MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

The 11th place team in the Big East is taking apart Duke

How is that possible?

The Big East is scary deep.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Martin, I absolutely love it. Im a HUGE SEC guy but Big East hoops is by far my favorite to watch. I blindly backed St. Johns today no research just played it. Seemed too good to be true.

sportsfun
    sportsfun's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5163

st johh's is decent team at home. everyone that goes there in look for a dogfight.

Kustac
    Kustac's Avatar Become A Pro!

don't read too much into one game, no I'm not trying to support Duke here but basically the best team in the ACC lost to a below average Big East team in one game

keep in mind that the best team in the SEC has also gone to currently 2nd in the Big East Louisville and won by 15 (on the road) and also beat the Big East third place team Notre Dame on a neutral court by 14 ... if you just pick a few games here and there this would mean the SEC is very very close to the Big East

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by Kustac View Post
    don't read too much into one game, no I'm not trying to support Duke here but basically the best team in the ACC lost to a below average Big East team in one game keep in mind that the best team in the SEC has also gone to currently 2nd in the Big East Louisville and won by 15 (on the road) and also beat the Big East third place team Notre Dame on a neutral court by 14 ... if you just pick a few games here and there this would mean the SEC is very very close to the Big East
    I was not aware that Bama beat Louisville or Notre Dame

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

lol at scary deep. Half the big east teams will be out after the 1st or 2nd round game

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    lol at scary deep. Half the big east teams will be out after the 1st or 2nd round game
    So, in other words, the Big East would have 5 teams in the Sweet 16?

Did you just have a lobotomy as you typed that?

Lunardi, Jerry Palm-----name your tourney guru and they are projecting 10 BE teams to the Tourney.

I'm curious. What conference is better than the Big East in hoops?

Kustac

Quote Originally Posted by jwbama23 View Post
    I was not aware that Bama beat Louisville or Notre Dame
    if you really believe Bama is the best of the SEC I'd strongly advise you not to bet college basketball you will be out lots of money as your judgement is lacking

if you want to look at one game this season (I assume your a Bama fan) how about Alabama vs. St. Peter's Peacocks (this is their real name according to ESPN) on a neutral floor: St. Peter's Peacocks 50 Alabama 49 close one better luck next time

Alabama is a good 13-7 team but your home team there doesn't compare to 16-5 Florida, 16-4 Kentucky, 15-5 Vandy, 14-6 Arkansas, and right now the way 14-7 Tenn is playing they would run Alabama off the court also NOT to even mention almost all those teams have played a tougher schedule than Alabama and still have a better record

Try not to be so biased when it comes to your home team and act like its fact

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

#1 I was joking. I do not think Bama is the best in the SEC
    However they do have the best record in the SEC(in conference) and did beat UK although it was at home.

dont get your panties in a wad

Kustac

#1 I was joking. I do not think Bama is the best in the SEC However they do have the best record in the SEC(in conference) and did beat UK although it was at home. dont get your panties in a wad
    lost on the facts, now trying to criticize me because you couldn't win the arguement you were making, yeah that's impressive

hey bama fan lets see how consistent your arguements are, how would you rank these three football teams from this past football season: Alabama, LSU, South Carolina

I have a pretty good idea who the best one was, what do you say

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Not sure how Lavin does it...but dude can get the most out of players other coaches couldn't budge

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

LOL, you have to be kidding me right? I made a comment about Bama's basketball team being the best because right now they do lead the conference. I by no means was coming in here to start some stupid internet argument. Where did I criticize you? Lighten up pal its the internet. If you are looking for an argument go somewhere else you wont get it here with me. Ive actually got a life outside of SBR and have more important things to do than sit here read your stupid posts.

Bye now

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Duke sucks. They caused a forum owner to kill himself with their pathetic play in last year's final.

Kustac

LOL, you have to be kidding me right? I made a comment about Bama's basketball team being the best because right now they do lead the conference. I by no means was coming in here to start some stupid internet argument. Where did I criticize you? Lighten up pal its the internet. If you are looking for an argument go somewhere else you wont get it here with me. Ive actually got a life outside of SBR and have more important things to do than sit here read your stupid posts. Bye now
    yeap using your basketball logic only, you would of had to rank Alabama last of the three, which you couldn't do

made my point for me, thanks man

and as you nicely put it: "dont get your panties in a wad"

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

Ok tough guy.....you won.

