EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thursday Totals

I know alot of you concentrate on sides for these match-ups, but as we get further along, there seems to be a bit less value in sides. Seeing totals tonight I really dig. Thoughts appreciated!

Xavier/WV OVER 135
    Both WV's tourney games have played to 140. Xavier had a big total of 163 vs. Purdue and just 134 vs. Georgia, but that was a poor shooting game for X and they still almost cleared tonight's total. What I love hear to help boost the total is X's ability to get to the FT line. In their two tourney games, they've shot an astounding 66 FTs. 33 per game and they've made close to 80% of those. WV went to the line 22 times vs. Duke and the Blue Devils went to the line 32, so I really like the possibility of getting 40 points or more from the line alone in this one if both teams remain aggressive. I see this one playing out to at least 140, perhaps more.

Louisville/Tennessee UNDER 146
    Bruce Pearl said yesterday that he doesn't want to get in a track meet with Pitino's Cards and that should bode well for a possible Under in a game that might be a bit more defensive minded that you'd think. The four combined tourney games for these two teams featured totals of 147 or less and the 147 was in UT's OT game vs. Butler. I think Louisville's zone D will stifle Tennessee somewhat in this one if they can keep them in the half court game. And vice versa, I think Tennessee's D can do a better job of matching up athletically than OU's D did in the last game. Something that could help as well is Louisville struggling from the line. Amid their solid run, they've only shot 50% from the line in 2 games. I think this one plays in the high 60s or low 70s to sneak under the #. OT of course would be a concern as I expect a real tight game.

junkman773
    junkman773's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great Write ups!!!

Good Luck

OLGC_Slayer
    OLGC_Slayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck.

griffijf
    griffijf's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with both of these, best of luck, nice write ups.

13th Street
    13th Street's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Yeah, Nice write-ups!

I'm on both of these as well.
    I really like the OVER 136 XAV vs. WVU
    Should be a lot of scoring throughout.

I'm betting the UNDER LOU vs TEN, but I'm not as confident in this one. Should be a more defensive game.

GL

Spready
    Spready's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice ones, GL to ya all

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sounds good...I might just jump on these

EaglesPhan36

UNC/Washington State OVER 141
    I haven't changed my mind since this line came out at 142.5 and now it's further in favor of what I believe will occur. So many people seem to think WSU is going to have similar success in keeping the point total down with UNC that they did with Notre Dame. Large difference in talent though IMO with the Irish full of shooters and a post presence whereas the Heels have shooters, scorers and Hansborough. I made the point over the weekend and here it is again:

In all of UNC's games this season, the total has been under 141 - a grand total of 4 times! 3 of those came in the first month of the season. And outside of the 121 in the Ohio State game, the other three "unders" were 134 vs. Va.Tech, 136 vs. BYU and 140 vs. Davidson. Those totals failed because of the opposition's failure to shoot above 40%. Even if their blowout over Arkansas, the Razorbacks shot 48% against UNC.

The opposite argument is WSU's totals haven't gone above 141 except in 4 games. Let's look at those, 3 have come in the last 5 games against teams that can score - Stanford, Oregon, Washington. All put up 70+ and gave up about 70 ppg to WSU. The 4th game was an 86-74 win over Boise State in November. A Boise team that is very similar to UNC in its wanting to push the pace. WSU surrendered 50%+ shooting that game and shot 56.2%.

Bottom line for me, I believe UNC wears down a fairly thin WSU team with pressure & tempo. Look for UNC to continue to rack up points with close to 80 ... I believe WSU can be effective enough to get into the 60s or more.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 03-27-08 at 04:22 PM.

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

nice write up. that will be a no play for me.

EaglesPhan36

Took the UNC over at 140.5.

marley33
    marley33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I have to disagree on the TEN UL total. Too many street ballers, I see this as an up and down 3 pt fest. Not much defense here, I look for this game to be in the 80's with UT winning outright by 4

JGray1
    JGray1's Avatar Become A Pro!

with a little help with ot nice nite, washington state is a joke apparently they work to hard on defense out there and forget to practice shooting anytime unc and 140 141 in the same sentence its hard to stay off the over. get em tomorrow

OLGC_Slayer
    OLGC_Slayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

2-1 is pretty good. OT total cover always helps.