Betpoints: 212

BGboothA's Pac-10 Thread

Pac 10 play starts today!

***** Washington -3.5
    **** Washington State +2.5

On a huge parlay with both these ML's!

Jessica
    Jessica's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why Washington? They're awful on the road and USC is a pretty solid team. -3.5 seems like a lot to lay.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Washington is the better team plain and simple. I honestly am not sure this game will even be close. The Huskies have the talent to win by double digits here.... so far the teams have played relatively similar opponents (both have played a host of garbage schools with a couple of ranked teams in the mix)

Huskies Points per game = 90
    Trojans Points per game = 69

Field Goal Percentage UW = .488
    Field Goal Percentage USC = .454

Plus the Huskies are tougher inside and out, Huskies are shooting lights out from the three point line and averaging a crazy 15+ offensive rebounds a game!

BGboothA

UW won and covered but two weeks on the road killed WSU.

1-1 not a great start...

*****Oregon State +3
    Oregon state is the better team and is at home, not sure why this line is in this direction. Getting the ML now at about +140 looks great.

* Arizona -7.5
    This line is just too big to be messing with early in the real season. I am staying away from this, but Arizona could win by 15

BGboothA

Cash Money! 2-0 Today bringing the total to 3-1 now thats more like it!

Looking at an early start on two of tomorrow Pac-10 games!

**Washington -4
    I don't love this line and the price isn't right for the ML, but I think Washington can win this game. WSU really hung with and were beating UCLA up until the second half of the second half, where fatigue really set in. UCLA dominated WSU in the paint and WSU really had no one to challenge UCLA's big men, UW does have those inside players. The line of -4 is just 2 points bigger than I want, if the line moves in the right direction I will move this up, but for right now just a simple 2 star play.

****USC -3.5
    WSU has been on the road since December 18th and they get to go home as soon as this game is over! They fell apart at the end of the UCLA game and will more than likely struggle here. USC could get a gift and win this game big. I didn't get a change to see the UW v. USC game (since it wasn't carried by ANY channel even on the net), but I see USC winning this one pretty easily. A nice 4 star play.

BGboothA

Washington Wins by 11 and the game was never really in question....should have went bigger on this game, but gotta stick with my gut.

Sitting at 4-1-0 hitting my last 3 straight and another nice parlay setting up today!

BGboothA

Glad I jumped on the USC game last night, line moved to four so majority of people probably pushed! Woot Woot!

Hitting another Parlay two days in a row, and 4 wins straight.....

BGboothA's Pac-10 Thread 3-1-0 (+12.60 Units)
    5 Star Plays = 2-0-0 (+10.00 Units)
    4 Star Plays = 1-1-0 (-.40 Units)
    3 Star Plays = 0-0-0 (0.00 Units)
    2 Star Plays = 1-0-0 (+2.00 Units)
    1 Star Plays = 1-0-0 (+1.00 Units)

BGboothA

Alright another nice day yesterday...only 1 Pac-10 game today...

*Oregon -1

The line opened at +1 and I should have jumped on it then, but really I don't love this game, thus only 1 unit play. Oregon at home getting ready for a road trip is the only reason I am on Oregon here, these two will be battling for the bottom of the Pac-10 in my eyes. I am just not sure which team is worse. I think Oregon can out rebound ASU, but ASU likes to put up the three pointers, if they start falling they will win. In the end a small play on Oregon.
    BGboothA's Pac-10 Thread 5-1-0 (+12.60 Units)
    1 Star Plays = 1-0-0 (+1.00 Units)

BGboothA

Quote Originally Posted by BGboothA View Post

*Oregon -1

The line opened at +1 and I should have jumped on it then, but really I don't love this game, thus only 1 unit play. Oregon at home getting ready for a road trip is the only reason I am on Oregon here, these two will be battling for the bottom of the Pac-10 in my eyes. I am just not sure which team is worse. I think Oregon can out rebound ASU, but ASU likes to put up the three pointers, if they start falling they will win. In the end a small play on Oregon.
    Some interesting line movement here, opened at ORE +1 now has moved all the way to ORE -1.5, with public betting nearly 50/50. Things that make you go hmmmm, good news is I am liking my Oregon -1 more and more and really wish I would have jumped on the +ML last night when I saw it. IF the line keeps moving and drops to -2.5 I may throw another unit or two on it

BGboothA

Alright tough break on the Oregon game, but I will take a week of 5-2-0 with a smile.

Updated Record:

BGboothA's Pac-10 Thread 5-2-0 (+11.50 Units)
    1 Star Plays = 1-1-0 (-0.10 Units)

Plays for Tomorrow 1/2/2011

**Oregon State +10.5
    Arizona's defense is going to be tough to beat, but Oregon State is no slouch. Oregon State at home keeps it within 10. I actually think Oregon state has a small shot to win this game and may trickle a small bet on the moneyline late tomorrow night before tip off. That being said, I am not overly confident in this bet as its only a 2 unit bet. Arizona's defense is good, but they struggle a little on the offensive glass. If Oregon state can grab a few second chances they will be in this for the long haul.