Kustac

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    So, in other words, the Big East would have 5 teams in the Sweet 16? Did you just have a lobotomy as you typed that? Lunardi, Jerry Palm-----name your tourney guru and they are projecting 10 BE teams to the Tourney. I'm curious. What conference is better than the Big East in hoops?
    I'll answer that: no conference
    also sorry to clog up your thread getting the Bama guy back to reality

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

I'll answer that: no conference
    also sorry to clog up your thread getting the Bama guy back to reality
    LOL

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

doooooook really choked today and figures i had em.....lots of lines this week were sucker bets as they seemed WAAAAY to easy to pass up and even with knowing this still played em and got hurt by em.......gotta stay away or play the opposite on those "seems to be good to be true" as they ALWAYS BUST YA

5ammy
    5ammy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Duke sucks. That's your answer.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Duke was a sh1tshow about this same time last year...keep that in mind.

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big East is tough

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

The Big east has 18 teams in it thats a lot

6-8 will make the ncaa tourney

maybe 1 or 2 make it out of the 1rst round

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    The Big east has 18 teams in it thats a lot

6-8 will make the ncaa tourney

maybe 1 or 2 make it out of the 1rst round

10-12 will make it. I don't see 8-9 or more big east teams getting knocked off in the first round

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

if you really believe Bama is the best of the SEC I'd strongly advise you not to bet college basketball you will be out lots of money as your judgement is lacking if you want to look at one game this season (I assume your a Bama fan) how about Alabama vs. St. Peter's Peacocks (this is their real name according to ESPN) on a neutral floor: St. Peter's Peacocks 50 Alabama 49 close one better luck next time Alabama is a good 13-7 team but your home team there doesn't compare to 16-5 Florida, 16-4 Kentucky, 15-5 Vandy, 14-6 Arkansas, and right now the way 14-7 Tenn is playing they would run Alabama off the court also NOT to even mention almost all those teams have played a tougher schedule than Alabama and still have a better record Try not to be so biased when it comes to your home team and act like its fact
    Where did this expert go? Hopefully he is not betting college basketball or else he is probably losing his azz daily.

Kustac

Where did this expert go? Hopefully he is not betting college basketball or else he is probably losing his azz daily.
    after losing your previous arguement you ran off saying you didn't have time to argue on SBR/you have a life (remember those comments a few posts up)

Bama puts up 17 the entire second half and barely hangs on and now your back trying to say you were right, lets remember you began all this saying bama was the best of the SEC

hate to break it to you but bama still isn't anywhere near being considered the best in the SEC and God help us if bama should knock off Florida, I'm sure you'll be back here to proclaim that its a three way race for the title between Ohio St., Duke, bama, get real man

since your wanting to argue again go ahead and answer the question that shut you up for good last time: using your same logic tell us how you would rank these three football teams from this past football season: Alabama, South Carolina, LSU
    go ahead bama fan tell us, was bama the worst of the three, because if we use your basketball arguement we would have to rank bama last of the three, lets see if you have the guts to answer it this time either be a hypocrite or rank bama third

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

This guy

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

I just wanted to point out that your argument about Bama went to flames the next week. Did they start off the season good? NOPE. Right now are they the hottest team in the SEC...YEP.

And with your dumbass football argument I will tell you what I told everyone else. Talent wise they were the best in the SEC, but thats just one part of a team. You have to show up to play 4 qtrs and they did it only once. So I would say LSU and South Carolina showed up making them a better all around team this year. Kustac....go drink a beer and relax. Its super bowl sunday

Kustac

I just wanted to point out that your argument about Bama went to flames the next week. Did they start off the season good? NOPE. Right now are they the hottest team in the SEC...YEP. And with your dumbass football argument I will tell you what I told everyone else. Talent wise they were the best in the SEC, but thats just one part of a team. You have to show up to play 4 qtrs and they did it only once. So I would say LSU and South Carolina showed up making them a better all around team this year. Kustac....go drink a beer and relax. Its super bowl sunday
    bama: if your willing to apply your same logic to football and put your home team bama as "a lesser team than LSU and S. Car this year" I have much more respect for your arguement though I still don't agree with you, you appear to give much more weight to individual regular season games than I (just a difference of opinion in how to evaluate who's the "best" team)

myself not being biased to any one team would have ranked 1. Alabama (the best team) 2.LSU 3. S Car

using that same logic in basketball I still rank bama behind Florida, Kentucky and right there in the same quality level as Vandy, Georgia, Tenn (Dick V. and the other guy put bama fifth/sixth even with Georgia in their rank of the SEC teams during the FL game last night) but I can see how someone who weights the individual games more and ranked Alabama as the bottom of those three football teams could also make the same arguement that bama is the top of the basketball teams, I just have different opinion

