utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

Florida at UGA

Tonight is an important matchup in the SEC East in Athens. The Bulldogs and Gators face off at 7 PM on ESPN. The Bulldogs have an opportunity to knock off the Gators from the top spot in the SEC East. Here is a breakdown of the key contributors for each squad.

Florida

Vernon Macklin (6-10 SR) - A dependable man in the middle and loves to play with his back to the basket down low. Struggles from the free throw line shooting less than 50%

Alex Tyus (6-8 SR) - Once was the proud owner of the worst hairstyle in the SEC with his receding hairline dreadlocks. His production has decreased this year but is still a solid contributor with his mid range game and helps in the rebounding department.

Chandler Parsons (6-9 SR) - A matchup nightmare for UGA in this game in that they have nobody of substantial length that will play perimeter defense on the rangy Parsons. Parsons shoots the 3 at a 37% clip and is the teams leading rebounder.

Kenny Boyton (6-2 SO) - 2009 McDonalds All American who has the ability to shoot the Gators in or out of any game they play. Struggled shooting the three this year, especially away from home (26%).

Erving Walker (5-8 JR) - The sparkplug of the offense, the speedy Walker is the primary ball handler and the leading scorer for the Gators. Shoots extremely well from 3 but has a tendency to play a little fast and turn the ball over (assist to turnover ratio of 1.15)

Bench - The bench is comprised mainly of Freshmen and Sophomores who contribute little to the offense but provide a good amount of size in Erik Walker and Patric Young

UGA

Trey Thompkins (6-9 JR) - An NBA prospect who averages 17 PPG and was preseason SEC Player of the Year. Pretty good stroke from the line (70%) which is important because I think this will be a physical game.

Jeremy Price/Chris Barnes (6-8 SR's) - Both are pretty much the same player and they split time. Neither of which are threats to score the basketball. Pretty much used as rebounders and extra beef down low.

Travis Leslie (6-4 JR) - The most explosive athlete in college basketball. He has one of the better FG %'s in the SEC mainly due to the fact he is most of the time throwing one down. He attacks the basket and shoots 80% from the line. Sometimes can become a liability on defense due to his lack of size when playing longer wing players.

Gerald Robinson (6-1 JR) - A transfer from Tennessee St. who is definitely SEC caliber from day 1. Has been a great scorer since league play has began averaging 18 points per. Also has improved from 3 in SEC play (9-17 53%).

Dustin Ware (5-11 JR) - Ware is relatively quiet when it comes to scoring the basketball, but is a good distributor of the rock with a 4:1 assist to turnover ratio. Will drop the occasional three but mainly leaves the scoring to Thompkins, Leslie and Robinson.

Bench - Similar to Florida in that there isnt much spark coming from the bench. Barnes is logging the most minutes when giving the bigs a spell.

After taking all that into account I think this is a huge spot for UGA to come out on national TV and impress. I believe it will be a physical game and both teams looking to get to the free throw line. UGA shoots it at a little better rate overall and their main contributors are all at or above 70% unlike UF with Parsons and Macklin swimming around 54% and below. A close game I see home court and free throws being the difference, I'll take UGA ML.

Gators 67 - Bulldogs 70

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Ill like Georgia in this spot also.
    Georgia is going to be be a lot more physical in the paint then Florida

jimmyg2727
    jimmyg2727's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Nice info...I like Florida to cover the spread and possible win outright tonight...

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

thompkins and leslie are really serious players for the bulldogs. But if macklin stays out of foul trouble and parsons' shot is not off, i think the gators win this game. handily. (by maybe 8,9 points)

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

Gators +3 here....

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Leaning Georgia.

steve18
    steve18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

Florida has been playing well lately. This is their game to win. They are 2-0 on the road in the SEC already. Florida is tired of losing at Georgia. They get it done tonight.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32267

Gators in a nail biter.
    69-66

gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

i think georgia wins this one at home, florida is too inconsistent for me

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

nice write up moody

BOL

Stick23
    Foxy
    Stick23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Nice Job man! I'm going Georgia here, got the line earlier at -2.5!

smarsh816
    smarsh816's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

i like the bulldogs here at home there legit

Central07
    Central07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Like VR, I think UGA comes away a winner here

jimmyg2727
    jimmyg2727's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyg2727 View Post
    Nice info...I like Florida to cover the spread and possible win outright tonight...

Florida wins outright !!!

tylerguy02
    tylerguy02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

I'm taking a break until the SB from wagering because of this horseshit game. Idiots were probably trying to beat the spread and allowed that 3 ball from Walker.

utmoody10

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyg2727 View Post
    Florida wins outright !!!
    Never a doubt, right? Thats the way things have been going for me in NCAAB, of course I tailed ArlonSports on Toledo tonight and lost that by one point. Im awesome for fade material right now.

utmoody10

Quote Originally Posted by utmoody10 View Post
    Erving Walker (5-8 JR) - The sparkplug of the offense, the speedy Walker is the primary ball handler and the leading scorer for the Gators. Shoots extremely well from 3 but has a tendency to play a little fast and turn the ball over (assist to turnover ratio of 1.15)