EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Saturday Total

Memphis/UCLA OVER 134
    Originally, the UNDER looked to be pretty sexy to me. I expect some physical play inside, but the more I look & read about this game .. the more I think the OVER is going to sneak in here. I believe Memphis must & will get out in transition early vs. UCLA. The Tigers have to establish a bit of a frenetic pace to this one I think to get the Bruins out of their comfort zone. Memphis has been very aggressive in the tourney as far as getting to the foul line, which is what you need to gain an over. 30+ foul shots in all four games to this point and if it's Rose & CDR being aggressive and getting to the line, believe in Memphis to make 65% or more. UCLA has shown a better ability to get to the line as the tourney has progressed, getting to the stripe 18 & 35 times in the last two games. If the two teams can get over 50 FT attempts, the feeling is that should get 30+ points to add to the total.

In their last 10 games, Memphis is averaging 27 FGs made per contest, while UCLA is averaging 26 made FGs. That right there is 106 points, not taking into account a handful of 3 pointers that should be made which should give for a total of anywhere from 112 to 116 off of made FGs. Defensively over that same span, Memphis is allowing 22.5 FGs made per game. UCLA is yielding 22.9 FGs during that stretch. As a total, you'd see about 90 points yielded strictly from those FGs and then toss in 3s and that figure would be anywhere from 95-100 points. Factor in that Memphis has given up at least 24 FGs per contest in the NCAAs & UCLA is averaging over 25 FGs made per contest, heavily skewed down because of the poor performance vs. A&M where they made just 19. If you go solely based on the averages in the 10 game stretch, you'd get a combined 49 FGs made & adjust that to factor in anywhere from 5-10 3 PTs made and you get between 103 & 108 points. Toss in the FTs and I believe this # will squeak out somewhere around 136 or more.

13th Street
    13th Street's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

I agree. I like the OVER as well.
    Although I'm buying it down to 133, but I think the total should be around 136 in this game.
    I've like this all week and the total is going down.
    It worries me that LT Profits in on the UNDER b/c he's pretty accurate on his Total Posts.

OVER 133

Hey Man, do you have any Opinions on the UNC/Kan Total?
    I have a slight lean to the UNDER, but this game has the potential to become high scoring. Just wondering.

Good Luck.

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like it alot.....

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Street View Post
    I agree. I like the OVER as well.
    Hey Man, do you have any Opinions on the UNC/Kan Total?
    I have a slight lean to the UNDER, but this game has the potential to become high scoring. Just wondering.
    Everyone seems to be on the under from what I have seen and the # has climbed I think 5 points since it opened last weekend. I saw 160 earlier, now I think at 159. I think it's a crapshoot, but lean to the under because I think Kansas is going to win and I don't think they're going to win a game where both teams go into the 80s.

13th Street
    13th Street's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Thanks Man. I think I will wait for a Halftime line of the UNC/Kan game and see what the Total is at that time.

GL

EaglesPhan36

Honestly, I would just play a side in the KU/UNC game. Pick your poison and live or die with it. The total can go anywhere.