Duke
    Pittsburgh
    Baylor

bu08usc11
    bu08usc11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by EasyHustlin View Post
    Baylor

They'd be the favorite too playing (basically) a home game in Houston. The crowd was easily 90% Baylor for the 16/8 this year (which Duke was at) and I can't imagine how stacked it would be for a Final 4.

BlueBlob421
    Blue, You're Mah Boy!
    BlueBlob421's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Michigan St
    Duke
    UNC
    Missouri

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

So we all agree on Michigan State and Duke

I do like the Baylor and Missouri picks also though those are very respectable

BetThemDogs
    BetThemDogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Gonzaga
    San Diego St
    Butler
    Wichita St

I can dream, can't I?

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

Duke
    Florida
    Ohio St
    Villanova

eatdust11
    eatdust11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

As a Buckeye fan I hope Ohio State is in the Final Four, but they will be awfully young..

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Duke and MSU seem like decent picks. I would never trust Baylor because I don't believe in Scott Drew or BallHoggius Dunn, assuming he even gets to play much this season. I wouldn't pick Kansas or Kentucky until I knew Josh Selby and Enes Kanter were eligible, and if the NCAA's handling of Rendardo Sidney situation is any indication, the two of them could be halfway through their NBA rookie seasons before the NCAA makes a decision.

There's no denying that Ohio State is the most talented team in the Big Ten. I really don't think people are prepared for just how incredible Jared Sullinger is going to be. The only problem with Ohio State is the same problem Ohio State has always had: Thad Matta. Is he going to continue to insist his team stocked with NBA size and athleticism play zone defense and use no point guard? Its *SHOCKING* how awful OSU was when Evan Turner was out last season, and its not like he was the 2nd coming of Steve Nash, he was a sub-30% 3pt shooter and extremely turnover prone. The way Ohio State has had MSU's number in recent years I would have figured they were a shoe-in for the Final Four last year when Kansas went down...and then they lost to a Tennessee team without Tyler Smith.

If the Big Ten is going to produce a 2nd Final Four team after MSU, its going to be Illinois. Bruce Webber really is a great coach, but once Bill Self's players left he couldn't produce much talent of his own. Now, with Myers Leonard, Jeremy Richmond, Brandon Paul, and DJ Richardson Illinois is stacked *and* well coached.

Memphis could have actually contended for a final four spot with the talent they have, but considering the problems with Will Barton's eligibility, and Jelan Kendrick trying to beat the crap out of his teammates, I'm starting to wonder if they'll even win C-USA. The annual Tennessee-Memphis game could rival the Niners-Raiders game as the matchup of most-dysfunctional sports teams in America.

I guess I'll reserve the 4th Final Four bid for Pitt or Syracuse, because I think one of those two will win the Big East this year.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    Duke and MSU seem like decent picks. I would never trust Baylor because I don't believe in Scott Drew or BallHoggius Dunn, assuming he even gets to play much this season. I wouldn't pick Kansas or Kentucky until I knew Josh Selby and Enes Kanter were eligible, and if the NCAA's handling of Rendardo Sidney situation is any indication, the two of them could be halfway through their NBA rookie seasons before the NCAA makes a decision.

There's no denying that Ohio State is the most talented team in the Big Ten. I really don't think people are prepared for just how incredible Jared Sullinger is going to be. The only problem with Ohio State is the same problem Ohio State has always had: Thad Matta. Is he going to continue to insist his team stocked with NBA size and athleticism play zone defense and use no point guard? Its *SHOCKING* how awful OSU was when Evan Turner was out last season, and its not like he was the 2nd coming of Steve Nash, he was a sub-30% 3pt shooter and extremely turnover prone. The way Ohio State has had MSU's number in recent years I would have figured they were a shoe-in for the Final Four last year when Kansas went down...and then they lost to a Tennessee team without Tyler Smith.

