Prop Bet Master
    The road to nowhere leads to me!
    Prop Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

San Diego State +3500 to win the NCAA Tournament!

Good value here! San Diego State is this season's Butler!

ND25
    ND25's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like it. Except I don't think they're Butler. I think they're better than that.

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

good value if you like giving money away.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Remember: San Diego State has never won an NCAA Tournament game. While that will certainly change this year because they will have a high seed, the ceiling for this team is probably lower than for some of the other teams that will receive high seeds. That being said, 35-1 gives you a lot of room to bet against SDSU up to the championship game, so perhaps it is a good value.

Just beware, when SDSU struggles with their jump shots, they could lose to teams like Wisconsin-Green Bay and IUPUI.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Quote Originally Posted by flocko76 View Post
    good value if you like giving money away.
    Post of the day.
    Spot on.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

As a 3 seed which is what i think they would be they would be heavily favored in the first two rounds. leaving 4 more to go. It's not the worst bet i've ever seen. You never know how the draw will play out. If they get left in the West you can believe a #1 seed will come from the East. The pac-10 has nothing

mightyminnow
    mightyminnow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    Remember: San Diego State has never won an NCAA Tournament game. While that will certainly change this year because they will have a high seed, the ceiling for this team is probably lower than for some of the other teams that will receive high seeds. That being said, 35-1 gives you a lot of room to bet against SDSU up to the championship game, so perhaps it is a good value.

Just beware, when SDSU struggles with their jump shots, they could lose to teams like Wisconsin-Green Bay and IUPUI.
    wouldn't need close to the championship to start hedging.

stevenash

Not dissing SDSU or the thread starter in any way, shape or form.
    SDSU is having a dream season, but they only beat one top 20 team, an overrated 'Zaga (#12) at the time, barely by three, back on 11/16/2010.
    They got schooled by BYU, and beat 23 cupcakes.

MWC is competitive, not saying they aren't, UNLV can play, New Mexico can give you a game every now and then, but this is not the Big East where any number of 5 or 6 teams can roll SDSU on any given night, or the Big 10, with OSU, Wisky....... Kansas, Texas would roll them by DD's, and I haven't even mentioned the SEC.

Can SDSU get out of the first weekend?
    I thinks so.
    But after you weed out the pretenders in the first two rounds of the tourney, SDSU would probably be outmatched by 3/4 of the teams left.

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

I'd bet BYU +5000 before I would touch SDSU +3500.

Prop Bet Master

You might think I'm crazy, and I am, but consider this. Most experts have San Diego State as a 2 seed right now. If they are, they will have a very good chance to make it to the Sweet 16. And if they are in the West Region, the West Regionals are in Anaheim, not that far from San Diego. They probably won't win the tournament, but they have a better chance than the odds suggest. They certainly should be a bigger favorite than Washington, North Carolina, Arizona, and some of the overvalued teams. So why not put something on them now and then lay down the big bet when they run into one of the top teams?

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by CMNoney View Post
    So would I.
    BYU is the class of MWC.

SDSU is this year's cinderella like Butler, or 'Zaga, or No. 'Zona of yesteryear.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Their coach is a flipping idiot.

UNLV used to beat SDSU all the time, b/c they would full court press them. SDSU's coach would go the whole game without making any adjustments.

Now SDSU has an assload of talent. You cant press them anymore.

All teams can do now is force them to make jumpers. That works, but this is where SDSU kills you... The boards. They have a legit 7 footer, and two 6'11 guys. Then their NBA prospect is 6'7, and plays SF. They crash the boards and will out rebound about every team in the country, except Pittsburgh.

Remember all of Fishser's team that made a run in the tourny @Michigan, where loaded with talent. FAB 5 anyone???? SDSU doenst have a Fab5, but when you see them in the tourny against other top 25 teams they will not be outmanned. Not even close.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Prop Bet Master View Post
    You might think I'm crazy, and I am, but consider this. Most experts have San Diego State as a 2 seed right now. If they are, they will have a very good chance to make it to the Sweet 16. And if they are in the West Region, the West Regionals are in Anaheim, not that far from San Diego. They probably won't win the tournament, but they have a better chance than the odds suggest. They certainly should be a bigger favorite than Washington, North Carolina, Arizona, and some of the overvalued teams. So why not put something on them now and then lay down the big bet when they run into one of the top teams?
    Your post is valid, if you bet SDSU, you hedge in the later rounds, you can pick up a few bucks that way, however, if they are a three seed, they'll beat the 14 seed, somebody like the IVY Champ or Fairfield or whoever wins the Metro atlantic, but the three seed would have to play the 6/11 winner, and the 6/11 game is usually Mid-Major conference winner vs. 3rd place Major Conference team.
    6/11 games are dangerous.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Their coach is a flipping idiot.
    You could've just stopped there.

Prop Bet Master

Quote Originally Posted by CMNoney View Post
    I like that one too.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

no chance