*****Stanford -2.5
    Stanford can win this game running away IMO. They are the better rebounding team, the better shooting team. Stanfords defense has been really good if you don't look at the Butler game (which they had no shot in). I have hit both of my first two 5 star plays this week, and look to ad on another one here. The line sitting at -2.5 now, but it may move a little in the wrong direction so I am hitting it now.
    Last edited by BGboothA; 01-02-11 at 04:16 AM. Reason: did some math wrong

BGboothA

**Oregon State +10.5
    Arizona's defense is going to be tough to beat, but Oregon State is no slouch. Oregon State at home keeps it within 10. I actually think Oregon state has a small shot to win this game and may trickle a small bet on the moneyline late tomorrow night before tip off. That being said, I am not overly confident in this bet as its only a 2 unit bet. Arizona's defense is good, but they struggle a little on the offensive glass. If Oregon state can grab a few second chances they will be in this for the long haul.
    This line has moved all the way down to +8 at Pinnacle and a few other books! Meaning a 8 point win by Arizona lands a push / and 2 unit Win. A 9-10 point win by Arizona means a 4 unit win. Any other result would simply result in a 0.20 unit loss. Time to middle this one on Pinnacle!

BGboothA

Stanford Rolls by 14 and my 5 star picks go 3-0 this week!!!!! I love making money watching basketball. With the middle opportunity in the other Pac-10 game we are guaranteeing another positive day!

BGboothA's Pac-10 Thread 6-2-0 (+16.50 Units)
    5 Star Plays = 3-0-0 (+10.00 Units)

Pending :
    ** Oregon State +10.5
    ** Arizona -8
    Last edited by BGboothA; 01-02-11 at 10:11 PM. Reason: More bad math

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Well done!!

BGboothA

Definitely over thought the Oregon State game, that I had nailed before I did something crazy. Ohh well. Game finished end up losing 0.20 units in all. No more Pac-10 games til Thursday! Here's hoping next weekend is as good as this weekend.

BGboothA's Pac-10 Thread 6-2-0 (+16.30 Units)
    5 Star Plays = 3-0-0 (+15.00 Units)
    2 Star Plays = 2-1-0 (+1.80 Units)

BGboothA

*****Stanford +5 Stanford is the better team here and they are getting free points. My only real concern is that ASU can get hot behind the arc. If that happens it may be a close game, but I think Stanford wins this one and could win by a few. ***Arizona -13 13 is lot to give up in conference. I think Arizona wins this game and they are going to come out flying after losing their last game against Oregon State. ***Oregon State +11 Oregon State still getting no love and Washington State getting too much love. WSU is good, but they aren't 11 point favorites good. *****Oregon +20.5 Washington just lost their starting PG, and 20 is simply way too many points to give. Washington will win but it won't be by 20.

vitalogist
    GET LOOSE!
    vitalogist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

good work so far, BG. Nice call on UW/Oregon so far... GL

You playing Cal / Zona or OSU / WSU?

BGboothA

*****Stanford +5 Stanford is the better team here and they are getting free points. My only real concern is that ASU can get hot behind the arc. If that happens it may be a close game, but I think Stanford wins this one and could win by a few.

***Arizona -13 13 is lot to give up in conference. I think Arizona wins this game and they are going to come out flying after losing their last game against Oregon State.

***Oregon State +11 Oregon State still getting no love and Washington State getting too much love. WSU is good, but they aren't 11 point favorites good.

*****Oregon +20.5 Washington just lost their starting PG, and 20 is simply way too many points to give. Washington will win but it won't be by 20.
    Sorry had to post the original from my phone since work computer actually block the forum. Its ironic I can actually get to all three of my active books, the contest page here, heck even the live odds page here without problem, but the forum...thats blocked.

I am playing all four games tonight. Oregon and Stanford are my 5 unit plays and Arizona and Oregon State are both 3 star plays.

BGboothA

Well Hell, I was going to come home from a long days work, open a nice cold IPA and watch some Pac-10 basketball....but they aren't even online, let alone TV. WTF!

No wonder no-one has respect for the Pac-10, no one gets to see them.

vitalogist
    GET LOOSE!

Yeah, they're TV deal completely sucks. Do you still post over at fantasyfootballcafe dot com?

BGboothA

Not so much anymore....kinda died off over there, and personally I have moved my interest to this side of things, betting on games more than the fantasy game. (although I did win my money league this year)

BGboothA

Wow, Washington almost killed me there......Talk about a second half tear!

BGboothA

BGboothA's Pac-10 Thread 8-2-0 (+26.30 Units)
    5 Star Plays = 5-0-0 (+25.00 Units)

southpaw74

Good job booth...thanks for posting. I didn't see tonights plays until now but I'll be following in the future

vitalogist
    GET LOOSE!

