Saunders FTW
    Saunders FTW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

The Michigan St will beat memphis thread

Its going to happen

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I'm a big fan of Michigan State, don't remember the last time I wagered against them. But I like Memphis chance to win this game quite a bit..

YoungMoney23
    YoungMoney23's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah bro, I think the tigers handle that Nietzel the Nazi and his crew

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pretty sure Memphis wins and covers in this one, though it would make me feel really swell if I knew I could at least count on 60% from the stripe for them. Seriously, I played HS ball and went down to the court yesterday after a couple weeks off, just to shoot around ya' know. I hit 68 out of 100 FT's. Not great, but I hadn't shot a ball in two weeks. And the "well, the pressure's on" argument gets no love from me. These kids live to be in that moment. Fatigue can play a part, but I don't buy the pressure angle.

DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by babaoriley View Post
    Pretty sure Memphis wins and covers in this one, though it would make me feel really swell if I knew I could at least count on 60% from the stripe for them. Seriously, I played HS ball and went down to the court yesterday after a couple weeks off, just to shoot around ya' know. I hit 68 out of 100 FT's. Not great, but I hadn't shot a ball in two weeks. And the "well, the pressure's on" argument gets no love from me. These kids live to be in that moment. Fatigue can play a part, but I don't buy the pressure angle.
    I don't handicap NCAA, so I don't know that much about it. However, I saw that Mem - Miss St game. I couldn't believe how bad they shoot from the FT line. I am amazed they managed to be a #1 seed. I honestly believe, just by watching them, they will lose a close game to a high ranking team. The sad part is, I have them in my Bracket to win the whole thing.

thegreatdiatchi
    thegreatdiatchi's Avatar Become A Pro!

If any of the #1 seeds lose this round I think it's Memphis. However something tells me all the #1's will be fine until the Elite 8.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Mich St, by 5

Saunders FTW

The problem with Memphis is that they never have a good perimeter game, its always slashing to the basket scoring/offensive rebound scoring, or interior play scoring

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I'm in with you Saunders.

Bigcrank23
    Bigcrank23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DukeJohn View Post
    I don't handicap NCAA, so I don't know that much about it. However, I saw that Mem - Miss St game. I couldn't believe how bad they shoot from the FT line. I am amazed they managed to be a #1 seed. I honestly believe, just by watching them, they will lose a close game to a high ranking team. The sad part is, I have them in my Bracket to win the whole thing.
    I agree that they are horrible from the line, and I have been saying all year long they cant put away a close game because of their poor FTs, but the fact is not many of their games come down to this. They are pretty much playing street ball out there on offense and have many playmakers on the floor at all times. It works for them and I say they can shoot %50 from the line tonight and still cover this spread. Gl

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcrank23 View Post
    I agree that they are horrible from the line, and I have been saying all year long they cant put away a close game because of their poor FTs, but the fact is not many of their games come down to this. They are pretty much playing street ball out there on offense and have many playmakers on the floor at all times. It works for them and I say they can shoot %50 from the line tonight and still cover this spread. Gl
    I agree. FT % is a factor, but this game will come down to a battle between athletics & speed versus defensive tenacity & discipline. State MUST slow these guys down, though, if for no other reason than to get a psychological edge.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

wow

remmy358
    remmy358's Avatar Become A Pro!

michigan state is ready for this game...neitzel lights it up.

FT's cost memphis the win...go m state.

Saunders FTW

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I'm in with you Saunders.

Lets do it big LT

remmy358
    remmy358's Avatar Become A Pro!

im huge on michigan state ML.

i hope their big's can stay out of foul trouble. if so they win.

MoneySportsGuy
    MoneySportsGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am with MSU on this

Lets go Spartans!

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

memphis baby--- but a close 1 with mich state coverin 5