I'mAWinner
    I'mAWinner's Avatar Become A Pro!

12.21.2010 Tuesday CBB, ECAC HOLIDAY FESTIVAL - Northwestern VS St.Johns

12.21.2010 Tuesday CBB, ECAC HOLIDAY FESTIVAL - Northwestern VS St. Johns

Hello to all, it's VR again ! Nice win again last night with Davidson getting 9 points, not to sound like a jerk but getting 9 points was a gift from LVSC. St. Johns Nine points better than Davidson-NO-WAY !

That win got us back on the winning side with a Three game winning streak, going into this past saturday my NINE game winning streak ended with UNC losing. Since we've won 3 straight ! But hey thats yesterday, hard work will get us to where we need to be "CASHING TICKETS"

As for today, I'm going right back to the "Worlds Most Famous Arena" Northwestern and St.Johns.
    The Las Vegas Hilton has Northwestern the Underdog tonite getting 4 points. Are you kidding me, I know St.Johns is pretty much the home team but come on. Well I'm taking the points tonite. One of the Nations BEST 3 point shooting team VS One of the Nations worst defending the 3. St. Johns offense has no clue where they want to be, to let you guy's know, I'm a huge St. Johns homer. I grow up 3 miles from the campus, I've been to many, many games, football, basketball. I know this team real well and Northwestern getting a few points is ok by me.

Northwestern +4
    28-10 ats

ricohhh
    ricohhh's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on it as well. BOL

I'mAWinner

Quote Originally Posted by ricohhh View Post
    I'm on it as well. BOL
    Good luck buddy, 7 hours till tip.

Tomasitas
    Lithuania
    Tomasitas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 141

Nice ,I like it very much,one of the best picks today

also I like

William & Mary +20
    Cincinnati -8
    UAB -5
    Tennessee St. -1
    Louisiana-Lafayette +8
    UNLV +3.5

I'mAWinner

Quote Originally Posted by Tomasitas View Post
    Nice ,I like it very much,one of the best picks today

also I like

William & Mary +20
    Cincinnati -8
    UAB -5
    Tennessee St. -1
    Louisiana-Lafayette +8
    UNLV +3.5
    Hi Tom, Nice plays. I'm leaning towards small play with UNLV, I believe they take down K-State tonite.

Tomasitas
    Lithuania
    Tomasitas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 141

line movement tells to pick UNLV

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Love it...good luck tonight!

I'mAWinner

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw74 View Post
    Love it...good luck tonight!
    Hi Southpaw, I asked you aa question last nite, I guess you didn't see it. Why the name Southpaw? You must be a Rocky Balboa fan ! LOL, Me Too !

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

I answered it in yesterday's thread I think. I'm in Minneapolis. I am pretty decent at alot of sports and i am a lefty in everything so southpaw fits

bigkrezca32
    bigkrezca32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Posted this in the other NU thread but here it is again....

Why is NU not favored? I'm not very sure either but here's a few reasons why.....

1) NU has played no one of substance (their 2 biggest wins came against Georgia Tech and Creighton---both at home and both teams aren't very good.....but they did beat both by 10+ pts)

2) NU hasn't played a road game vs anyone even decent (a game at MSG vs St. Johns qualifies to me as a road game). Their 2 true road games thus far came against a 3-5 Northern Illinois team (19 pt win) and a 3-10 Texas Pan-American team (won by only 6).

3) Steve Lavin and, even more so, Gene Keady are Big 10 guys and they know Northwestern, know their style and know what they like to do. Both aren't going to be surprised be anything NU attempts to do.

--With that said, I'm in moderately big on NU. NU, by all accounts, is on top of their game right now. Their playing extremely confidant bball....Further, St. Johns ranks near the bottom of D1 in 3-pt% D with opponents shooing near 39% from deep against them. Opponents also get nearly 38% of their points against St. John from the 3....We all know NU loves the 3 ball (1st in 3-pt % thus far)......I expect St. John to get their points inside (you gotta be bad inside to not dominate NU down low) but I gotta also expect NU to hit several 3's....The road and the Big 10 coaches for St. Johns will keep this game close, but I expect NU to win a tight one..

I'mAWinner

Quote Originally Posted by bigkrezca32 View Post
    Posted this in the other NU thread but here it is again....

Why is NU not favored? I'm not very sure either but here's a few reasons why.....

1) NU has played no one of substance (their 2 biggest wins came against Georgia Tech and Creighton---both at home and both teams aren't very good.....but they did beat both by 10+ pts)

2) NU hasn't played a road game vs anyone even decent (a game at MSG vs St. Johns qualifies to me as a road game). Their 2 true road games thus far came against a 3-5 Northern Illinois team (19 pt win) and a 3-10 Texas Pan-American team (won by only 6).

3) Steve Lavin and, even more so, Gene Keady are Big 10 guys and they know Northwestern, know their style and know what they like to do. Both aren't going to be surprised be anything NU attempts to do.

