j$
    j$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Davidson vs Gonzaga & St Mary's vs Miami FL

would like some input on these games if u have any info please post ... my first thoughts are davidson and miami will win but nothings for sure anymore

SchlepRock
    SchlepRock's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gonzaga

andyman009
    andyman009's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think davidson and st marys...i have davidson making it to the elite 8 as this years surprise...plus location greatly favors davidson as it will practically be a homegame for them...miami has been so inconsistent this year, who knows what team will show up...st marys on the otherhand has been consistently solid (with exception of their home loss to kent state)...location favors miami slightly, but not enough to make a difference...i think turnovers and carelessness will doom miami which is why st marys wins that...then again, like u said, nothings for sure in the tourny especially when predicting 7/10 matchups

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love Davidson, but procede with caution....I am 4-7 through the first day ats.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by andyman009 View Post
    location greatly favors davidson as it will practically be a homegame for them
    I think you have this right. I consider this pretty much a homegame. Game roughly 100 miles from campus, in Raleigh. On the other hand, Gonzaga almost could not be traveling further. Add to that the fact that Davidson has just been a phenom this year. One of only three teams in the country to sweep their conference schedule (Memphis, Cornell). I'm leaning Davidson.

MrFresh
    MrFresh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miami is my play. Miami played in a tough conference unlike St Mary's who also was inconsistent down the stretch

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

I like both Davidson and Saint Mary's. I have Davidson going to the Elite 8 in my SBR Bracket.

If either one becomes underdog, I will hit the ML.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    I like both Davidson and Saint Mary's. I have Davidson going to the Elite 8 in my SBR Bracket.

I think both of those sides are the correct ones tomorrow. Zags are basically playing on the road.

iladelcat
    iladelcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

i don't trust st mary's freshman guard against miami's athletic guards and we all know that guard play is huge in the tourney....acc vs wcc...enough said...

dannyt76
    dannyt76's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like Davidson and St. Mary's here.

PerfecTrader
    PerfecTrader's Avatar Become A Pro!

Davidson and Miami

Cee
    Cee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by iladelcat View Post
    i don't trust st mary's freshman guard against miami's athletic guards and we all know that guard play is huge in the tourney....acc vs wcc...enough said...
    mcclinton is gonna get sick with it i hope

Cee

Quote Originally Posted by PerfecTrader View Post
    Davidson and Miami
    Hope so, i like money

rynop123
    rynop123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 147

Got the Over for first half in the zags game Spread has been increasing while the first half seems so low. First half spread 64.5 while the game is 141. What do you guys think??

PerfecTrader
    PerfecTrader's Avatar Become A Pro!

Davidson = the car
    Zags = the girl

lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvIZp...eature=related

polishkielbasa10
    polishkielbasa10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4789

Went 6-1 yesterday, with a retarded pick on mvst...I thought only the womens d1 teams could cover that big of a spred in the tourney..ridiculous, they should be banned from d1, anyballs..I like the zags. Home game or not, the fact remains all this hype on these smaller schools is bs...They hype them up to make for tv..as we saw yesterday, the better teams won, regardless of seed...zags played in a tougher conference and are clearly the better team...ya, davidson played well against duke and a few others...but that was 4 months ago

iladelcat

no doubt cee...i need to get back on track after getting smashed last week during conference tourneys!!!.."damn you minnesota" sorry a flashback

Cee

no doubt cee...i need to get back on track after getting smashed last week during conference tourneys!!!.."damn you minnesota" sorry a flashback
    man, i hate those guys. I lost on minn as well vs md.

iladelcat

they got miami at +1....man..this is the steal for the day in my eyes and i keep researching to try and find somethin thats a glaring weakness for me not to take miami and i just can't!!! i took the +100 moneyline and put .5 unit on it...

Cee

they got miami at +1....man..this is the steal for the day in my eyes and i keep researching to try and find somethin thats a glaring weakness for me not to take miami and i just can't!!! i took the +100 moneyline and put .5 unit on it...
    go canes

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

davidson and miami are bets for me today...

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

WOW, you chose two games I actiually played!

MIAMI - I will take a mid-level ACC team over any WCC team at a Pick'em on a neutral court every time.

GONZAGA - Davidson has that long winning streak, but they have ZERO quality wins all year and should not be favored here.

andyman009

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post

haha glad to know im not the only one who has davidson makin it to the elite 8

andyman009

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post

GONZAGA - Davidson has that long winning streak, but they have ZERO quality wins all year and should not be favored here.
    you cant punish a team for not having any really good teams on their schedule...they had mediocre teams which they took care of easily and did not falter once...the teams that beat them also happen to be the elite of the elite in the nation (i hate to say that about duke)..

LT Profits

Right, and I would agree andy if Davidson were underdogs. But as favorites, the fact that they were unable to WIN any of those close early season games they had is a knock against them.

andyman009

according to vegas davidson's not a dog...according to ncaa rpi and power rankings they are...that doesnt take into consideration location however...the only quality wins i give gonzaga were to st mary and uconn AT uconn...but the uconn win was over 3 months ago....should be a good game tho

LT Profits

Right, the betting line is all that matters. Never take a team with no quality wins as a favorite (or even at Pick) vs. a team that has a couple.

andyman009

ive only been in the betting game for 3 months..be patient with me o wise one (no sarcasm intended)

LT Profits

In fact, you just admited that based on power ratings, Gonzaga holds the value as a dog on a neutral court. Davidson will have the fan support, but it is still not their home court.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

were talking about the same St. Mary's that got thumped on there home court towards the end of the regular season by Kent St. ,the same Kent St. that got thumped by UNLV yesterday, i'm on the Canes who are 7-0 ATS in non-conference games this year.

andyman009

well power rankings are a little biased....davidson can't be punished for not playing really good teams that arent considered elite (ie uconn, st mary, unlv, arizona)...thats like saying:

team A has a three game losing streak, last 3 games are vs ucla, unc, memphis

team B has a five game winning streak, last 5 games are vs rutgers, njit, manhattan, south florida, youngstown

team B wins because team A is on a 3 game losing streak and team B is on a 5 game win streak...the fact of the matter is, team A didnt get a chance to showoff its talent....ahh it just felt like i wasnt on spring break right now and sitting in class

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

i dont see how the canes are a pick em. should be a 3 pt fave imo. go canes

ryanXL977

boy, miami looks bad

andyman009

inconsistency showing

ryanXL977

hope they donbt shoot 11% all game!