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

bama: if your willing to apply your same logic to football and put your home team bama as "a lesser team than LSU and S. Car this year" I have much more respect for your arguement though I still don't agree with you, you appear to give much more weight to individual regular season games than I (just a difference of opinion in how to evaluate who's the "best" team) myself not being biased to any one team would have ranked 1. Alabama (the best team) 2.LSU 3. S Car using that same logic in basketball I still rank bama behind Florida, Kentucky and right there in the same quality level as Vandy, Georgia, Tenn (Dick V. and the other guy put bama fifth/sixth even with Georgia in their rank of the SEC teams during the FL game last night) but I can see how someone who weights the individual games more and ranked Alabama as the bottom of those three football teams could also make the same arguement that bama is the top of the basketball teams, I just have different opinion
    I say I base it on who is getting W's. Bama's basketball isnt flashy but to original point ....right now this very minute....Bama is the best in the SEC. They have the best record and have some nice W's. Beating UK and UT and UT are both very nice wins that have eluded Bama over recent years. Do I think Bama wins the SEC? I have no effing idea. But Grant has these boys playing some good basketball and good D. Ill take a team with a good D and run with them all day long.

Kustac

I say I base it on who is getting W's. Bama's basketball isnt flashy but to original point ....right now this very minute....Bama is the best in the SEC. They have the best record and have some nice W's. Beating UK and UT and UT are both very nice wins that have eluded Bama over recent years. Do I think Bama wins the SEC? I have no effing idea. But Grant has these boys playing some good basketball and good D. Ill take a team with a good D and run with them all day long.
    I get your point, I just don't happen to agree which is fine, like I would have never agreed that S. Car or LSU was better than Bama at any point during football even after the second loss

I think we're past the arguement so I want to see if I'm understanding you correctly (not interested in debating), if Alabama and FL played 3 days from now in an empty gym neutral court (no outside factors crowd, rest, location etc) and you had to place $5000 on one side who would you take? I'd take FL Same question for but Bama vs Kentucky? I'd take Kentucky Is your answer Bama for both? Tenn? Vandy? I might flip a coin on these two but I'd probably go Vandy for sure maybe even Tenn.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

I dont think that talent SC or LSU were close to Bama but again good teams show up and play and last season Bama didnt. Im not a oh Bama this or Bama that type fan. If anything im a pessimistic fan because I have felt the big let downs.

Bama and UF neutral court.......gun to my head.......I couldnt choose. I like the way Bama is playing and right now they are the #1 team in the SEC and I will hold on to that for as long as it lasts

Kustac

I dont think that talent SC or LSU were close to Bama but again good teams show up and play and last season Bama didnt. Im not a oh Bama this or Bama that type fan. If anything im a pessimistic fan because I have felt the big let downs. Bama and UF neutral court.......gun to my head.......I couldnt choose. I like the way Bama is playing and right now they are the #1 team in the SEC and I will hold on to that for as long as it lasts
    in your opinion unless your talking about conference record alone I don't think many people who follow SEC basketball would agree with you beyond saying sure they have best record (keeping in mind they play in the much weaker SEC west) Away from what most people consider the 5 other top teams in the SEC

But I would agree with you Bama is currently undervalued, I mean when they dicussed SEC teams in the tournament the "experts" keep saying UK, FL, Vandy, TN only four in ... hopefully that will change this week but don't count on it I bet bama still gets called one of the "borderline in out teams"

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

in your opinion unless your talking about conference record alone I don't think many people who follow SEC basketball would agree with you beyond saying sure they have best record (keeping in mind they play in the much weaker SEC west) Away from what most people consider the 5 other top teams in the SEC But I would agree with you Bama is currently undervalued, I mean when they dicussed SEC teams in the tournament the "experts" keep saying UK, FL, Vandy, TN only four in ... hopefully that will change this week but don't count on it I bet bama still gets called one of the "borderline in out teams"
    well they have beat half the east already too

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    I'm curious. What conference is better than the Big East in hoops?
    Western Conference. I like OKC to come out of the West.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

We all settled down now that they got handled by UCLA?
    Last edited by Jonah; 02-07-11 at 02:26 AM.

12 Last