Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Three points - feel free to comment

1. Teams missing a star player normally feel it more in their second game back, which is one of the reasons I like UCLA today.
    2. Teams that played on Day 1 of conference tournaments have covered much more than teams that had byes. Be wary of playing teams that had first round byes in the second round.
    3. Conversely, I feel that the teams that are now playing their third game - most notably Syracuse, who was noticeably tired down the stretch yesterday, not to mention McNamara's groin pull - will not fare very well today.

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    1. Teams missing a star player normally feel it more in their second game back, which is one of the reasons I like UCLA today.
    2. Teams that played on Day 1 of conference tournaments have covered much more than teams that had byes. Be wary of playing teams that had first round byes in the second round.
    3. Conversely, I feel that the teams that are now playing their third game - most notably Syracuse, who was noticeably tired down the stretch yesterday, not to mention McNamara's groin pull - will not fare very well today.
    a. I think these are three great comments, and each of them feels right on the money to me. Point 2 would seem especially useful to keep in mind when looking at favorites with questionable motivation laying big wood.

B. When it comes to NCAAB, I'd love to exchange brains with several folks on this board. But FWIW when my own eyes first saw today's board my first thought was: "I love Georgetown. Especially 2H."

Razz

Second half is what I was thinking as well.

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

I agree with all your points Razz I especially agree with teams playing three or four night in a row don't do well. It’s also seemed that teams that have bids rapped up have really no interest playing in the conference tourney.

Razz

True. GW/Temple game was a good indication of that. GW obviously in, Temple has to win tournament to make NCAA tournament.

Think Vanderbilt offers a really unique opportunity, as they fit into both what BigD said, as well as my point #2, and to a small extent, point #1.

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

how well do home dogs or those that will have the crowd advantage do in the ncaa tourn????????????????????????

selective home dogs are among my favourite plays if the dog is a gritty tough team...cashed nice on indiana today.......\
    thanks for posting your plays so early razz........been 4-1 with your help last 2days very much appreciate it

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Teams missing a star play tend to pull together and elevate their games but the missing talent shows up next game when teamates fall back to earth.

Teams that have a game under their belts in the tournaments are adjusted to the atmosphere and pressure and in most cases the neutral site.

Fatigue is always a factor in BB as well all sports.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by scottyy11
    how well do home dogs or those that will have the crowd advantage do in the ncaa tourn????????????????????????

selective home dogs are among my favourite plays if the dog is a gritty tough team...cashed nice on indiana today.......\
    thanks for posting your plays so early razz........been 4-1 with your help last 2days very much appreciate it
    Glad to hear it. Come to think of it, Xavier and Indiana were the only two I won with today, and they both had the crowd behind them.
    I don't have any historical data on how they do in the big tournament, but that is a good question, and I will definitely look into it. I'll either start a new thread or post it here.

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

yep i played both those and indiana friday when they where home dog and you had them..and you had texas am friday when they were a homedog aswell...I know nothing about hoops ......just saw what you liked and checked if any of them were homedog
    Probably just a short blip but worth noting

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the rational here razz...I'd like to add what I've learned during the conference tourney season...

1. might be a good idea to lessen units and lessen the number of plays as lines are tight

2. I only will consider underdogs, period.

3. Teams that are in are a lot less motivated, and teams who have no hopes other than winning the tourney to go to the NCAA's are very dangerous.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by pags11
    I like the rational here razz...I'd like to add what I've learned during the conference tourney season...

1. might be a good idea to lessen units and lessen the number of plays as lines are tight

2. I only will consider underdogs, period.

3. Teams that are in are a lot less motivated, and teams who have no hopes other than winning the tourney to go to the NCAA's are very dangerous.

If we would of known this 2-3 days ago, imagine
    our fat our pockets would be now.