easywinner
    easywinner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Tennessee..

Can someone that watches or follows or is a fan of the Vols tell me what the difference is between the current team and the ncaa tourney team from last year? Differences in the roster, different starters, injuries, suspensions, etc. anything like that if there are any. Thanks.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Tyler Smith is gone, JP Prince is gone, Wayne Chism is gone. Those were the main pieces. They added Tobias Harris who is basically Tyler Smith from last year (VERY talented). They overachieved a tad last year IMO

easywinner
    easywinner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Much appreciated, i didn't realize they lost all of those guys. Any predictions for their game today with Arkansas?

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I like Tennessee by around 4 so I'll be betting them. I never thought Prince was that great to be honest. Their only real loss in my eyes was Chism and even he lost them some games because he played on the perimeter so much

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Hard to ever bet Tennessee. They can't shoot free throws and they can lose by 15 to anyone. Then they can also blow someone out. Bottom line...They can't be trusted

chaseman
    chaseman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

Bobby Maze, point guard, is also gone. Tennessee returned Brian Williams, the mediocre big man; Scotty Hopson, the inconsistent star; Cameron Tatum, a great shooter and consistent all-around contributor; Melvin Goins, backup to Maze and plays a lot like him; and a bunch of bench players. Tenn has a very promising starting freshman Tobias Harris who is a great all-around forward.

Today begins Pearl's suspension. However, the last two games, Tony Jones (Pearl's assistant for 10+ years) has the Vol fans' confidence. He will run the same type of game and make the same subs, but I'm afraid he doesn't have the intensity that Pearl brings to the games (nobody does). The Vols will be pumped and extra-ready and emotional to play the first game without their head coach. Arkansas has not lost at home.

I don't think Tennessee overachieved last year. The Vols beat a #1 Kansas and a #2 Kentucky team last year. The Vols have beaten many top 10 teams and lost to many sub-top 100 teams over the years.. just how it is. As said before, they seem to play to the level of their competition. This is why they can convincingly beat a couple top 10 teams or convincingly lose to a sub-50 team.

That being said, take the Vols when they are underdogs or close to it. If they are a 10+ point favorite, they will probably lose SU. Also take the Vols -points against really good teams if the Vols happen to be favored.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Their He3ad coach is suspended for the first 8 SEC conference games.

Starting today

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

I like Tennessee to get it done.

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

Tyler Smith was greatly overated and it showed once he was off the team last year how well the team began to click. I believe the Pearl situation and the fact that they were rotating to many players this year has contributed to their struggles. You never know what you will get from Scotty Hopson on a nightly basis but if he contributes the Vols are hard to beat. Chism, JP and B. Maze were a very intregal part of their run last year but I believe this years team has more "talent" than that team but when you lose 3 senior leaders the inconsistency comes into play. Tobias Harris is definitely one of the most polished freshman I have seen in the SEC on the offensive end but sometimes he struggles on D. The Memphis game may be a turning point this year and one reason they got out to such a big lead was the 3 ball was falling again and they were commanding the boards. Brian Williams has to continue to be a glass eater as he was last year in the Elite 8 run. That being said, buyer beware when it comes to Tennessee basketball, they continue to be consistently inconsistent.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw74 View Post
    Hard to ever bet Tennessee. They can't shoot free throws and they can lose by 15 to anyone. Then they can also blow someone out. Bottom line...They can't be trusted
    They are SCHIZO's, LOONIE's, NUTS & UNBALANCED