Yeah that 3 actually cost me, I had washington!!! 2H bet cashed at least. Nice hit on Stanford and Oregon, 5 star plays are ON FIRE!!!

I still play fantasy too, but pay way less attention to it anymore. This is way more fun as long as you can practice good money management and not go on tilt!

I'll be at the UW/OSU game Saturday, what do you guess the number will be? I'm guessing 15-20 again....

BGboothA

not sure after Oregon hung with them for a while, and OSU got covered by WSU....not sure. I would guess 15 is about right, but 20 would seem high

BGboothA

No Pac-10 tonight, but will be back tonight or early tomorrow with tomorrow's pac-10 plays.

BGboothA's Pac-10 Thread 8-4-0 (+19.70 Units)
    3 Star Plays = 0-2-0 (-6.60 Units)

BGboothA

Alright, Saturday 1/8 plays....Let's see if we can keep up a nice streak!

*Cal +1
    Can't say much about this play, if I wasn't picking every Pac-10 game for the sake of this thread, I would leave this game alone. These teams are both pretty bad and both pretty unpredictable. I think Cal is the better team, but that doesn't mean that Cal is going to show up. If it wasn't for Oregon these guys would be playing for the bottom of the Pac-10.

*****Oregon State +20
    Oregon State never got off to a good start against WSU, started the game down by ten and was never able to fight back. Washington needed a crazy run in the second half to pull away from Oregon, but was actually losing to Oregon in the middle of the second half. This line is just too big, I thought the line would be closer to 15, an extra 5 points is just too much to give up. Washington is going to feel the loss of Gaddy in this one and can't rely on a horrible team to help them out like they did the other day against Oregon.

****Stanford +12
    Stanford is a better team than this line puts forward, Arizona is good and should win this game, but I don't see it being by 12 here. Stanford's defense can hold Arizona in line and keep the game close. Twelve point is just too much for Arizona here.

***Washington State -14
    Oregon is horrible, they were lucky to hang with a beat up UW on Thursday. WSU is a good basketball team especially at home. Its a big line, and I am not sure how well WSU will handle being up and I wonder if they can pull away, so its only a three unit play.

vitalogist
    GET LOOSE!

GL booth! Go Dawgs!

BGboothA

Not today vitalogist...The Dawgs should win, but won't cover.....today its GO HAWKS!

BGboothA

Alright hit the Cal game, but the game was just as garbage as I thought.

The Stanford / Arizona was postponed due to the assassination of Arizona State Representative, so thats a no action for the day.

BGboothA's Pac-10 Thread 9-4-0 (+20.70 Units)
    1 Star Plays = 1-1-0 (+0.90 Units)

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Hexum
    Hexum's Avatar Become A Pro!

i really love that wazzu bet. Its down to -13 at my book. Would do you think? should i buy the hook and get them at 12.5?

BGboothA

Honestly I think WSU rolls here, Washington could have beat Oregon by 40 if they played the whole game the way they played the second half....and honestly I think WSU might be a better scoring team than Washington. oregon isn't going to be able to stop anyone. I would take the 13 with confidence

southpaw74

These Oregon and Oregon state teams tend to hang for a half and then get absolutely killed 2H! How can a team be down 1 at half and lose by 30 2H...wow! I'm taking wash state tonight for sure

BGboothA

*Cal +1
    Can't say much about this play, if I wasn't picking every Pac-10 game for the sake of this thread, I would leave this game alone. These teams are both pretty bad and both pretty unpredictable. I think Cal is the better team, but that doesn't mean that Cal is going to show up. If it wasn't for Oregon these guys would be playing for the bottom of the Pac-10.

*****Oregon State +20
    Oregon State never got off to a good start against WSU, started the game down by ten and was never able to fight back. Washington needed a crazy run in the second half to pull away from Oregon, but was actually losing to Oregon in the middle of the second half. This line is just too big, I thought the line would be closer to 15, an extra 5 points is just too much to give up. Washington is going to feel the loss of Gaddy in this one and can't rely on a horrible team to help them out like they did the other day against Oregon.

****Stanford +12
    Stanford is a better team than this line puts forward, Arizona is good and should win this game, but I don't see it being by 12 here. Stanford's defense can hold Arizona in line and keep the game close. Twelve point is just too much for Arizona here.

***Washington State -14
    Oregon is horrible, they were lucky to hang with a beat up UW on Thursday. WSU is a good basketball team especially at home. Its a big line, and I am not sure how well WSU will handle being up and I wonder if they can pull away, so its only a three unit play.
    Not a great day...hit my 1 unit play....Lost my first 5 unit play .... and pushed my 3 unit bet. Still like Stanford whenever they play.

BGboothA's Pac-10 Thread 9-6-1 (+15.20 Units)
    5 Star Plays = 5-1-0 (+19.5.00 Units)
    4 Star Plays = 1-1-1 (-.40 Units)
    1 Star Plays = 1-1-0 (+0.90 Units)

123 Last