DennisT
    DennisT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4946

Xavier @ Georgia

Xavier gets 6 1/2. Lean toward Xavier. Any thoughts?
    Points Awarded:

dlweaver gave DennisT 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

dlweaver gave DennisT 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

dlweaver gave DennisT 33 SBR Point(s) for this post.

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DennisT View Post
    Xavier gets 6 1/2. Lean toward Xavier. Any thoughts?
    its 4.5

DennisT

I can get Xavier + 6 1/2. Thoughts?

bacon22
    bacon22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1279

I think I would take Xavier at that price. I think they are starting to come along.
    Points Awarded:

chiliv5 gave bacon22 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

yankeerick
    yankeerick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

looks like a good pick also like the under 138.bol

DennisT

Love the under, just wondreing why I get that many points!

Chong Wizard
    Chong Wizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

It looks like a good spot for Xavier but... it might be a look ahead game for them... since their next game is on the road against Duquense Dukes who they are tied with for the number 1 spot in their conference... with that being said I haven't been impressed with what I've seen from Georgia... so I'm probably going to stay away from this one...

DirkDiggs
    Clippers ML!
    DirkDiggs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

FYI, Xavier is 0-7-1 in their last eight non conference games. Food for thought.

bh9889
    bh9889's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 449

Being a Georgia sports fan and experience from going to games its hard for visiting teams to get a good start early...and Georgia can be inconsistent as well I think the best play is the under as both teams allow less than 70 a game. Going to add the UNDER to my plays.

TrapperDapper
    TrapperDapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4721

Is Thompkins playing?

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

I like Xavier at +4.5 and on the ml so yes if you are getting 6.5 hit it

PRiiMO
    BOM BOM
    PRiiMO's Avatar Become A Pro!

whats the payout at 6.5?

Boxer300
    Boxer300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Georgia will cover 4 1/2 but 6 1/2 is too much. I might take Xavier if I could get 6 1/2. Under also looks good.

weightofmywords
    weightofmywords's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you can really get it at 6.5, take it. I'm taking it at +4.5 and happy with that.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Why everyone like the Under? Check out the past 10 games or so for both teams-- they can score and evidently aren't the best defensively.

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

Georgia covers. And here's why! For the first time since Tubby, UGA actually has a home court advantage. Coach Mark Fox (CMR) is spending a lot of time encouraging students to fill up Stegman. He even tweeted "Students, you can each afford a 2hr break from studying. I'll hold study hall after if need be." He's being embraced by the students and fans. Not since the Tubby years has UGA sold out this many consecutive games. Basketball is finally electric in Stegman Coliseum. It's a nationally televised game and it will be an awesome crowd tonight. In Athens, GA they smell an NCAA berth so wins are a must. Home court and an NCAA berth in their sights will give the Dawgs a double digit win tonight. GL

man_of_steel
    man_of_steel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 646

I actually liked the over here

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTongueFox View Post
    Georgia covers. And here's why! For the first time since Tubby, UGA actually has a home court advantage. Coach Mark Fox (CMR) is spending a lot of time encouraging students to fill up Stegman. He even tweeted "Students, you can each afford a 2hr break from studying. I'll hold study hall after if need be." He's being embraced by the students and fans. Not since the Tubby years has UGA sold out this many consecutive games. Basketball is finally electric in Stegman Coliseum. It's a nationally televised game and it will be an awesome crowd tonight. In Athens, GA they smell an NCAA berth so wins are a must. Home court and an NCAA berth in their sights will give the Dawgs a double digit win tonight. GL
    I followed what Fox did at Nevada. Georgia has a gem. Fox was 123-43 in five years as head coach at Nevada, and, by the way, beat Georgia twice during those years. Fox will turn Georgia into an SEC power, and it will not take him long. He knows how to recruit; he knows how to motivate; he knows how to manage a game; he knows how to create excitement about a program; and, importantly, he knows how to get wins on the road. I would be very careful betting against Georgia today, and in the near future.

SilverTongueFox

And what a lot of people dont know, high school basketball in Georgia is tops. If CMF can recruit the top in-state to UGA, you better definitely watch out.

DennisT

Thanks for the feedback! Taking the under and Xavier +6 1/2! Luck All!

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

U2 Dennis

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Well, he already lost Shannon Scott to Ohio State.

ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Xav ML. Going to play

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Quote Originally Posted by DennisT View Post
    I can get Xavier + 6 1/2. Thoughts?
    If you are getting Xavier +6.5 for -110, you hit it. Simple as that.

SilverTongueFox

agharah - yes, he did lose shannon scott to OSU. However, he did secure a verbal from the top player in GA - Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (5star). Both are guards and Kentavious was #1 on UGA's board. You dont have many scholarships to give in basketball so its obvious CMF isnt going to get every kid he recruits. GA is so rich that a lot of the kids will go to other schools simply b/c there isnt room to sign all of them. In the past, UGA lost every recruiting battle for the top players in the state Derrick Favors, Al Farouq Aminu, JJ Hickson just to name a few. Now they are getting more visits from the in-state kids and actually winning some of those recruiting battles. CMF is turning around this program and it's showing on the floor and in recruiting.

matthewsg
    matthewsg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Georgia will win this game in the paint and cover the number. Everyone rememers X blowing out Richmond on the road. Same for UGA playing an OT game with Auburn Saturday. I think because of those two games we are getting good value with UGA. I'm laying the points. GL whichever side you are on.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I think these 2 teams are very evenly matched....guess the Xavier ML +177 jumped out at me....they really impressed me by burying Richmond on the road recently by 23! Richmond beat Purdue & VCU this year! Xavier makes the Sweet 16 quite often and this is a big one to sweeten up their resume for the tournament! I played on Georgia to beat Florida at home & they choked.....they're not quite ready for primetime imo....atleast not deserving to be a -200 fav to Xavier imo?

Mr Handicapable

What an ugly game...Georgia hasn't hit a shot outside 5 feet yet....haven't had to though? Hollowell for X is scoreless? Hopefully X's guard play will get the job done!!

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

Go Daaaaaaaaaawgs!

Mr Handicapable

X would spank these guys if the friggin refs would ever pay attention to 3 seconds? The big boys from GA post up in the paint and never leave?

hoya
    hoya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

This is the second time i got suckered into taking Georgia at home, won't happen again. That team just is not very good.

Mr Handicapable

Yeah I think they hit one 3 pointer...didn't see anything else go in from over 10 feet out....not hard to defend a team like that!!