powerhouse
    powerhouse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Powerhouse One Play a Day

Hi guys! Been reading the Forum and playing a long time. Figured it is only Fair if I start contributing. I rarely ever have more than one play a day, and even more rare to ever have more than one play going at a time. Often I am handicapping late such as tonight, and my plays are sometimes not distributed until I am finished and make a play. My write ups are usually not long as I am usually spent after several hours of evaluating information. Tonight I see a value in STANFORD +7 at USC. The Cardinal have been playing solid ball as late with a recent 5 game run where they were 4-1 and 5-0 ATS, including a win against a solid Washington club. USC has lost 3 of it's last 5 and it's last two on a road trip to Oregon where those two teams were a combined 4-8 in conference and 16-19 overall. The scoring of Jeremy Green and Josh Owens should counter Nikola Vucevic and Stanford averages about 4 more rebounds than the Trojans do. Both clubs will score in the 58-64 point range and I feel the +7 is value worth taking with the Cardinal. Good Luck !

powerhouse
    Released Plays 0-0 ATS

powerhouse

WOW!...I make no excuses for last night. Totally a wrong call on my part. We will recover and find a good play for Saturday since there are no value plays for Friday. I still can't believe Stanford shoots 22% from the field for the game, the lowest percentage total since the shot clock started being used. Unbelievable, and we move on. Check in Saturday.

powerhouse
    Released Plays 0-1 ATS
    Last edited by powerhouse; 01-22-11 at 07:01 AM.

oakas
    oakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17772

Very weird game

powerhouse

Good Morning Players! After carefull evaluation, I see a value play in taking Columbia +4, against Cornell today. Last Saturday Colombia defeated Cornell by 4 points and today they are getting 4 points. Home floor is certainly not worth 8 points to a 4-11 team who is 2-3 at home and shooting only 44% from the field and a dismal 58% from the charity stripe. Colombia is shooting 47% from the field and a very good 84% from the foul line. Colombia also has out rebounded Cornell by about 100 rebounds this season. Colombia is 71st in the nation in scoring and 56th in rebounding while Cornell is 253rd in scoring and 304th in rebounding. Colombia led this game last week by 14 at the half and should do so again today. I favor the underdog here! Go Colombia Lions +4.

powerhouse
    Released Plays 0-1 ATS

mart59a
    mart59a's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13553

Love the Columbia play as well.

powerhouse

Hi Guys. Sorry we did not have a play for Sunday, but the card just did not offer anything solid. We are coming off of a BIG win on Saturday with Columbia a straight up Winner as an underdog to Cornell. I have looked long and hard at todays card and feel I have spotted a winner! I like Hofstra -2 over James Madison tonight. Madison has lost 2 straight games after winning 9 in a row while Hofstra has won 8 of 10 with losses to Old Dominion and @ Iona. With Charles Jenkins scoring at a 23 PPG clip, points should come in a bundle for the PRIDE tonight. Hofstra is a better Free Throw shooting team, which is one of the factors i always look for. JM has out rebounded Hofstra by about 100 this year, but outside of that Hofstra matches up well with them. Take Hofstra tonight with Pride!!

powerhouse
    Released Plays 1-1 ATS

powerhouse

Sorry about not having one for Tuesday guys. We pushed with Hofstra on Monday but feel like we have found a winner for today. I like Towson +19 today against George Mason. Towson scores quality points and I just feel like 19 is way too many to give the Tigers. Mason has more turnovers this season and the Tigers are a better free throw shooting team. Take the points in a game that should see Towson stay within the number. Good Luck tonight to all !!

powerhouse
    Released Plays 1-1-1 ATS

powerhouse

The Towson / George Mason game has moved to tommorrow at 4:00 ET. I am still recomending a play on Towson and will be back tommorrow evening with another play. Good Luck tonight !

powerhouse
    Released Plays 1-1-1 ATS

powerhouse

Tonight I see a value play in Central Michigan -2 over Miami (Ohio). The Chippewas are not as bad as their record and should take Miami tonight in a big conference match up. Short on time for write up but Central Michigan is the play. Good Luck !

powerhouse
    Released Plays 1-2-1 ATS

powerhouse

Let me say it first. I am in a rut ! BIG TIME. But rest assured, I will recover. Hard work is tuff, But Hard workers are tougher! And thats me! We are going to right the ship on Friday with a Big Play on the Yale Bulldogs +5 points ! Yale is at the top of the IVY League standings at 2-0 while this is the conference opener for Penn. Yale has won 4 in a row and Penn has lost 4 of it's last 5! The win came against a 5 win St. Josephs club that is really weak this year. Yale grabs seven more rebounds per game than the Quakers do and also makes a higher percentage of it's free Throws. Both teams turn the ball over about 14 times per game with Yale averaging about 5 more points per game than Penn. Yale is 4-4 on the road with a quality win at Boston College while Penn's biggest win was at Home against 8-12 Davidson back in November. Things drop off for Penn after Rosen and Eggleston, and I just cant see the Bulldogs being out of this one, especially getting the +5 points. Go YALE +5 against Penn on Friday !! Good Luck all !!

