Pistol Pete
    Pistol Pete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will 16 seed win this year?

I know it sounds crazy but was just looking at the lines and memphis is only favored by 12 1/2! I may be wrong here but since I can recall usually the 1 seeds are favored by like 20 or more. I dont know, I just think id be great to see even though they would lose in the next round anyways.

Oh other thing who thinks there is good value in Michigan state to make it to final 4? they are plus almost 1500. They have NC in their region who are inexperienced team, then if they make it far enough they would possibly have to beat Ucon. I know its tough but for those odds i think it might be worth it.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really think it is a very strong possibility this year (and by "very strong" I mean a 1-in 20 shot). Oral Roberts is a very good team, and they get the weakest #1 seed. Also, Albany would be capable of beating some of the #3 and #4 seeds, though beating UCONN would require a hell of a lot. Monmouth isn't bad either, and Nova's mindset could be in question, so you never know.

Also on MSU to make the Final 4.

maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!

The correct answer is "no."

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

razz, i was thinking oral roberts probly has the best chance myself of pulling that type of upset this year.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    razz, i was thinking oral roberts probly has the best chance myself of pulling that type of upset this year.
    I agree, but we all know it won't happen.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Well who is going to take the 13 points to the bank with Oral
    Roberts. You guys are making it sound good. I heard a guy say
    that Oral Roberts has athletes on there team and is the best 16
    seed ever!! Watch Out.

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

It won't happen, but it will sometime in the next 5 years in my opinion. There's been some close calls.

I have Memphis losing in the 2nd to Bucknell. AS Bucknell as emerged as the new Gonzaga when they were at their "underdog" phase in 99 and 00.

I'll still be rooting on Oral Roberrts so if they win it won't totally screw me over. I hate teams like Memphis and thats a terrible way to recruit. If your going to do that, just go to track and field meets and get your recruits. I can tell ya this, thats what calipari did with Rodney Carney as he is from where I am from.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    I really think it is a very strong possibility this year (and by "very strong" I mean a 1-in 20 shot). Oral Roberts is a very good team, and they get the weakest #1 seed. Also, Albany would be capable of beating some of the #3 and #4 seeds, though beating UCONN would require a hell of a lot. Monmouth isn't bad either, and Nova's mindset could be in question, so you never know.
    I agree 100%. I think this is the weakest year for #1 seeds I remember in a while. I predict that no #1 seed will make the final 4. I wonder what kind of odds I could get on that bet.

Also on MSU to make the Final 4.
    I disagree. I've got MSU losing early in most of my brackets. Maybe I'm too much in love with UNC. I've even got them losing to George Mason in one bracket. We'll see how they do.