30K Millionaire
    Fade Yourself
    30K Millionaire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 592

I don't actually believe the game was fixed. It was just a coincidence. I just wanted to see what other people thought about it. It is refreshing to be on the right side of this for once. I agree if the game was fixed it would've been much easier to just throw the game and lose rather than try to score a 3 pointer at the buzzer.

Aussiecapper101
    LeTs GeT BuSY
    Aussiecapper101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

purely for his stats... a stat junkie (that really needed a stat )

Hulk32ster
    Hulk32ster's Avatar Become A Pro!

not fixed....there are last second, meaningless half court shots almost every game....this time it just happened that ball went in and it made a difference....i had gonzaga -4 so it sucked for me....

Boxer300
    Boxer300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Watched the entire game and no way that was a fix. There's no way they would make it come down to a guy making a 3 at the end. The odds are against him making the shot! This happens all the time in basketball.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Sure looked at it was fixed to me. Two wide open 3's to seal the cover

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

You guys have to be kidding.

Fishy ending??? Did the kid bet himself??? Give me a freaking break.

Apparently a lot of you have never played sports. You're down 6 with seconds to go, of course you're going to try to score. What did you people expect Portland to do??? Run out the clock and concede the game???

Even when the game is out of hand it's not like the players stop trying to score.

Herky
    Herky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4589

Anyone who thinks so is an idiot.

Balco10

Zags played no defense and basically gave them freebies...

Balco10

Quote Originally Posted by Herky View Post
    Anyone who thinks so is an idiot.

SteveB
    SteveB's Avatar Become A Pro!

The amount of idiotic comments on this site sometimes amazes me. Someone said the kids are kept poor so they are susceptible to point shaving scams etc. You sir are an idiot. College basketball players are not kept poor at all...their education is paid for and they are given the best dorms on campus along with food and perks that the regular students are not given.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I'm getting really sick of threads like this. "Fixed" games are rare not the norm. I'll admit they happen from time to time but the majority of the time a game is not fixed. It's called gambling people. Crazy things happen. When you win is it fixed????

This thread is ridiculous. If the game was fixed then Portland would not have fouled Gonzaga with 5 seconds left and gave Gonzaga 2 more free points.

The kid hit an uncontested three at the buzzer. I've seen this happen a lot. If a team is up 4-5 points their coaches tell them not to foul and they pretty much allow a wide open look at the end of the game. These are college players. They're going to hit some of these shots.

I would bye into the "fixed" theory a lot more if one team shoots like 43 free throws and the other team shoots like 9. I've seen this happen before.

Really though, if you were a player you would be trying to pad stats and score points at the end of the game too.

Joboarder
    Joboarder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by Balco10 View Post
    Zags played no defense and basically gave them freebies...
    yes because the worst thing they could do is let them make a 3 AND foul them also ...so dont guard is what you are told !!!!

30K Millionaire
    Fade Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    The amount of idiotic comments on this site sometimes amazes me. Someone said the kids are kept poor so they are susceptible to point shaving scams etc. You sir are an idiot. College basketball players are not kept poor at all...their education is paid for and they are given the best dorms on campus along with food and perks that the regular students are not given.
    I agree, this is one of the stupidest comments I've seen on here. Kids are kept poor so they are susceptible to point shaving scams. Give me a break

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

If zaga was up 3 and did it then that would be awesomely fishy

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by 30K Millionaire View Post
    I agree, this is one of the stupidest comments I've seen on here. Kids are kept poor so they are susceptible to point shaving scams. Give me a break
    My guess is you (and others) either failed to read my entire post or have no abilty to understand the sarcasm. Read it again - all of it this time - and then laugh rather than call me stupid.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Quote Originally Posted by pdx107 View Post
    Totally normal
    agreed, I don't know how many heaves I've seen with a team down eight or so with 00:02 left on the clock that find their way to the basket.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    exactly, if game was fixed,.. they'd throw bricks all game and commit fouls and lose 84-52, not depend on a last second hail mary shot.
    yeah because all fix attempts are successful

30K Millionaire
    Fade Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by jgray View Post
    My guess is you (and others) either failed to read my entire post or have no abilty to understand the sarcasm. Read it again - all of it this time - and then laugh rather than call me stupid.
    Sorry, misread the sarcasm. It was funny.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ya, nothing fishy here, just painful...If you took Portland, it was a terrible pick and you were banking on them absolutely shooting the lights out from 3 point range...So in a way, you put your chips on 8, and 8 the hard way. Portland rolled an 8 for ya so good job for getting that. If they had won the game, that would have been an 8 the hard way.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

its why i play cbb and not so much nba

Power Play
    Power Play's Avatar Become A Pro!

These kind of things happen every night not sure why it's a big deal.

slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

OP, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Seriously, this is one of the stupidest things I've ever read. The kid is a competitor, he's told play to the final whistle, and it's still a close game. So he shoots a three. It's not like Portland was +20 and was down 21 points and the kid airballed two free throws. He's being competitive, which is what his coaches taught him to do. Good for him. Sucks to be on the wrong side of that bet, but to be so stupid as to call it possible point shaving makes me think you know nothing about sports, and that this is probably not the right hobby for you.

First 12