--With that said, I'm in moderately big on NU. NU, by all accounts, is on top of their game right now. Their playing extremely confidant bball....Further, St. Johns ranks near the bottom of D1 in 3-pt% D with opponents shooing near 39% from deep against them. Opponents also get nearly 38% of their points against St. John from the 3....We all know NU loves the 3 ball (1st in 3-pt % thus far)......I expect St. John to get their points inside (you gotta be bad inside to not dominate NU down low) but I gotta also expect NU to hit several 3's....The road and the Big 10 coaches for St. Johns will keep this game close, but I expect NU to win a tight one..
    Nice right up. Awsome. Knowing the Johnnies as I do, in my opinion there more Ath. then Northwestern and thats where it ends. The Wildcats play very smart basketball and there ranked 8th in the Nation jacking up 3's. St. Johns ranks at the bottom defending the 3 ball. Home court, the Garden is going to be packed tonite with Redstorm fans. When the final buzzer sounds in my opinion it's going to be very close, either way Northwestern will cover the 4 points.

I'mAWinner

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw74 View Post
    I answered it in yesterday's thread I think. I'm in Minneapolis. I am pretty decent at alot of sports and i am a lefty in everything so southpaw fits
    Sorry I didn't see it, OK, I see south-paw "I think of Rocky"

bigkrezca32

"Knowing the Johnnies as I do, in my opinion there more Ath. then Northwestern"

--- Oh yes. There honestly aren't many teams that are less athletic than Northwestern. Yes, Shurna is underrated athletically, and Crawford and their freshman Cobb are fairly athletic, but no doubt St. Johns has them in this regard. And no doubt that will likely lead to some points inside for St. Johns (don't know how St. Johns does against zone teams but I assume it's OK...aren't they a predominately zone team as well?)

I'mAWinner

Quote Originally Posted by bigkrezca32 View Post
    "Knowing the Johnnies as I do, in my opinion there more Ath. then Northwestern"

--- Oh yes. There honestly aren't many teams that are less athletic than Northwestern. Yes, Shurna is underrated athletically, and Crawford and their freshman Cobb are fairly athletic, but no doubt St. Johns has them in this regard. And no doubt that will likely lead to some points inside for St. Johns (don't know how St. Johns does against zone teams but I assume it's OK...aren't they a predominately zone team as well?)
    St. Johns plays Zone for an avg. of about 30 minutes per game. Last night against Davidson they played Zone for about 25 minutes. Coach Lavin loves Zone. I can't see Northwestern try to play the Johnnies game Defense and Trans.

I'mAWinner

I know it's late and almost tip, but I've got a SMALL play going with UNLV.

UNLV +2

I'mAWinner

Congrats UConn Woman Hoop's ! 89 straight.

I'mAWinner

40-37 Northwestern at the half. St.Johns is playing some tuff man to man defense. Jershon Cobb for Northwestern went to throw one down and he almost got killed. Serious he almost got killed ! Brownlee for St. Johns just destroyed him.

St. Johns is going to come out and play some great defense in the 2nd half as they always do in the 2nd half. Northwestern needs there jumpers to fall to win this game. Bottom line, the Wildcats get ZERO points in the paint, jumpers go in and we win, they don't, we lose ! Lets Go Northwestern !

ricohhh
    ricohhh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brownlee almost killed that guy from davidson yesterday as well

bigkrezca32

Haven't been able to watch but Northwestern's atrocious D is really starting to show itself a bit...Believe Northwestern was last in the Big 10 (not sure nationally) in defensive Points per possession last year..it's looking like it'll be their Achilles heal again this year. St. Johns shooting 58%!!

bigkrezca32

On to the next one

I'mAWinner

Watching Northwestern this season, I never seen how ugly there defense is. St. Johns kicked there butt's and mine.

I take 100% fault for not being prepared ! As much game film I watch on this computer I didn't see it. SORRY !

For those who got UNLV in at least we split, but I still lost money tonite because I wagered more with Northwestern.

Sorry guy's, Wednesday there's like 80 line games WE WILL WIN !

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Kenpom called it, be needs to force turnover to defend, and the johnnies don't turn it over.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Kenpom called it, nw needs to force turnover to defend, and the johnnies don't turn it over.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by I'mAWinner View Post
    Watching Northwestern this season, I never seen how ugly there defense is. St. Johns kicked there butt's and mine. I take 100% fault for not being prepared ! As much game film I watch on this computer I didn't see it. SORRY ! For those who got UNLV in at least we split, but I still lost money tonite because I wagered more with Northwestern. Sorry guy's, Wednesday there's like 80 line games WE WILL WIN !
    Do you have any leans for Wednesday yet?

I'mAWinner

Thanx for the reply guy's, it's one thing when you lose because you choose the right team and they don't play well, off nite shooting or foul trouble. Lose by a point, but when you teams gets SMACKED IN THE HEAD and don't smack back. I watched the game a 2nd time and Northwestern played like hell.
    I watched my 2nd play again, UNLV played pretty good.

Anyway life goes on ! See you guy's later.