powerhouse
    Released Plays 1-3-1 ATS

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

stay tuff man , gl.

powerhouse

Thanks for the Support sweethook ! Enjoy the win on Yale tonight !

powerhouse

bh9889
    bh9889's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 449

I dont know whats happening with Yale right now...

powerhouse

Afternoon Guys! I am getting my butt whipped like a Tied Up Billy Goat ! But I will prevail as they WILL NOT break my Spirit. Tonight we are going with Jacksonville ST. +6 against Eastern Illinois. Jacksonville State has been playing better as of late and are a better 3-point shooting team that is always in games with teams who do a good job on defense. Take the Gamecocks with confidence in this Ohio Valley contest. Jacksonville ST. +6 is the Play.

powerhouse
    Released Plays 1-4-1 ATS

powerhouse

Good Morning Guys! Great win for us on Jacksonville St. last night as they won straight up by 10 while getting +6 points. On to today and another winner. I see value against a road favorite today which is Loyola Maryland +4.5 at home against Iona. Iona trashed Loyola (Md) three weeks ago, but since then Loyola has won 4 of 5 with quality wins against Fairfield and at St. Peters. When Loyola plays defense, it hangs around and is often in it at the end (within a possession) or wins it straight up! Look for the Greyhounds to hamper the Gaels offense today and keep this one within reach of a home team Victory! Go Loyola (Md) Greyhounds +4.5 today and lets get our record closer to the positive side. Good Luck !

powerhouse
    Released Plays 2-4-1 ATS

'Motivation is simple.. You eliminate those who are not motivated.'
    Last edited by powerhouse; 01-30-11 at 11:12 AM.

Vince Lombardi
    Vince Lombardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19401

Quote Originally Posted by powerhouse View Post
    Good Morning Guys! Great win for us on Jacksonville St. last night as they won straight up by 10 while getting +6 points. On to today and another winner. I see value against a road favorite today which is Loyola Maryland +4.5 at home against Iona. Iona trashed Loyola (Md) three weeks ago, but since then Loyola has won 4 of 5 with quality wins against Fairfield and at St. Peters. When Loyola plays defense, it hangs around and is often in it at the end (within a possession) or wins it straight up! Look for the Greyhounds to hamper the Gaels offense today and keep this one within reach of a home team Victory! Go Loyola (Md) Greyhounds +4.5 today and lets get our record closer to the positive side. Good Luck ! powerhouse Released Plays 2-4-1 ATS
    Loyola has 2nd leading scorer out with injury.

powerhouse

Thanks Vince, as of halftime I am checking in and we are up by 5. Hope we keep it up. I knew about it but the deciding factor was that Loyola has 7 players that score betwee 8.5 and 11 PPG. Very balanced ! Losing one of them is not like losing a dominant scorer. keep up the good work and info sharing as it is greatly appreciated.

powerhouse

asian.executive
    asian.executive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

GL

powerhouse

GREAT BIG win for us this morning on Loyola (MD)! That makes two underdogs in a row to win straight up. I have spotted another play I like today and we are going to take Northern Iowa +7 points against Missouri ST. These two teams match up evenly against each other and one thing I do not like is that Missouri St. scores 85% of it's offense from only 5 players. I like more diversity in my teams because if 1 player is off you lose 16% of your starting scorers. Missouri St. won earlier this year by 1 point over Northern Iowa and I look for the same effort from the Panthers tonight! Go Northern Iowa +7 tonight! Good Luck!

powerhouse
    Released Plays 3-4-1 ATS

'Show me a good and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.'

Mike the Greek
    Mike the Greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well thought out, Powerhouse..GL tonite...let's get a streak going............

asian.executive
    asian.executive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by powerhouse View Post
    GREAT BIG win for us this morning on Loyola (MD)! That makes two underdogs in a row to win straight up. I have spotted another play I like today and we are going to take Northern Iowa +7 points against Missouri ST. These two teams match up evenly against each other and one thing I do not like is that Missouri St. scores 85% of it's offense from only 5 players. I like more diversity in my teams because if 1 player is off you lose 16% of your starting scorers. Missouri St. won earlier this year by 1 point over Northern Iowa and I look for the same effort from the Panthers tonight! Go Northern Iowa +7 tonight! Good Luck!

powerhouse
    Released Plays 3-4-1 ATS

'Show me a good and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.'
    I picked them too in my "3-0" post. Lets get em!

powerhouse

Sorry Guys, just could not find a value play for today! After one week I have raised my record of released games to 4-4-1 ATS with a three game win streak, and all four winners have been underdogs that won the game straight up. I really don't like playing favorites as it is hard enough to explain a loss, let alone trying to explain a team that you give out as a favorite that doesn't even manage to win the game! I see some value in the Tuesday card so check back tommorrow and let's keep the streak going!

powerhouse
    Released Plays 4-4-1 ATS

Hard work is tuff, But Hard workers are tougher!