If the Big Ten is going to produce a 2nd Final Four team after MSU, its going to be Illinois. Bruce Webber really is a great coach, but once Bill Self's players left he couldn't produce much talent of his own. Now, with Myers Leonard, Jeremy Richmond, Brandon Paul, and DJ Richardson Illinois is stacked *and* well coached.

Memphis could have actually contended for a final four spot with the talent they have, but considering the problems with Will Barton's eligibility, and Jelan Kendrick trying to beat the crap out of his teammates, I'm starting to wonder if they'll even win C-USA. The annual Tennessee-Memphis game could rival the Niners-Raiders game as the matchup of most-dysfunctional sports teams in America.

I guess I'll reserve the 4th Final Four bid for Pitt or Syracuse, because I think one of those two will win the Big East this year.

I agree 85% with you man excellent write up

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

duke
    kansas st.
    pitt
    baylor

CrimsonQueen
    CrimsonQueen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1660

Pittsburgh, Villanova, Duke, and......maybe Gonzaga or Michigan St. Probably Michigan St.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonQueen View Post
    Pittsburgh, Villanova, Duke, and......maybe Gonzaga or Michigan St. Probably Michigan St.
    Giving the Big East the love hu? Where you live Crimson Queen if you live in that area I can understand the love for the Big East

hitthew8room
    hitthew8room's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Nova, Duke, Kansas St., Ohio St.

MontysRevenge
    MontysRevenge's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am surprised there isn't more college basketball talk going on! From a gambling perspective college football lines are tough and there is so much basketball info to digest!

GOOD THREAD GUYS
    I'll go with DUKE - PITT - KANSAS ST - WASHINGTON

EasyHustlin
    EasyHustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Quote Originally Posted by MontysRevenge View Post
    I am surprised there isn't more college basketball talk going on! From a gambling perspective college football lines are tough and there is so much basketball info to digest! GOOD THREAD GUYS I'll go with DUKE - PITT - KANSAS ST - WASHINGTON
    Like the Washington pick, they will have a good squad this year. So many good teams to watch this year, who's excited for Nov. 8?!

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Ehh Washington will be good but I dont think there Final 4 Caliber. First we gotta see how they handle UCLA

jennahazeplays
    jennahazeplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

duke and mich st def. maybe purdue and kentucky as well

Calbears
    Calbears's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cal??? Ok, ok, ok...I know...

Waz
    Waz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1894

Here's my preseason Final Four:

Duke - the defending champs are even better this year with stud Freshmen Irving and Curry's brother to add to an already talented and deep squad. They're going to pick up the pace more this year and take advantage of their athleticism. Just a great mix of veterans and young guns.

Pittsburgh - almost the entire squad is back from a really good team last year. They feature a very balanced attack so you can't focus on any one player. Jamie Dixon is as good as it gets and they have more talent than ever.

Kentucky - this team is going to be nearly as talented as last year's squad and much deeper and more versatile. They won't have anybody as dominate as Wall or Cousins, but they will shoot it better and be much more balanced. This is all assuming that Freshmen Enes Kanter is declared eligible to play.

San Diego St. - Don't mistake this team for a Cinderella. They won the Mountain West last year (one of the 7 or 8 best conferences in college basketball), nearly upset Tennessee in the NCAA tourney, and they have all 5 starters returning. They arguably have the best frontcourt in the nation and are very experienced and deep overall.

ddsports
    ddsports's Avatar Become A Pro!

No way sdsu makes final four. Ive got KU winning it all

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by ddsports View Post
    No way sdsu makes final four. Ive got KU winning it all
    SDSU making the final 4 is more realistic then Kentucky making the Final 4

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Arizona is the team to beat in the Pac-10. None of this UCLA/Washington nonsense.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    Arizona is the team to beat in the Pac-10. None of this UCLA/Washington nonsense.
    Ill take Tyler Honeycutt over any player in the PAC 10 on UCLA over any other player in the PAC 10