AbeFroman
    AbeFroman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 731

Vanderbilt bench's behind basket??

I believe this is the first time I've seen Vandy's gym, and I see Alabama's bench is behind the basket. With all that room on the far sideline, why behind the basket? Interesting! Certainly unique!

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Bama has been getting raped on the calls. complete bullshit
    so many non calls they should of got. Oh well its still a cover but I wanted the W

skidaddy28
    skidaddy28's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea its a tough place to play

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

Yeah... That place annoys me. Hate that setup. Stallings is a good coach though.

Bama got jobbed tonight btw.

AbeFroman
    AbeFroman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 731

I did watch most of the contest, and it did seem like a good bit of the calls did go against 'Bama. However, that didn't deter from the cover, which was my chief concern.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

that last no call against green under the basket was bull shit. Or the one where mitchell was thrown to the ground. The Vandy fans were so loud with their boos i think it scared the pussy refs from making any more calls.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Yeah, Memorial Gym is weird with its elevated court and baseline benches.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Vandy is one of those teams that truly has a homecourt advantage.

oklahomaoutlaw
    BOOMER SOONER!
    oklahomaoutlaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 107

The tide looked great just to many very bad calls to win, but nice cover roll tide

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

I love the Vandy gym

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Bama coach blew up at the end. Shocked he didn't get a technical, but I agree with the coach - definitely should have been a foul.

Vol_Bengal
    Vol_Bengal's Avatar Become A Pro!

First... hate that damn gym. The SEC or NCAA should make them match the setup of every other gymnasium college teams play at. It is a significant advantage for the home team. Moreso, than in any other sport or could be duplicated. For half the game a team on offense can't even hear their coach try to call plays because he's on the other end of the court.

Secondly... you go into that gymnasium, Vandy is a different team shooting there. They just fill it up in their home place.

Lastly... you're gonna get jobbed in that place as the visitor. That place is worth 10 points to the home team, easily.

umdterps
    umdterps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 734

Got to be tough for the away team

Kustac
    Kustac's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jwbama23 View Post
    Bama has been getting raped on the calls. complete bullshit so many non calls they should of got. Oh well its still a cover but I wanted the W
    Relax bama fan from that other thread where we debated, I really can't believe you claim to be neutral with your analysis, without the "home court calls" 3 weeks ago your team doesn't beat Kentucky by 2 now the "home court calls" for Vandy take this win away from you

Fair calls = you'd have won last night but lost to Kentucky, with the "home court calls" your now complaining about = you stole the one against Kentucky by 2 and then Vandy needed "home court calls" to steal this one from you by 4

it all evens out unless your one of the really hated teams (which Bama is not)