ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why not STJ ML?

I like them in this matchup. From my rough observation of this team they have the defense to beat Marquette and if their shot falls they can definitely outscore Marq.

Anyone with insight into this one?

Ch3fDan
    Go Blue
    Ch3fDan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Coming from a Marquette fan this game scares me. I can easily see this being a very, very high scoring game.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

marqueete home and a great home record...also looks at last night..shows u the power of home court

Ch3fDan
    Go Blue
    Ch3fDan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Marquette is good in the BC but that still doesn't make this game a lock. They are about the shakiest team in D1 this year. They can play with the best of the best, and play down to the level of the scrubs.

Covy
    Covy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1430

Depends on which St Johns shows up.

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

Because the risk isn't worth the reward. I think it will be a close game either way. +6 is a much smarter play.

GGRIF82
    GGRIF82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

If you going to bet stj this would be the time to do it while there hot!

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marquette and Ohio State ML parlay for me. St Johns just played a road game Sunday , legs will be tired. College kids just can't handle playing on the road .

cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Marquette cant afford to lose any more games like this. St. Johns sucks on the road. Great spot for Marquette. All their losses have been close and to good teams on the road.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

st johns is the sucker bet of the day

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    st johns is the sucker bet of the day
    why is that

BettingWizard

bad matchup for them

st johns has played very well the last 2 weeks or so, sooner or later they will lay a stinker, and with Marquette going all out for a tourney bid, this is a good spot for it to happen

CrimsonQueen
    CrimsonQueen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1660

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    bad matchup for them

st johns has played very well the last 2 weeks or so, sooner or later they will lay a stinker, and with Marquette going all out for a tourney bid, this is a good spot for it to happen

St. John's is going all out for a tourney bid, too... Marquette isn't the only one fighting for a spot here. I like St. John's to keep it close. I got +6.5...St. John's could definitely win this game though. Even if they don't I like them to keep it close enough.

Marquette vs. top 25 = 3-9
    St. John's vs. top 25 = 6-6

Every team will "sooner or later lay a stinker" but why would you assume tonight is the night? Could they? Sure. But I think they cover more than 55% of the time.

gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

probably a toss up for this game, so unless you really want to play it i wouldn't

CrimsonQueen
    CrimsonQueen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1660

Also... St John's ATS 10-13 (43.48%) ... Marquette ATS 11-6 (64.71%)
    These will (if not tonight) start to regress to the mean by the end of the season. (50%)

Also...last 2 times these teams met Marquette won by 2 points both times (in 2010).

Many other good reasons to take St. John's here..but I'm not going to try and convince anyone

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Either this will be a fast paced game with lots of missed layups and both teams shooting sub-30% from 3, or it will be a fast paced game with lots of uncontested layups with ticky tack fouls resulting in a combined 50+ free throws. Fatigue for St. Johns? Are you kidding me? With that depth?

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I think any Marquette team can show up.. SJ ML is prob the choice looking from the outside in

BettingWizard

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonQueen View Post
    St. John's is going all out for a tourney bid, too... Marquette isn't the only one fighting for a spot here. I like St. John's to keep it close. I got +6.5...St. John's could definitely win this game though. Even if they don't I like them to keep it close enough.

Marquette vs. top 25 = 3-9
    St. John's vs. top 25 = 6-6

Every team will "sooner or later lay a stinker" but why would you assume tonight is the night? Could they? Sure. But I think they cover more than 55% of the time.
    could be right, but st johns has more than enough quality wins right now to make the tourney. Can't say the same for Marquette.

also, before the cincy game, st johns had lost by 7 or more on the road 4 consecutive times