Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Michigan St at Northwestern

I really like this game. Line up to 2 and 2.5 some places. Im thinking this game comes down to the last possession so if this gets to 3 I will bite. NW is good at home and Mich St is not a good away team. What do you guys think about this game?
    Last edited by Romanov; 01-03-11 at 09:46 AM.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Look for MSU to run past NW's zone. If they can do that, MSU's turnover problems will be a nonfactor. Last time these two played MSU scored into the 90s. Then again, MSU has also lost at home to NW in the past when they couldn't run past NW's zone.

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

After seeing how bad they played against Purdue, MSU should beat NW tonight. Purdue relies on Moore and JJ while MSU will hammer them with Lucas,Sherman,Roe,Summers,Luscious,Dray Green,Payne,Nix. Its gonna be like Hiroshima and Nagasaki all over again.

Michigan St has won 9 of the last 10 meetings including all meetings at Northwestern

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Michigan St beating Northwestern and Georgetown beating St John's looks like easy money tonight. You have two Top 25 teams that are small favorites.

Michigan St may not be Michigan St of old. They lost all their big match ups this year eventhough it was against top 25 competition. (They beat Minnesota their last game) The same can be said for Northwestern. The best two teams (not top 25) they played were St Johns and Purdue and they lost both games.
    Last edited by NardVa; 01-03-11 at 10:57 AM.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

If you ask me, FSU -14.5 @ Auburn is the best cover of the day. FSU could win that game by 30.

spartangreen
    spartangreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

You have to remember that when MSU plays at Northwestern, half of the crowd is MSU fans. Chicago is the largest MSU fan base outside of Michigan. MSU always plays well there.

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cant bring myself to take Mich. St even though I like em... Just been burnt to many times this year already wth them

LockPickMaster

Quote Originally Posted by Landscaper View Post
    Cant bring myself to take Mich. St even though I like em... Just been burnt to many times this year already wth them
    I can see that but we are talking NW. Who has the better overall talent, MSU.

Michigan State won 13 of last 14 games vs Northwestern, winning last six visits to Evanston by 12-11-11-16-11-21 points; Spartans are 8-4, losing only true road game by 5 at Duke. Wildcats are 9-2, supposed to nake NCAAs for first time, but they've lost by 16 at St John's, by 13 at Purdue in only two games as an underdog this season.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

MichST biggest issue this season is turnovers versus extremely "athletic" teams. NW is not an extremely athletic team, they sit in a zone all game long. Izzo and MichST will have no problem beating that zone and this NW team has lost 2/3 games going into this one. I got in with MichST -2, couldn't be happier.

GGZOLA
    GGZOLA's Avatar Become A Pro!

could go either way IMO wait for better games

nikevols
    nikevols's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im rolling with the spartans today

bigkrezca32
    bigkrezca32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Just made my biggest bet of the year on MSU -2 1/2 (wish I made it in time for -2, but they'll cover 2 1/2 I think anyways).

I loosely follow NU and can you that MSU is the type of team that NU simply cannot stop. NU's biggest weaknesses (inability to handle physical, athletic inside players...... inability to stop penetration vs athletic guards....defensive rebounding) play into MSU strengths. NU, with a lack of anyone worth anything inside (Luke Mirkovic is starting at C...skinny John Shurna at the 4) forces them to play zone (1-3-1)....those 2 things combine to make them one of the worst defensive rebounding teams I've seen (not to mention the 1-3-1 puts 5'8'' Juice Thompson under the hoop)..........The lack of anything resembling a defense from NU combined with their inability to rebound will lead to tons of points for MSU...I know NU can get hot and has several shooters, but I don't think they can keep pace with MSU. ....Plus, all-big 10 candidate John Shurna still isn't 100% coming off a high ankle sprain.

If NU couldn't hang with St. Johns athletic guards and physical big men, how can they hang with MSU?

bigkrezca32
    bigkrezca32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

P.S.---FWIW, I like St. Johns vs Georgetown.....They've really seemed to come together over the last couple weeks

5ammy
    5ammy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on MSU with a small bet at -2. MSU definitely is not living up to what they were hyped for but they're still a solid team and far more athletic than NU. It seems like the logical play but I know MSU could also disappoint in this one so a small bet seems reasonable.

bigdog3580
    bigdog3580's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Good luck to all MSU backers today.

Tomasitas
    Lithuania
    Tomasitas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 141

Northwestern will win this

tryin2makeabuck
    tryin2makeabuck's Avatar Become A Pro!

im leaning northwestern but playing the total over 141 instead.

LockPickMaster

Quote Originally Posted by Tomasitas View Post
    Northwestern will win this
    why is that

jimmyg2727
    jimmyg2727's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by tryin2makeabuck View Post
    im leaning northwestern but playing the total over 141 instead.

Me too/... I like the Over. Hope it's a close game and Mich St scores in the 80's Again

weightofmywords
    weightofmywords's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the spartans will win this easily.

justwinthisone
    justwinthisone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4980

i took msu but i dont feel great about it. this could go either way

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

MSU always torches Northwestern in Evanston with a sharp shooter to bust the zone defense. Mo Ager, Allen, etc. have had big games in the past there.

Unless you're counting on Durrell Summers to suddenly show up with a consistent game tonight, I don't think MSU has the shooters to earn your $$$$ on this one.