bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

UCONN is a better team than Duke

I do not care what people say, but UCONN is the better team. Yeah Duke is ranked number one and are undefeated in the ACC, but the Big East is a tougher conference this year. If Duke were to play in the Big East this year, their record would be alot different then it is now. UCONN has to play with the likes of Villanova, West Viginia, Pittsbugh, and Georgetown. Oh! yeah, let me remind everyone Duke lost to Georgetown who is ranked fifth in the Big East. Just imagine if they had to play the other top four teams at least twice. UCONN in my opinion is a strong team who is going to win it all. With players like Marcus Williams (8.6assists), Rudy Gay (15.9ppg, 6.8reb), and four more who are avg almost ten or more points per game. They play together maybe better than North Carolina did last year. Duke is getting all the hype, but everyone better watch out for the Huskies.

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

True, Duke would not be undefeated going into the ghetto that is the Big East conference. UCONN is the more talented team, but teams like Duke play better together than teams like UCONN. I say this even though Duke would have 2 more national championships in the last 5 years if UCONN did not exist. This being in 99 with that great team of Brand, Maggette, Langdon, and Battier. Also 2 years ago with Duhon. If there are "locks" for the Final 4 which there are not, both of these teams would be there, but I do beleive Duke stands the better chance of getting upset in the regionals while UCONN stands a better chance to get upset in the second round. But, I expect they will both by 12 miles from my house come April 1st.

Duke players consistantly live up to their talent level while sometimes UCONN players play inconsistant and don't give it their all. Is anyone more hyped than Rudy Gay and sometimes he doesn't even play like he cares. They were probably be more talented last year with Villaneuva in the mix than this year and they didn't come through a year ago even though they were not in the same league as UNC. Overall, UCONN is the more talented, but Duke plays more like a team.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

they are definitely the more talented team, but Coach K gets the calls...it would be an interesting championship game...

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pags11
    they are definitely the more talented team, but Coach K gets the calls...it would be an interesting championship game...

Yeah, last year aside, how many times in the Championship game do you have #1 all year going against #2 all year. Hardly ever works out that way. The next 2 games will be critical to see if Duke's Redick is actually wearing down as his last 2 games have by far been his worst all year. Same thing happened last year with them too.