stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Just how good are these Arizona Wildcats?

At 20-4 they have exceeded all realistic expectations. Williams is a consensus All American and some would say the best player in the country. They lead the Pac-10 in 3 point shooting, Free Throw shooting and defending the 3. They seem to be picking up more and more steam.

Sean Miller has to be up there for coach of the year.

Where did these guys come from? Are they capable of a big run in March?

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

They're absolutely "capable" of a Final Four run because Williams will always be one of the best players on the court no matter who they face and in college sometimes that's all you need. They also have talented guards and experienced wing players like Fogg and Horne.

That said, I think they'll fall short of any serious run because of inconsistency at the guard position. Probably lose in Sweet 16. I still think Washington at their best is by the far team in the Pac-10, Isiah Thomas just turns into a little retard sometimes. When Suggs is hitting the 3 and Amaning avoids foul trouble they're very very good.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pac 10....

Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

Washington and UCLA are the only 2 other pac schools that pose a threat for Arizona to loose too..Arizona has a big slate of games coming up this week against the Washington schools pac 10 championship may look similar

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Honestly...first time I've watched them closely this year. I was impressed

vitalogist
    GET LOOSE!
    vitalogist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

They're gonna DESTROY Washington Saturday, too.....

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

have the ASU fans been chanting about football this whole game?

stevek173

State really challenged the guards tonight by locking down DWill. Result - very decisive victory. What the heck got into Fogg? Wow.

drew34
    drew34's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm an Arizona fan and while I'm ecstatic about their play, they are not a final four team. PG Momo Jones has picked his play as of late but he's not a starting PG on a top 10 team. He has lots of heart and is a great kid but ideally, he's the best backup PG in the nation on a very good squad.

The Wildcats are prone to struggle against zones and their lack of players who can create their own shot limits what they can do when facing a really good opponent. Williams is top notch and an All American but there really isn't a second option. They're winning because they hustle and have completely bought in to Coach Miller's system. With a favorable bracket, I could see them making it to the Sweet 16 but anything beyond that is just wishful thinking.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    At 20-4 they have exceeded all realistic expectations.
    I would disagree. I would classify "not getting blown out by BYU again" and "not losing to Oregon State" realistic expectations. Expectations that were not met. That being said, they're probably the best team in the Pac-10, especially now that UW doesn't have Abdul Gaddy. The only question is whether being the best team in the Pac-10 is worth anything right now.

With a favorable draw they could get to the Sweet Sixteen.

stevek173

Right right. Yeah that BYU game was brutal and the State loss was a perfect example of how they could get beaten by just about anyone running a zone on any given night.

I am a big fan bu tI have been selling them short all year, and DWill is just a stud. Think there is any chance he will stay another year? I think the Cats have some talent coming in at guard. they could be very good.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Been riding them for a while now, last weekend was great as they won and covered at both northern cal schools.

drew34
    drew34's Avatar Become A Pro!

DWill
    is just a stud. Think there is any chance he will stay another year?
    Supposedly Williams wants to come back since next year's squad will be loaded and definitely final four caliber. I've heard if he's out of the top ten he'll stay. However he's rocketing up the draft boards (right now between 8-14) so it's looking likely that he'll leave.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Been riding them for a while now, last weekend was great as they won and covered at both northern cal schools.

and boom goes the dynamite. cats are now cursed.

very impressed with what miller has done in tucson. i'll miss the lute teams, but miller is creating a new program shaped his way. williams is a beast. rest of team is so-so. not the nba talent lute consistently brought in year after year.

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

Now they get the Huskies in Tucson. I think this game will be put up or shut up for both programs.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    At 20-4 they have exceeded all realistic expectations. Williams is a consensus All American and some would say the best player in the country. They lead the Pac-10 in 3 point shooting, Free Throw shooting and defending the 3. They seem to be picking up more and more steam.

Sean Miller has to be up there for coach of the year.

Where did these guys come from? Are they capable of a big run in March?

if they arent the surprise of this season.idont know who.im going to keep my eye on them thru the tourneyand hope they do good in tourney

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Arizona a final four team . Lost by 22 earlier to byu played Kansas tough i guess lost by 8. Who have they beat this season seriously? Pac 10 besides Washington really is one of the worse conferences in basketball.

BOBBYW
    BOBBYW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7198

Just got the updated futures for cbb and see that AZ is 60/1...Shocker ND is 75/1...

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68545

Have to think that a Xavier or George Mason would give them more than they could handle.

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Have to think that a Xavier or George Mason would give them more than they could handle.
    Agree...I would take both these teams plus points on a neutral court for sure

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Washington is better.

end of story. the Pac 10 is irrelevant as a conference until UCLA returns to dominance.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Washington is better.

end of story. the Pac 10 is irrelevant as a conference until UCLA returns to dominance.
    I think you're underestimating UCLA. This team is just getting better and better. I know the pac-10 is weak, but Arizona and UCLA are playing consistently good basketball. Washington can be a very good team, but they don't have the big men like usual and have to rely on outside shots.
    UCLA has one of the top 5 coaches in the country and has a lot of talent. They lost to Kansas by 1 point in Kansas and they beat BYU. They beat St Johns last week. They do have one bad loss, Montana, but that was their fourth straight loss after just getting beat by Kansas.

I think UCLA and Arizona could definitely go to the sweet 16. Washington maybe, but that is just based on talent alone.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Pac 10....

word.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Poor showing buy zona today.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

They aren't as good as advertised. I'm opinion is a little bias since they burried me twice this week as underdogs.

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

Ucla = Big Stronger Faster