Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

No talk of HAWAII? WTF, this is the Marquee Game!

I like Hawaii tonight against Nevada. I'm on the moneyline 1.65 units to win 1. What are your guys thoughts? This Nevada team is coming off an OT game (albeit a win) 2 days ago in San Jose and now they have to fly out to Hawaii for a game that is not right with their body-clocks? Hawaii hasn't played since February 5th and have definitely game-planned for this one.

armistel
    armistel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 644

We're waiting to talk about Hawaii for when WV and Kansas St both win outright and we're all trying to double and triple up on Hawaii to win back our losses.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

hawaii sucks
    my $ on nevada here

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by armistel View Post
    We're waiting to talk about Hawaii for when WV and Kansas St both win outright and we're all trying to double and triple up on Hawaii to win back our losses.
    Lol. This

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    hawaii sucks my $ on nevada here
    I know Hawaii sucks. Nevada isn't good either and they are going to be dead tired

DirkDiggs
    Clippers ML!
    DirkDiggs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Nevada is far more talented. It all comes down to how they travel.

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

I agree this is a tough trip for the Wolf Pack. Nevada has improved dramatically in the second half of the season, though. They are playing for a second seed in the WAC tournament. I see that their coach has made that a goal of the season. That's a big prize in the WAC tournament. First and second seeds in that tournament don't have to play until the third round -- one win gets them in the championship. Also, it would put Nevada in a position to face Utah State in the final, after one win against somebody like New Mexico State or Idaho. This game at Hawaii, one of their toughest remaining tests, would be a huge win for them. Hawaii is looking at a 6 or 7 or 8 seed in the WAC tournament. I'm thinking their motivation is dwindling. Also, the Warriors' home court advantage has not been such great magic this year. Fresno and SJSU played them close on the island; BSU and Idaho spanked them there (they did play Utah State very tough there (OT) on 1/30, but I'm wondering if that was Hawaii's big last hurrah). I see that with the bets pretty evenly split (54% on Hawaii), the line has moved from Hawaii -3 to -4. I'm leaning Nevada plus the points, but the line movement causes me hesitation. Appears the bigger players think Nevada is going to lay an egg. I personally like the direction Nevada is going, though, and I might bite on a play on Nevada in this one, especially if the line gets much juicier. More likely, I might go to bed and forget about this game.

Good luck with your play.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6423

home crowd will be very small tonight, but im still on hawaii. they had a long break to prepare for this game, everyone is healthy. they have a new found talent on the team in miah ostrowski.

go bows

Twerp
    Twerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

I think Hawaii First Half is the safe play here. Hawaii is a first half team who starts fast, and then looks like a completely different team in the 2nd half. Ill wait right up until gametime to see where the spread is at and see if its a value play.

dingbat
    dingbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 271

as a hawaii fan, its been tough, and really a tale of two teams. with miah running point they're better but it seems like the coaching hasn't really figured out that he's lightning quick and don't really run plays to take advantage of this. i also watched them squander a game they should've won against utah state and they're just as young as nevada, aside from amis and hiram, so they're not particularly experienced and not as talented as nevada. I think nevada is slowly peaking with a gritty win at SJST. You also can't look at their previous match up because amis was still out and he does provide a big presence if he can stay out of foul trouble. I'm taking nevada ML in a parlay, but I'd like to see how rusty hawaii is after a week off and might take something in the 2H.
    Last edited by dingbat; 02-14-11 at 04:36 PM. Reason: cuz i'z dumb

1andOnly
    1andOnly's Avatar Become A Pro!

both teams are pretty bad but I don't like this game tonight for either side.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

Quote Originally Posted by dingbat View Post
    as a hawaii fan, its been tough, and really a tale of two teams. with miah running point they're better but it seems like the coaching hasn't really figured out that he's lightning quick and don't really run plays to take advantage of this. i also watched them squander a game they should've won against utah state and they're just as young as nevada, aside from amis and hiram, so they're not particularly experienced and not as talented as nevada. I think nevada is slowly peaking with a gritty win at SJST. You also can't look at their previous match up because amis was still out and he does provide a big presence if he can stay out of foul trouble. I'm taking nevada ML in a parlay, but I'd like to see how rusty hawaii is after a week off and might take something in the 2H.

Nevada (10-14) at Hawaii (13-10)

