TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Kansas State

I think its a real possibility that Martin is losing his team. Judging from recent quotes and reactions from players, I think this team is liable to lay over and die. Anybody agree?

chiliv5
    chiliv5's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is sickining to watch. 24 turnovers. they are lost. totally lost.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Well, consider that Martin only got the job because the school was desperate for Bill Walker and Michael Beasley not to transfer. Other than that people said they were insane to give the job to a high school coach. I really don't understand why everyone put so much stock in what was pretty obviously a rebuilding team with no Sutton and no Clemente. I mean I respect Jacob Pullen as much as the next guy, but this team had no business being ranked in the top 5 and picked to finish ahead of Kansas. Its like people were just sick of picking Kansas to win the Big XII but really there is no alternative.

Rick22
    Rick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

I have said for quite awhile that they lack discipline - now I'm beginning to understand why.

Tom Rodgers
    Tom Rodgers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Kstate isn't down and out yet. However, they've been playing sloppy lately. They've got a great coach and good players. 1-3 isn't where I saw them starting off in the Big 12, but then again it's KState we're talking about, not a basketball dynasty. The Wildcats had a great season last year and I pulled for them every step of the way. Its not March yet so I'm not worried, but I won't be betting on an inconsistant team.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

They can play at home but have not shown the same pose away.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I had them lower then most at the start of the year because they lost a solid PG in Denis Clemente but I thought by conference play they would be fine. I still see nobody capable of being a solid PG from K State. They have all the other pieces IMO

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

i would not want any part of Frank Martin's practice tomorrow. and i agree that it probably doesn't matter what he does, it looks as if he's lost this team.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

K-State overachieved last year when they had Clemente. Martin got just about every drop of effort out of that team.

This year they really miss Clemente and the team just seems beaten down. You can only get so much out of the team. They're not as good as they were last year. They still might be a tournament team but they definitely aren't the top 15 team everyone projected them to be at the beginning of the year.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10452

yes its over for them

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Martin's an old-school hothead. When you're winning, that can work. It strikes fear in players, but they see the results. When you're losing, you start tuning him out and that kind of demeanor backfires. I think we're seeing that now.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

GOOD EYE TPOWELL----Well ahead of the curve

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

i agree ... its a domino effect on both sides. when your winning everything is good and losing things get ugly quickly

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    Well, consider that Martin only got the job because the school was desperate for Bill Walker and Michael Beasley not to transfer. Other than that people said they were insane to give the job to a high school coach. I really don't understand why everyone put so much stock in what was pretty obviously a rebuilding team with no Sutton and no Clemente. I mean I respect Jacob Pullen as much as the next guy, but this team had no business being ranked in the top 5 and picked to finish ahead of Kansas. Its like people were just sick of picking Kansas to win the Big XII but really there is no alternative.
    God I remember that Sh!tstorm. Huggins ditched two of the best collegiate players in the country to go be useless somewhere else, and they needed a disciplinarian. The fact that he was so successful up until this point is kind of surprising to me, as you mentioned they don't really have that same 1-2 punch they usually do..

Broken-Ear Glen
    Broken-Ear Glen's Avatar Become A Pro!

So glad to see Pullen struggle...as overrated as they come.

slim dog
    slim dog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7766

I wouldn't say they are done. I didn't expect them to win at mizz even before the year started. Not many teams go to Mizz and come out with a win. They did get it within 2 or 3 with 8 min left. This team lacks good leaders. The seniors have not been good examples. This is the second younges team in the big 12. The top part of their league schedule is tough as nails. Next games are @ Texas am, Baylor, and @ Ku. 2-2 would be a blessing right now. I will be looking at some spots to play this team later. I think people will be jumping off the bandwagon, if not already, and that's when I will jump on. As far as playing on the road, they have not sucked the last year and a half as someone stated. IMO Baylor is way more overrated then this ksu team. Also remember that this team has only lost a few games this year with both pullen and Kelley.