WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

#9 UConn vs #15 Notre Dame

UConn (11-1) pays a visit to Notre Dame (12-2) tonight in a battle of top-15 teams. UConn is 1-4 in their last five visits to the Irish court losing by 6-4-6-8. This will be their second road trip after losing by 15 points at Pitt. Notre Dame plays host to the Huskies knowing they are 9-0 at home this season. The Irish are 7-3 against the number their last ten home games.

I'll play the lower ranked team favored over the higher ranked team.

#9 UConn
    #15 Notre Dame -5.5

GL

Rebel90
    Rebel90's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have uconn +5.5 here...They could win outright but regardless it will be a very tight game imp.

btd
    btd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6822

Line has dropped to 4.5 at most books, since I'm from Conn. ,I'll root for the Huskies, may just play 1 Unit on them

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Uconn seems like the smart play here.

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

Notre Dame really only has one bigtime win -- over Georgetown at home -- and I'm not yet sure that Georgetown is not a bit overrated. OK ... the comeback win over Wisconsin was good too. UConn, on the other hand, had that great run in the Maui invitational, beating Wichita (a very dangerous team), then Michigan State, then Kentucky, to win the tournament. Notre Dame's Carleton Scott (6'8" senior forward, with 11.9 points, 6.4 rebounds, and 1.8 blocks per game) is out for this game (and probably a few more) with a pulled hamstring. It's a big loss for ND, especially on defense in my opinion. Remember, Scott was a big factor in the win over Wisconsin. On Friday, Kemba Walker caught fire at the end of Connecticut's game against USF, and pretty much won the game for them. I think he has a big game tonight, and I think UConn, at very least, keeps it close. I will not be a bit surprised if UConn wins this convincingly. I love getting UConn as an underdog in this matchup. I'll take UConn +4.5 (I'm bothered that I was too slow to get the higher number, but I like the line movement).
    Last edited by zephyr; 01-04-11 at 11:31 AM.

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

ND -4 book it