View Poll Results: The winner of what game goes on to win it all?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • UCLA - LSU

13 59.09%
  • Florida - George Mason

9 40.91%
    Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who wins NCAA?

Explanations appreciated.

Another question:
    Why is Florida an early 5 point favorite?
    Public still thinks George Mason is a fluke?
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 03-26-06 at 10:11 PM.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just put 4 units on LSU/UCLA wins championship -109 at 5dimes. That's just too easy. Plus, I'll be able to get off some of it if I want.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I am not mistaken Florida has a perfect ats record in this tournament. I think the UCLA/LSU winner takes home the title.

bama06
    bama06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Champs

Nobody Is Beating Florida Period!!!!!!!!!

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

I took Florida +165 to win it all. If they beat GM they will most likely be favored vs UCLA/LSU winner. Now I don't have to lay any points the rest of the way.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think Thomas from LSU is an amazing player that can change a game.
    He is amazing!!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Just put 4 units on LSU/UCLA wins championship -109 at 5dimes. That's just too easy. Plus, I'll be able to get off some of it if I want.

i agree razz, that just seems way to easy to me too. the talent level is way too strong between those two teams to overlook.

bostonceltics13
    bostonceltics13's Avatar Become A Pro!

LSU over Florida in the Finals. LSU has shown me something vs. Duke and Texas. UCLA had an easier draw. LSU playing well over UCLA. Goerge Mason is a storybook club. I love thier energy. On the big stage now, they'll get nervous. Florida players have most likely been through similar situations with state high school tourney and summer camps in front of recruits. Florida is too big inside. It's not that I don't believe GM is underrated, but Florida creates problems for them.
    LSU will handle the size of Florida much better than GM and score a lot of points from the line. Tough fought game, LSU wins it all.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bostonceltics13
    LSU over Florida in the Finals. LSU has shown me something vs. Duke and Texas. UCLA had an easier draw. LSU playing well over UCLA. Goerge Mason is a storybook club. I love thier energy. On the big stage now, they'll get nervous. Florida players have most likely been through similar situations with state high school tourney and summer camps in front of recruits. Florida is too big inside. It's not that I don't believe GM is underrated, but Florida creates problems for them.
    LSU will handle the size of Florida much better than GM and score a lot of points from the line. Tough fought game, LSU wins it all.
    Nice analysis, and if I had to say who beats who in the national championship, I would say LSU beats Florida, BUT...

That same argument about Florida being too strong inside for Mason was exactly what was said about North Carolina/Mason and UCONN/Mason. The fact is that GM is pretty solid inside, and their rebounding numbers attest to it. Both teams are 4-0 SU and ATS in the tournament, but Florida did it against the following seeds - 14, 11, 7, 1
    Mason did it against the following seeds - 6, 3, 7, 1.
    I'm not saying Mason is the better team, just that they aren't overmatched here, and they have proven their mettle, especially inside.

Curse Fire
    SBR COWBOYS!!!
    Curse Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mason have been on a nice run but it will
    end this Saturday against Florida. LSU
    will win the final in all SEC champoinship.

mlwitchking
    mlwitchking's Avatar Become A Pro!

LSU to win it all. I think George Mason is a good bet if it gets to +7 or +300.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I voted GM/FL. It's really a toss up, IMO, and I don't see GM/FL being favorite in the championship game, but I think they are more balanced and disciplined, having more energy or 'it' factor. Just my gut feel.

Personally, I'm in love with GM. I think picking them on the ML is a great value. I wouldn't be suprised one bit if they won it all. The books have them at a huge longshot +600 to win the crown.

Mikehunt
    Mikehunt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lsu will win/