milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

TEXAS best team in the ncaa BY FAR

this team is destroying everyone
    got a steal at BetPhoenix 22-1 to win ncaa before they took it off the board

any other shops that still have them at 20-1 or so should be taken advantage of

legendmatt34
    legendmatt34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

good luck w that

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Lost to Uconn @home, and UCLA on the road.

Dont be a prisoner of the moment.

They still play in one of the crappier divisions in college basketball... Big 12 South

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

They lost to USC on road not UCLA. Which is actually a tad worse. Texas is overrated again. Remember last year at this time? Everybody was saying same thing and then Texas lost what 8 straight or something?

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by homerbush View Post
    They lost to USC on road not UCLA. Which is actually a tad worse. Texas is overrated again. Remember last year at this time? Everybody was saying same thing and then Texas lost what 8 straight or something?
    Texas has already passed that moment from last year actually. They just went through the toughest five game stretch that any team has gone through and came out 5-0. Texas' schedule the rest of the way is easy. You expect them to fall apart against who? Texas Tech? Oklahoma? Hah.

It's a good possibility that Texas can get a #1 seed in the south bracket and then it's an even easier road to the final four - which is played in......you guessed it....Houston, TEXAS. It's a good bet. Good luck.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

I would never trust my money to a Rick Barnes-coached team come tournament time.

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

Maybe but I am unimpressed. Big 12 nowhere as good as thought preseason. Baylor, Kstate, and Missouri not as good as predicted. A&M got a little higher in the rankings then they probably deserved based on non conference schedule. A lot of Texas non conference wins don't look as good now as they did at the time as some of those teams have struggled.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    I would never trust my money to a Rick Barnes-coached team come tournament time.
    You sir are correct.

Remember Rick B had Kevin Durant, and couldnt sniff the sweet 16. And dont give me any bullshit about that team being crappy, b/cthey had DJ Agustine also.

If Northern Iowa can advance as far in the tourny as they did last year, then Kevin Durant should be able to reach the Sweet 16.

milwaukee mike

nobody else in ncaa hoops is beating top 15 teams by 20 points twice
    texas has won their last 7 games (all their conference games) by double digits, nobody else is doing this

there is a heck of a lot bigger than 5% chance that texas is the national champ, they're almost a lock for a #1 seed with the easy schedule left

unless there's an injury texas will not be an underdog in any game the rest of the year, including the tournament

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I don't know if Texas is the best team in the country but I like the way the Horns are playing now. They play a very physical style and pressure the ball. They have played one of the hardest schedules in the country and have an 18-3 record.

The Horns are killing the Big 12 with seven straight wins, all by double digits. This team could be hard to handle come tournament time.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Texas A&M was obviously overrated.

TrapperDapper
    TrapperDapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4721

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    nobody else in ncaa hoops is beating top 15 teams by 20 points twice
    texas has won their last 7 games (all their conference games) by double digits, nobody else is doing this

there is a heck of a lot bigger than 5% chance that texas is the national champ, they're almost a lock for a #1 seed with the easy schedule left

unless there's an injury texas will not be an underdog in any game the rest of the year, including the tournament
    My entire bankroll says Texas will be an underdog against Kansas next time around.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperDapper View Post
    My entire bankroll says Texas will be an underdog against Kansas next time around.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperDapper View Post
    and when is this imaginary game taking place?

if it were taking place in texas, then the longhorns would be 3 point favorites

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

and when is this imaginary game taking place? if it were taking place in texas, then the longhorns would be 3 point favorites
    conference tourny

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    conference tourny
    that's entirely possible, the way the post was written i thought he meant a rematch in the regular season

in kansas city i still would make texas the favorite at this point

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

that's entirely possible, the way the post was written i thought he meant a rematch in the regular season in kansas city i still would make texas the favorite at this point
    I will personally guarantee that Kansas will be the favorite.

Why? B/c its a revenge game.

Thats why Texas was only -1 yesterday, b/c its a revenge game. Texas would have been -4 had it not been for the revenge game.

milwaukee mike

how in the world can you personally guarantee that

they might not even play, and if they do you're telling me you GUARANTEE that tyshawn taylor/morrises won't be out with an injury

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

how in the world can you personally guarantee that they might not even play, and if they do you're telling me you GUARANTEE that tyshawn taylor/morrises won't be out with an injury
    We are dealing in hypothetical's.

So if they meet again, Kansas is favored.