ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

No such thing as a trap thread

from now on everyone post games in here that they think is a trap, but is exactly the opposite,

texas sure looks like a trap play... love when my plays are over at the half...

everyday post in here so everyone can win... sick of hearing people call its a trap game when its actually nothing more than vegas sleepin on the job,

other "Trap" games or events i heard this past week

both overs in all star games... how those unders turn out for every one???

seton hall yesterday heard people saying it was a "TRAP"

maryland???? nice trap there also

TRAPS- to catch mice, and to catch morons who thing they are "sharp" by picking shyt teams

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like UNC tomorrow. # 46 in field goal percentage defense verses #240 Boston College. Defense wins games like Texas tonight.

msaboo23
    msaboo23's Avatar Become A Pro!

bro i feel ya...i posted all day no such thing as a trap POUND texas they win by at least 10....

ebbearsfb1

a&m just lost to neb.,, neb. sucks, what the hell would make anyone thing a&m would win this game

brettley
    brettley's Avatar Become A Pro!

What about wash st, louisville, and st johns over the weekend? I think on paper, wash, uconn, and duke were all better teams.

I agree somewhat, but it goes to showyou just how difficult capping games consistently can be. Sometimes some teams mail it in (nba is notorious for this), sometimes the underdog gets up and over achieves, these are trap games.

You were on the right side tonight, congrats. But playing the clear favorite on paper (on the road) likely won't be profitable in the long run.

Good luck.

asdfghasdfgh
    asdfghasdfgh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

In this thread: hindsight bias.

How about BYU playing at the Pit coming off of a win against #4 SDSU? Duke at St Johns? Etc etc etc etc. It's always easy to pick winners after the game is over.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

no such thing as trap

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Quote Originally Posted by asdfghasdfgh View Post
    In this thread: hindsight bias.

How about BYU playing at the Pit coming off of a win against #4 SDSU? Duke at St Johns? Etc etc etc etc. It's always easy to pick winners after the game is over.
    I wouldn't say that's a trap. BYU has lousy defense (see UCLA game) and New Mexico got Drew Gordon eligible recently. Gordon went 7-11 from the field in that game. I expected New Mexico to win.

Here's another trap that isn't a trap: Kentucky @ Ole Miss. Ole Miss' defense is Auburn/LSU bad. How does that dirtbag Andy Kennedy still have a job?

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    from now on everyone post games in here that they think is a trap, but is exactly the opposite, texas sure looks like a trap play... love when my plays are over at the half... everyday post in here so everyone can win... sick of hearing people call its a trap game when its actually nothing more than vegas sleepin on the job, other "Trap" games or events i heard this past week both overs in all star games... how those unders turn out for every one??? seton hall yesterday heard people saying it was a "TRAP" maryland???? nice trap there also TRAPS- to catch mice, and to catch morons who thing they are "sharp" by picking shyt teams
    Don't listen to this guy people. HE IS A TRAP!

Seriously though, I think the Books are really smart as far as lines go. I definitely think they set lines trying to get the public on a certain side. The books don't always win but they're perfectly fine when they don't because when the public wins, it keeps them coming back for more.

The Magic were -1.5 against lowly Memphis tonight. The majority of the public were on the Magic because it looked like easy money. As it was, Memphis won the game and a lot of people lost money. I would say that "could" be classified as a trap.

I placed a small wager on Memphis just because of how odd the line looked and it worked out for me.

Another example of this occurred last week when Illinois was a slight favorite to a bad Indiana team and Indiana won straight up.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

this thread makes me laugh

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

This thread makes my face hurt

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Not sure how Vegas was sleeping at the job on Texas game......A and M was unbeaten at home..was ranked and in prior meeting beat Texas when they were home. Before you tell me how much you made etc...i can recall many games where better teams with more of a gap lost on road..Duke at Johnies. Glad you won though..GL

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

pointless thread. traps dont exist, they are fantasy for guys who dont understand spreads. the line was where it should have been a n m was a great home team coming off a loss on the weekend and in a big revenge spot last night. they got blasted but line pretty much stayed which is a good indication that the books made the juice on the game which is what they really want anyways.

ebbearsfb1

How is it a pointless thread? Maybe if u read ud see I'm saying the same exact thing as u. Nice pointless post

msaboo23
    msaboo23's Avatar Become A Pro!

first off, if you really watch the games and dont just follow records as i do...you would know that the pac-10 has so much parody that you would stay away from any game they are playing....pac-10 sucks period...I believe if you look at my post I was all over Indiana against Mich St....and I will take a Big East team against any other team any day of the week, including Duke. Anyone can win one game, but A&M beat absolutely no one, and got killed by the good teams...i agree home court is HUGE...look at Notre Dame, but you have to be able to see which team is playing well and which on paper has a better record(syracuse)....i do this for a living not for fun...and live quite well....gl either way..i hope everyone wins....