The Sports Network
    DATE & TIME: Monday, February 14th, 11:59 p.m. (et)
    FACTS & STATS: Site: Stan Sheriff Center (10,300) -- Honolulu, Hawaii. Television: None. Home Record: Nevada 8-3, Hawaii 10-4. Away Record: Nevada 2-8, Hawaii 2-5. Neutral Record: Nevada 0-3, Hawaii 1-1. Conference Record: Nevada 7-4, Hawaii 4-7. Series Record: Nevada leads, 18-10.
    GAME NOTES: A pair of Western Athletic Conference teams show each other some love on Valentine's Day, as the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors welcome the Nevada Wolf Pack to the Stan Sheriff Center in Honolulu.
    Nevada, which had an awful time fighting against non-conference opponents this season, has been coming on strong in recent weeks and is now one of the hottest teams in the WAC at 7-4. On Saturday night, the team had to put in a little extra effort in order to lock up an 84-76 overtime victory against San Jose State. The win was the second in a row and the sixth in seven games for the program.
    Meanwhile, the Warriors have been watching from the sidelines since their 75-61 setback against Idaho in Moscow on February 5th. The setback was the second in the last three outings for Hawaii, which is now 4-7 in conference as a result.
    Nevada won the first meeting of the season back on New Year's Eve with an 86-69 triumph at home in Reno. Olek Czyz and Dario Hunt were both credited with 23 points for the Pack in that meeting, followed by Malik Story with 18 points on 6-of-11 shooting behind the three-point line. Vander Joaquim paced the visitors to the Lawlor Events Center with 22 points and a game-high 13 rebounds, but still the Pack picked up the win and moved to 18-10 in the all- time series.
    Malik Story scored a team-best 29 points, leading four in double figures, as the Wolf Pack captured the eight-point overtime win against the San Jose State Spartans two nights ago. Olek Czyz contributed 15 points for the Pack, followed by Jerry Evans and Derrell Conner with 12 and 10 points, respectively. Dario Hunt scored just six points before fouling out, but he did make an impression with 13 rebounds and four blocked shots. Nevada shot just 33.3 percent from the field and 1-of-9 behind the three-point line in the first half, yet the squad trailed by just five points at the break, 32-27 and then managed to get to overtime where they scored the first points of the period and never looked back. Story is now the leading scorer for the program with his 13.9 ppg, but not that far behind is Hunt who is averaging not only 13.2 ppg, but also 10.0 rpg to pace the program in that department. Czyz (12.9 ppg) is hitting on 54.9 percent of his field goal attempts and gives the team another piece in the paint as Nevada tops opponents by about two rebounds per contest these days.
    Vander Joaquim recorded another double-double for the Warriors with 14 points and 14 rebounds, both of which were team highs, but still he couldn't carry Hawaii to a second straight win in the state of Idaho during the first week of February. Joston Thomas added 12 points but that did little for the squad as starting guard Hiram Thompson played a total of just eight minutes in the meeting. Even though it wouldn't have made enough of a difference, the Warriors didn't do themselves any favors by shooting just 7-of-12 at the free- throw line, which means the squad was outscored at the stripe by 10. While he didn't play an integral part in the team's meeting with Idaho, the efforts of Bill Amis are crucial to the team's success since his return. In fact, when Amis leads the program in scoring this season the Warriors are a perfect 6-0, so feeding him the ball would certainly be a good idea. A starter in all nine of his league appearances thus far, Amis is averaging 13.7 ppg in those outings which is second only to Zane Johnson with 14.2 ppg. Playing tough on the inside is Joaquim with 10.9 points and 9.5 rebounds over 11 WAC contests, yet this is a group that is still being outscored by more than six points per game by WAC foes.
    It is never easy for teams to make the trip to Hawaii and experience the drastic time change, but Nevada might be riding a high right now that can't be stopped even by a revamped Warriors group.
    Sports Network Predicted Outcome: Nevada 74, Hawaii 66 02/14 10:33:21 ET

Aristocles
    Aristocles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by 1andOnly View Post
    both teams are pretty bad but I don't like this game tonight for either side.
    What do you make of the totals? I capped this game at ~136. RAS has O137.5. The line is now 138 1/2 at most books.

1andOnly
    1andOnly's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocles View Post
    What do you make of the totals? I capped this game at ~136. RAS has O137.5. The line is now 138 1/2 at most books.
    If anything the play is Nevada. Tight game though. My buddy uses a system that says to stay away because of the tough travel schedule. Gun to my head I say the total is a little high.

NUCKYTHOMPSON$$
    NUCKYTHOMPSON$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

hawaii sucks
    my $ on nevada here
    Not so fast my friend. Hawai by double digit.

Lets go out
    1 800 HOOYAH
    Lets go out's Avatar Become A Pro!

hawaii sucks
    my $ on nevada here

what he said

NUCKYTHOMPSON$$
    NUCKYTHOMPSON$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Lets go out View Post
    what he said
    wait and see.

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 1andOnly View Post
    If anything the play is Nevada. Tight game though. My buddy uses a system that says to stay away because of the tough travel schedule. Gun to my head I say the total is a little high.
    This, the Under might be the best play for this game. Nobody seems to score when they get to the island.

Madball
    Madball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

Hawaii -2 1st half BIG

nanozane
    nanozane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    home crowd will be very small tonight, but im still on hawaii. they had a long break to prepare for this game, everyone is healthy. they have a new found talent on the team in miah ostrowski.

go bows
    i agree

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

This is not the same Nevada team your ML play looks good if you like that much juice, I prefer the under 138

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Nevada +150 is very nice. 2 days since a tough game but a week off before that. playing very well, more talent i wouldnt be suprised it they win it like 68-58

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5338

Under!!!!!

dingbat

i lost my parlay, so putting 100 on Nevada ML and 100 on the under.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Hawaii 74
    Navada 61

skidrow
    skidrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

anyone have a stream to watch nevada / hawaii online? thanx

dingbat

really sloppy game so far, a tired team vs a rusty team

jboy4
    jboy4's Avatar Become A Pro!

This will go down to the wire.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

please let me know your thoughts on the second half when the lines come out. Im curious to anyone have a stream ld like to watch as well

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14373

Quote Originally Posted by Balco10 View Post
    Hawaii 74
    Navada 61
    yes under, but maybe OT?

dingbat

i paid for my stream via oceanic not sure if anyone is streaming it.

DaBlueHen
    DaBlueHen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stream????

asdfghasdfgh
    asdfghasdfgh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

Radio feed here:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player#...allsign=KKEAAM

That's all I could find. There's a PPV available for the game but I don't want to see the game enough to pay $6.50 to see it.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Nevada shooting 23% from the field and 50% from the line...not sure why they aren't winning? They may be a 2H play though

Madball
    Madball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

Quote Originally Posted by Madball View Post
    Hawaii -2 1st half BIG
    EASY MONEY

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

what's the 2nd halfplay guys??? leaning towards hawaii

12 Last