bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

steve alford looks to be missouri bound

theres strong rumors comming out tonight saying that steve alford is going to be the next missouri coach.

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Billy Gillespie and Dana Altman are the two names I've heard for the Iowa job. Everyone in Iowa is assuming Alford is gone.

bigboydan

I don't think Dana Altman will leave the blue jays at all. he has turned down alot of jobs in the last few years, because he doesn't like the high profile pressure. not to mention that the AD at crieghton and him are very good friends outside the office.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe All Star Coach Steve Alford will be able to get another Tournament win in 6 years as coach of Missouri. Those are lofty standards to have to live up to. He's like clockwork...1 tourney win every 6 years. Amazing!

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've read that Gillespie will be staying put...

bigboydan

looks like alford is now staying put at Iowa according to reports this afternoon.

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd have to question Gillespie's sanity if he left for Mizzou. He's building something at A&M, and has a chance to make a strong name for himself, why would he leave for a program that's essentially in shambles and not all that much more prestigious (and I'm a Mizzou fan).

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Iowa fans are happy knowing they can expect another Tournament win sometime in the next 6 years.

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

What about the possibility of Gillespie to Indiana?

bigboydan

Gillespie's name is being rumored in every coaching open out there. who knows where he will land.