AMcBoarder
    AMcBoarder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Good stuff Pow. Interesting read. Looking forward to tomorrow.

sweethook

gl man
    Points Awarded:

Vaioice gave sweethook 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Vaioice
    Update your status
    Vaioice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

i meant to transfer points to my sportsboook. gave them by accident.
    Points Awarded:

dlightner gave Vaioice 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

sweethook gave Vaioice 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

sweethook

i gave back , gl. man

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i just wanted to use this icon
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: WestyBONE

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Bahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    i just wanted to use this icon

Well, satisfied?!

powerhouse

We are back tonight with what I see as a value play to help continue the win streak. The streak is at 3 wins and while at 4-4-1 on released plays, all 4 winners have been straight up underdogs with three of them on the road. Tonight I like Marshall -2.5 against Houston. Another team that matches up very well with the Cougars who shoot slightly better from 3-point range but are no match with Marshall at rebounding. The Herd has 811 rebounds for 38th in the nation while Houston has only 707 good for only 164th in the nation. I like this stat! Marshall averages 39 rebounds a game and nobody gets more than 7.4 rpg. That's what I call 'Whole Team Hustle'. Houston averages 35 rpg but McNeil collects 23% of those. Marshall also has 4 players scoring at least 10ppg and 2 are over 15ppg. I do like DIVERSITY! Unless Houston blows up from 3 point range, the Herd will be in this one and may Steal another Victory! Go with the Marshall Thundering Herd -2.5 tonight and Good Luck!!

powerhouse
    Released Plays 4-4-1 ATS

'You can learn more character at the Free Throw line than anywhere else in life.'
    Last edited by powerhouse; 02-01-11 at 05:02 PM.

kbm222
    kbm222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Marshall is favored. Marshall is -2.5. Houston covers btw.
    Points Awarded:

16johnnymac gave kbm222 50 SBR Point(s) for this post.

16johnnymac
    16johnnymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

Finally u owe me too much of my time I pay my debts

powerhouse

I am back tonight after taking off Tuesday night. Last night 30 underdogs covered while only 14 favorites covered. Sure hope everyone was on the dogs. Tonight I see a game I like. I don't often take favorites, but I see some clear advantages here. I like Austin Peay -15 at home against Tennessee-Martin. Peay beat Martin at Martin by 10 on January 10th and now catch them at home. Martin on the year has 252 assists and 364 turnovers, a huge NO-NO. Martin also averages 70 ppg but 4 players account for 47 of those points. I like a little more diversity in my scoring. PEAY ranks significantly higher in almost every good statistical category than Martin and should bring home an easy winner. Go Austin Peay Governors -15 tonight and bring home the bacon. Good Luck All !!

powerhouse
    Released Plays 4-5-1 ATS

powerhouse

Great WIN for us last night on the Governors of Austin Peay who left no doubt who was the better team. Today is a light card but I do see a value play in COLUMBIA LIONS -1.5 against the Brown Bears. The Bears are struggling like a Buick, and are only 4-10 since November 24th., and yet to win an Ivy League contest. Columbia meanwhile is 11-3 over that period and is in contention in the Ivy with a 3-1 mark. Columbia gets to the Free throw line more often than Brown and outranks them significantly in rebounding, PPG, and FG percentage. Brown will put up more 3's than the Lions, as they have shot 64 more times but made only 8 more than Columbia. I only see this one way! Go COLUMBIA LIONS -1.5 tonight and start Saturday off with a Friday Night Party. Good Luck all !!

powerhouse
    Released Plays 5-5-1 ATS
    Last edited by powerhouse; 02-04-11 at 06:27 PM.

SamWise
    Bet with your Head, not with your Heart
    SamWise's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck

powerhouse

Well guys, it's tough to get a streak going. Gave up 55 2nd half points last night to Brown to lose so we must start it today! Today I see a winner with Wofford -5 against The Citadel. No disrespect to soldiers, but Wofford beat them by 18 earlier this season. The Terriers out play Citadel in nearly every category except rebounding, however Citadel's assist to turnover ratio is what will do them in. In the last matchup, Wofford forced 16 turnovers, 19 fouls, and held Citadel to <38% shooting from the field, all while getting out rebounded by 7.
    Back this up again and the Bulldogs are in for a long night. Wofford has won 6 of 7 as of late and my motto is, Beat the Teams You are Supposed to Beat !! Go Wofford Terriers -5 tonight.

powerhouse
    Released Plays 5-6-1 ATS

12 Last