clc49
    clc49's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Detroit vs. Cleveland State

I understand that Detroit is better at home than they are on the road (8-4 vs 5-8) but Cleveland State is a quality team (21-4)... yes they are better at home but they are not bad on the road either (Home 13-1 Away 8-3)

Cleveland State: Losses --> @West Virginia, @Butler, @ Valpo Home vs. Butler....

In an earlier match up this season: Cleveland State 81 Detroit 69 @ Cleveland State

Detroit gives up a ton of points (71.4 on the season) (73.46 in conference this year)

Cleveland State gives up 61.0 on the season (62.62 in conference) while averaging 71.0 on the season and 71.0 in conference.... therefore Cleveland State on an average night should put up 71 points on Detroit... Cleveland State is 12-0 when they score 71 or higher...

Rebounding advantage: Slight advantage to Detroit, but it should be pretty close, Eli Holman from Detroit had a huge game against Cleveland State last time out 16 pts 14 rebounds...

The last time they played Cleveland State went 7/17 (average 6.68/game) from behind the arc whereas Detroit went 4/11 (average 4.92/game) ... Teams are averaging 6.96 3 pointers/game against Detroit.... Whereas teams average 4.8 against Cleveland State.... That being said both teams played roughly to their average in their previous game

Detroit is averaging 16.44 turnovers a game... Detroit forces 15.16 turnovers/game; Cleveland State is averaging 12.36.... Cleveland State forces 15.36 turnovers per game I expect this game to go up and down and this could be a big difference maker... and additional 4 possessions a game is huge

Conclusion: I like Cleveland State to cover the 2 points despite it being at Detroit, I believe the Cleveland State is the better team and has played better competition... they also happen to be coming off of a loss to Butler...

The difference in this game will be Cleveland States ability to shoot the three as well as their ability to force turnovers

If this game gets into the 70s I believe Cleveland State will win by roughly 6

Prediction: Cleveland State 76 Detroit 70

What does everyone think?

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I'm on the Cleveland St ML. I think there is good value comparing the ML to my analysis. Its a really big play for me.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

small road fave is a death wish
    detroit or pass

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I'm on Detroit ML.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
    small road fave is a death wish detroit or pass
    Those who bet by "rules" should not bet

3GCOVERAGE
    3GCOVERAGE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 444

Cleveland st. for me I like the write up. Detroit plays sloppy basketball and turns the ball over way too much.

clc49

I feel like the majority of people on here are taking detroit.... this may be one I lay off...sbr has put some doubt in my pick

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

You got a team in CSU that is only getting -2 with their record. Something fishy with this line.

clc49

agreed but i can see them winning and covering just as easy

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by LockPickMaster View Post
    You got a team in CSU that is only getting -2 with their record. Something fishy with this line.
    I used to think like that. But sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade. Example: yesterday Ohio State, undefeated #1 team in the nation is giving 4.5 to Minnesota...line should have been about 7.5.

Sure, there are plenty of examples to the contrary as well, but I would advise getting past the 'fishiness' of lines and just realize that in a game like this, homecourt advantage is huge, and that's why Cleve State is only favored by 2. Once again, I'd argue that a more accurate line should have been CS -4. Therefore, I'm betting them at -2.

Power Play
    Power Play's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cleveland State is much better bottom line. Detroit at home has suffered some bad blowout losses and have a tendency of not covering in general this season when they were the "sharp" play. Have to take Cleveland State imo.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

i like CSU to cover, but like the over much more. i'm a little concerned that CSU might experience a slight letdown after Butler Saturday, but Waters doesn't usually allow his teams to let down. i think that it's CSU by 3-5, say, 78-74. BOL with your play, i'm a CSU fan so i'll definitely be pulling for you.

kufan11
    kufan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Cleveland St. doesnt **** around with shit teams like Detroit, im guessing a blow out. They got alot to play for. contending for 1st place. To all you who would like to take a 500 team to beat the best in the conference GL.

justwinthisone
    justwinthisone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4980

cle st by 6

iMxth3xbossx5000
    iMxth3xbossx5000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Cleveland State puts up a ton of points and can score quickly and efficiently.. I really don't see how they can lose this game.. They are a quality team as previously mentioned by someone else. They should win

N.O.S.
    N.O.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by iMxth3xbossx5000 View Post
    Cleveland State puts up a ton of points and can score quickly and efficiently.. I really don't see how they can lose this game.. They are a quality team as previously mentioned by someone else. They should win
    They're not as good as you think; pathetic Butler that lost to lowly YSU team in previous game destroyed Vikings on there home floor few days later. Detroit is a play tonight.

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.S. View Post
    They're not as good as you think; pathetic Butler that lost to lowly YSU team in previous game destroyed Vikings on there home floor few days later. Detroit is a play tonight.
    That angle makes sense as well.

I feel like I should take this opportunity to tell everyone that if you're playing Cleveland State like I am, so be it. But a short home dog like Detroit tonight wins more often than it loses. So whatever your play is, keep it reasonable and don't be the least bit surprised if there's an upset. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells

According to my shit, the line should be 5.5, pardon I meant my sheet

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Detroit had 19 offensive rebounds in the first game. Detroit turned it over 19 times and shot like 50% from the foul line which is what lost them the game, CSU also shot 50% from the field

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

So some of you want to take Detroit because Cleveland St. lost to Butler? Well then why not take Cleveland St. because Detroit has lost to Akron (13-10), Western Michigan (12-9), Bradley (8-16), and Wisconsin Milwaukee X2 (13-11) and some others. Cleveland St. just lost at home to Butler by 12 at home but Detroit lost at home to butler by 23. Honestly, I don't care too much about how Cleveland St. did against Butler and how Detroit did against Butler and then compare the teams that way. It's more about matchups and Cleveland St. is just the better team.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Congrats to you Detroit backers. You were on the right side tonight.

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only took Detroit because the Det coach was trying to cut down on turnovers in the last few games and Det had the rebounding edge.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

[COLOR=#000000! important]refs were on Detroit...others think so too. very biased officiating.
    http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/conver...meId=310382174
    [/COLOR]

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Detroit turned the ball over 8 less times than the previous game and shot the ball nearly 20% better from the field, still won the rebounding battle as expected

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10476

wow detroit