Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

OSU/Purdue Sunday

I don't have time for a long writeup but I'll probably laying as many points as I have to lay on Sunday. After my Boilers loss tonight to the Hoosiers I just don't see them getting up for the challenge on Sunday. It will be Senior day and assuming either Illinois, Iowa, or Wisky finish at 11-5 OSU will need the victory to win the Big Ten title outright. If none of them finish at 11-5 then its a different story.

They're a team that puts a lot of pressure on guards and Purdue is a team that loves to turn the ball over. They beat Purdue handily @Purdue 84-64. I'm not sure what to expect the spread to be but I'll play anything -25 or under (if OSU needs the win for the title). Once Purdue hits its first stretch of turnovers leading to easy buckets in transition for the Buckeyes...it will get ugly and stay that way.

I won't play it nearly as large as the Purdue/Minny game last week but I may put 5 units on it.

All that being said....I expect Purdue to be the surprise team of the Big Ten next year going from 9-19 to a NCAA berth. With 4 starters returning to the team next year and the freshmen that acquired more experience than they were ready for (and a coach who despite the record has impressed me greatly)...the Boilers will be a good squad. I believe money will be made betting on them early in the year until they're valued fully.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

The Buckeyes are definitely a different story at home, and you know how the Big Ten works with home games, I agree with you completely. Buckeyes will rail Purdue. I Can't Wait!

Wassymac

Looks like the bookmakers know something I don't. I hit OSU hard at -19.5. I really didn't expect this line to be under 20. I really think emotions plays a big role today. Purdue's season ended a game early when the Loosiers used a late run beat the Boilers on Wednesday. OSU needs the victory to clinch the real Big Ten title. I know 19.5 is a lot to lay but I feel its worth laying if you choose so.

Good luck if you choose to play it.

**EDIT*** I must be tired because I hardly even understand what I wrote. Bottomline...Purdue did not even want to make the trip to Columbus and OSU will run away with this one.
    Last edited by Wassymac; 03-05-06 at 01:20 AM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

not a game of choice i'd play bud. good luck with it if you choose to do it.

Wassymac

Thanks BBD. As a Purdue fan I feel like it would be a huge accomplishment to keep this within 20. Honestly I don't expect many to follow today but I'm comfortable with laying this type of number.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Wassy Looking at this game I must admit Ohio State could win this
    game by 30. 19.5 is always alot to lay. But Purdue is so bad on
    road and Ohio St so good @ home. I think I will put something on
    them for sure. Thanks bro!!

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

One more thing Wassy!

Look at these stats. I am sure this will make you feel better.

Purdue on road= 58.1 OFF/75.1 DEF
    Ohio St @ Home=77.6 OFF/60.8 DEF.

+19.5 on OFF.. -14.3 on DEF
    thats 33.8pts a game.

Ohio St 76
    Purdue 50

Thats how I see it.

Wassymac

Wouldn't ya know it...a half point miss. Sorry for those that followed and didn't get a cheaper price. Crazily I did add 1.5* at -17.5 and added 5* at -10.5 2H so I finished down a couple units but down 8* for the posted play.

I really thought I'd get it all the way until ol' Bobby Buckets came in and sparked a quick 6 point run for the Boilers with a few minutes left. Then the Buckeyes went on a run to save my behind and actually got it to 21 with a minute left. Also, OSU going 4-24 from behind the arc didn't help but no excuses here as I was lucky to only be down a couple units.

Be ready for these Boilers next year...its going to be quite the turnaround IMHO (although it doesn't get much worse)
    Last edited by Wassymac; 03-05-06 at 01:16 PM.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tough one Wassy, I also had the Buckeyes.