BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Has the Big Ten peaked in NCAAB?

Both their representatives got annihilated yesterday and no team was able to get past the regional semifinals this year for the first time in a long time.

Wisconsin embarrassed themselves against the Southern Conference champs (one of the weakest conferences out there) in a site friendly place like Detroit, and MSU was completely outclassed by Memphis in a game that wasn't even competitive outside the first 5 minutes.

Not just that, Indiana lost to a very mediocre team in Arkansas and Purdue lost to one of the most overrated teams in Xavier--of course, Purdue was one of the most overrated teams themselves.

Throw in the fact that the ACC/Big Ten challenge is a joke (only MSU can boast a winning record in that competition after almost a decade) and the bottom 4 teams in the league were beyond horrid (Iowa, Penn State, Michigan, and Northwestern). I mean, I still consider the Big Ten pretty good and there are some elite players and coaches to be sure, but the gap between say a mid major like the MVC is closing, while the gap with other power conferences like the ACC, Big East and Pac-10 is growing.

St. Andrew
    St. Andrew's Avatar Become A Pro!

There was time earlier this year when I thought Indiana couldn't be beat. Too bad their coach ****ed the program in probably its best year.

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Such a great post Buddy. One of your best

twtb19
    twtb19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

The big 10 is going downhill in bball and football. They have been aweful in both sports lately.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by Wassymac View Post
    Such a great post Buddy. One of your best

Are we being sarcastic here?

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Are we being sarcastic here?
    It was a little and I apologize for it. I didn't intend to come across as a smartass as I do respect your opinion.

Obviously the Big Ten is down as everyone has been saying all year but IMO they have more likely bottomed than peaked. The influx of coaching the last few years will have this conference on the rise. With so many new coaches this was a bit of a transition year for the conference.

Indiana will obviously be way down
    Wisky should have a bit of a drop off
    MSU will be better
    Purdue will be better and will live in the top 10 for atleast the next 3 years
    OSU will be better
    Iowa will be better
    Illinois has a ton of talent coming in and should be better
    Michigan will be much improved with another year on the new system
    Minnesota will continue to improve under Tubby
    NW & PSU will be bad just like any other year

The comment about Xavier and Purdue being overrated I just didn't get at all.