Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Connecticut @ Providence

CONNECTICUT HUSKIES 23-6 @ PROVIDENCE FRIARS 14-14
    March 6, 7:00 PM | Dunkin Donuts Center

There is alot more to this matchup then meets the eye.

After Villanova ended UConn's 10 game winning streak, they have bounced back nicely and started a new 2 game streak. The Huskies are 12-4 in conference and need to keep winning to get that 'all important' first round bye in the Big East Tournament.

The Huskies are one of the most talented teams in the conference. Their point guard AJ Price has really devloped his game after the suspension of Jerome Dyson. It forced AJ to bring his best and that is exactly what he's done. Leading his team in scoring and assists , as well as hitting some huge shots in crunch time. They have a much improved frontcourt, who really compliments their guard play. Hasheem Thabeet affects several shots inside, and also has improved on the offensive end. Jeff Adrien brings the muscle down low and he is avg a career high 15 and 9. Stanley Robinson brings the athletism to the group, he is a high riser who occasionally hits the outside shot. Jim Calhoun has done a wonderful job devloping these young kids.

Providence just ended a 5 game losing skid after beating Cincinnati in overtime last time out. They have had a tough year, bringing a 5-11 conference record into this game. The Friars have been competive throughout this season but their problems on the defensive end have killed them late in the game.

Noone will question this teams ability to score the rock. The Friars are one of the scariest teams in the conference to play because the way they shoot the ball from distance can beat anybody on any given night. They are very guard oriented and bring all kinds of shooters. Jeff Xavier, Brian McKenzie, Weyinmi Efejuku, Dwain Williams, Geoff McDermott all average double figures and they are all guards! Oh and Sharaud Curry is out for the season but he would be avg double digits as well. You can assume they are weak underneath and they are. Randall Hanke is their only productive player down low. This team lives and dies by the 3.

Providence comes into this one w/ all kinds of motivation. They need this win to reach the Big East Tournament and also be eligible for the NIT. However that is just the tip of the Iceberg. Coach Tim Welsh is on the hott seat and this is most likely his last game if they loss tonight. He is a players coach and the kids have enjoyed playing for him, and they don't want their season to end tonight!

The Friars will turn all that motivation into lights out three point shooting early on. UConn does not play great perimiter defense and that is what will allow Providence to score in bunches. The crowd will get behind them the entire game because they are aware how important this game is. Nobody ever wants their season to come to an end, w/o any postseason play. Look for the Friars' best effort of the season tonight.

I don't know if that will be enough to hold of the Huskies but they have escaped several games on the road. Their 4 road wins during their 10 game streak were wins by 1,2,5, and 1. The last loss before their streak began was to this Providence team @ home by 12 points.

The Huskies are a different team now, but the Friars have added confidence that they can beat this team along w/ all that motivation.

The Huskies might pull this one out late, but I expect a very strong first 20 minutes from Providence tonight.

Score Prediction (1st half) Providence 34 - UConn 30

Play Providence +2.5 (-105) 1st half
    Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 03-06-08 at 02:41 PM.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Betjam doesn't let you buy points for 1st half's so I just locked it in @ 2.5

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice write up LK1. I passed on the first half and decided to play Providence +4. Good luck tonight.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Thanks Illusion,

Gundog
    Gundog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Great write up LVK. This one was hard for me to try and cap.
    I had PC picked on my card tonight. I think they will pull out a Win.
    Good Luck

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Friars +5, and 148 Under, that's my play!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Congrats to those who followed

Halftime score 33-32

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Hopefully Providence pulls it out for the game, since most of you on are that.

I think they win SU tonight.

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Louisvillekid, good call on the 1h. Now let's have UCONN pull away to cover that -4 spread in my BBP. Go Huskies 2nd half!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Thanks buzzy

buztah

Man this game is real close so far. 41-38 here with 15 mins to go but providence is playing these guys tough. Phuck!

buztah

41 all. UCONN simply cannot guard vs the 3. Unphuckenreal! Kox!

buztah

Warm up the buses, boyz. The huskies are phucked. The books win big cuz the joes were all over UCONN tonight. I've simply never seen such poor perimeter defense. Everyone in the world knows that the Friars will shoot the 3 but the Huskies. Phuck em!

buztah

Phuckers can't hit phucken free throws! can't make easy jumpers and can't make layups! This is supposed to be an elite program!

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

you seem to do good with these halftime bets. solid Sheeeeet again my brother.

buztah

Another missed jumper for UCONN! Phuck you, Huskies! I said PHUCK YOU!

buztah

Prep school pimple ass phux managed to tie at 46. Watch em phuck up now and give up a 3 pointer.

buztah

Oh that's right, UCONN. Commit more fouls. That'll help.

buztah

PHUCK MAKE THE FREE THROWS!!!!!!!!! WTF is wrong with you people! You are scholarship athletes at a top program and you can't make a phucken free throw? PHUCK!

buztah

JESUS CHRIST! Another 3 pointer! PHUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

buztah

59-54 friars with 5 mins left. If the friars widen this lead it's all over. UCONN can't shoot or defend for shit. Their only hope of winning (forget covering -- that hope is phucking dead) is for Providence to get into serious foul trouble.

buztah

Jesus Phucking Christ! 62-53! Motherphuck!

buztah

This is a GODDAMN DISGRACE!

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

UCONN can go suck a dick. Same as Clemson.

mrpphimself
    mrpphimself's Avatar Become A Pro!

are u even watchin this game? you're bitching about making free throws and uconn is 15-17 ... the "phucking" problem is dyson is ****in godawful and needs to get off the court

buztah

The whole team is phucking shit! No heart no talent! Plus Prov is shorthanded and still pounding that prepschool asssss!

buztah

UCONN doesn't have the faintest idea of how to even set up a play. I'm absophuckenlutely bewildered with this performance. the books are phucking loving it though.

mrpphimself
    mrpphimself's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm not sure who calhoun is kidding with keeping dyson in this game. he takes horrific shots, travels, and takes silly fouls. get that little worthless shit out

buztah

calhoun is a joke.

buztah

AJ price couldn't throw the ball in the ocean.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

No kidding Buzzy...everyone was probably all over Uconn. I was debating tossing a unit on them but the line was -5 when I first saw it at Betjam.

buztah

Diogee, all UCONN backers are squares and stuck pigs.

buztah

There's no way in hell UCONN wins. The Rice team would beat the Lakers before UCONN won here the way they're playing tonight. No heart. No talent. no D.

buztah

AJ PRICE PHUCK YOU! Another miss!

YoungMoney23
    YoungMoney23's Avatar Become A Pro!

They have talent, they just arent playing well tonight - they arent ranked #14 for absolutely no reason at all

12 Last