thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

What's your theory for handicapping

Mine for now, it might change, just started using the SBR Arrows on teams

Handicapping theory

1. Look at couple other sites for home records
    2. Write on paper what team might win at home, too many to write on saturday
    3. Just started looking at SBR games and look at “ teams arrows”
    4. I don't count the 'steal' arrow, this leaves me 8 arrows
    5. Start counting the arrows on each team
    6. If home team has 5 arrows, away team 3, so +2, 5-3=+2, 6-2= +4, 8-0=+8
    7. If home team has 3 arrows, away team 5, so -2, 3-5= -2, 2-6= -4, 0-8= -8
    8. home team 4 arrows, away 4 arrow, pick'em
    9. Study + team, make sure of trends of away team
    10. I will bet parlays on Moneyline home teams 1 to 5 dollar for now, I can't afford much
    11. the odd time i will try a parlay spread
    12. i "don't" try to blame other other handicappers for me losing on them, but will mostly put blame on team and players sometimes
    13. I don't have game locks, I have game hopes
    14. I don't try and chase loses, try that is
    15. there are no guarantees, mighty teams can be taken down at anytime
    16. don't ask me what my picks are because I'm just guessing like everyone else, I might post
    example of game i was going to play
    (feb 10, had Layola Chi +4, away team was on hot streak against good teams, seeing that, i
    decided with either Mich St +4 or San Fran +8, took San fran, got lucky and won)

****Don't ask me where the The Arrows are, use your d#&* mouse and click on the games, and
    you'll see them

What's your handicapping theory?

Good luck
    Last edited by thfootball; 02-11-11 at 07:19 PM.

Goodfella10
    Goodfella10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Interesting stuff. As of late I have questioned my theory, but I think it might hold up in the long run. One of the main things I use when capping is trying to bet on only home teams. It's hard at times when a nice line is posted for a good road team, but I try not to. I also weigh in # of bets on a team, spread movement, and I try to figure out what type of teams/players have caused each team trouble. Many times I find myself betting on a hunch alone, which is likely my main weakness. Best of luck the rest of the season.

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

Let me correct that, I "don't" try and blame other handicappers for losing if I follow them, it's tough not to get upset. Hope they'll get on to something good again, or think of another plan of my own.