VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

College Hoops Teaser for Thursday

South Alabama +13

Temple / Villanova OVER 126

Pacific -2

I'm in love with the first two legs of this teaser. South Alabama has struggled on the road this season compiling a 1-4 record away from the friendly confines while giving up 80 PPG, but they've reeled off 4 straight wins (3 at home) and are starting to play some better basketball. South Alabama shot 41% from the field in last seasons 6-point home loss to Ark State, so with a half-decent shooting night, I think +13 is a gracious number with the tease.

In the second leg, the Battle of Philadelphia should be a dogfight with a quicker paced game then most think. We have Villanova boasting the 88th most up-tempo offense, at home, while also be ranked 36th in most efficient offense (getting the most out of each possession). On the contrary, Temple ranks in the bottom 25% in tempo in the nation (256th nationally), yet, makes the most of their possessions as well, ranking 79th in most-efficient offense. With that being said, I think we see a decent pace to this game tonight with each team making the most of their possessions and running this total OVER. One key to this game: Temple has some problems with fouling, so look for Villanova to be at the line alot tonight.

Finally, we have the late game with Pacific the overwhelming statistical favorite over a struggling Cal-State Fullerton. CS-F can't stop anyone! They rank 338 of 345 NCAA D-1 squads in defensive efficiency, which boasts well for Pacific backers since they play very slow and very efficient. Pacific makes the most of their possessions and have done so for years, annually ranking in the upper one-thind to one-quarter in the nation in offensive efficiency and defensive efficiency. I like Pacific to continue their dominance over Cal-State Fullerton tonight on the road and make it 5 straight victories over the Titans (winning margin almost 12 PPG in the last 4).

Good luck everyone and enjoy the games!
    Last edited by VegasInsider; 12-30-10 at 05:11 PM.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Got the first two legs of the teaser....but Pacific is laying an egg on the road!