Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Big East Wednesday 14-8 [63.6%] +6.05 units

9:00p

WEST VIRGINIA MOUNTAINEERS 19-8 @ DEPAUL BLUE DEMONS 10-16
    February 27, 9:00 PM | Allstate Arena

West Virginia comes into this game 8-6 in the conference and winners of 3 out of the last 4. They have been a very inconsistent team this season, and has not faired well in close games. Bobby Huggins is a great motivater which has me some what confused on their inconsistent play. They need every win they can get to get into the NCAA tournament. There are 4 remaining games left and they must get to 10 wins in the conference. A loss tonight could be determintal to their postseason hopes.

The Mountaineers have looked much better as of late. Their struggles have come when they settle for too many jumpers and which when missed, of course give easy baskets going the other way. I've also witnessed some confidence issues as well this season. Joe Alexander is the heart of the team and they really thrive off his energy. When he gets involved early in the game its a very good sign for WVU fans. Darius Nichols does a good job off taking what the defense gives him and gettin other players involved. When he is on his game, he is solid PG. Alex Ruoff can shoot the lights out and he needs more touches. Da'Sean Butler also is very agressive w/ the rock and provides another scoring option.

DePaul is reeling right now and are on the verge of missing the trip to MSG for the Big East Tournament. They have dropped 7 of 8 w/ their lone win coming at home against last place South Florida. They have played well their last 2 times out , which we short losses on the road to UConn and Seton Hall. I thought for sure this team was an NIT team but they just play no defense. I've seen this team get their heads down early in games when small things go wrong and that results in turnovers and easy points for their opponets. Im not expecting this team to fold because as of now they are occuping the 12th spot in the tournament. Battling for that spot is rivals St. John's and Providence.

Don't sell the Blue Demons short on the offensive end. They have some ballers who just know how to put the ball in the hole. Lead by Draelon Burns who is an excellent one on one player. He is going to get his 15+ points that is just a given. They have guys who can come out to the perimiter and score but they just take alot of bad shots. Dar Tucker, Mac Koshwal, & Will Walker also provide scoring threats (all avg in double figures).

I think after this two close loses the Blue Demons have suffered and dropping 7 of 8 they are depleted as a team. All of that takes a toll on you especially when your 10-16 overall and 5-9 in the conference. Their just isn't much left to play for expect securing spot @ MSG.

The Mountaineers on the other hands have a completely different approach to their future. This is a "MUST WIN" to get into the tournament and they have enough talent to make some noise in march. Their perimiter defense is solid and Huggy Bear will have his guys defensive minded tonight. DePaul is going to score but they just won't be able to keep up in this one. I don't see the home crowd becoming much of a factor either. Look for WVU to force about 15 TO's leading to easy buckets in transition and crisp passing in the half court game.

Score Predection: WVU 77 - DePaul 65

Play WVU -5

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

9:00p

ST. JOHN'S RED STORM 10-16 @ GEORGETOWN HOYAS 22-4
    February 27, 9:00 PM | Verizon Center

St. John's, well im just not sure where to start w/ this team. They have dropped 4 straight and just aren't a very good basketball team. Similar to DePaul all they have left to play for is a trip to MSG, that even if they made it would most likely be a one and done anyway. They are currently 1 game back from DePaul for that last vacancy.

Say you what you will about this team, but take nothing away from their star Anthony Mason Jr. This kid by himself keeps them in games, and just is a pure scorer. He has a future awaiting for him in the next level IMO. The rest of the team is made of a few streaky shooters but their roster just doesn't have much to offer.

Georgetown is tied for first place in the conference w/ Louisville and need this win if they want the regular season title. More than that, they need a solid team win which they haven't really had too much of the last month or so. After dropping 2 of 3 they have bounced back nicely w/ a 10 point win and a 20 point win. They were very impressive on the defensive end against Cincy last game out.

Im not going to dive into their roster like I normally do because if your reading this and can't name 5 players on this team, then you shouldn't be betting anywany. You know the names Hibbert,Wallace,Summers,Sapp,Freeman,Riv ers and Ewing Jr.

Georgetown has 3 games left and besides this one they are very tough. They travel to Marquette and then back home for a rematch w/ their biggest competition Louisville. This is nothing more than a prep game and that's doesn't mean they are going to take this lightly. Georgetown's Defense is going stifle this jonnies and they might not score 40 tonight. Roy Hibbert can score 50 in this game if he wanted too, but 18 will be sufficent.

My guess is the jonnies will come out in zone, but it doesn't matter because Hoyas are going to get a ton of points on the break as well as in the paint.

These teams met early this season @ MSG and Gtown won 74-42. If they can do that @ their place imagine what the jonnies are in for tonight in Georgetown. This is just what the doctor ordered for the Hoyas tonight.

Score Prediction: Hoyas 74 - St John's 50

Play Georgetown -17.5
    Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 02-27-08 at 05:50 PM.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Lean on the Pittsburgh / Cincy under but didn't pull the trigger.

MoneySportsGuy
    MoneySportsGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice writeups Louisville, I wasnt going to play GTown with such a big spread but think you convinced me to it! Just have to wait on my 7 P.M. games see how those do...

Goodluck tonight!
    I have West Virginia covering and in some parlays and teasers so lets have a nice outing by Mountaineers tonight!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Thanks MSG,

Yea I don't normally lay that many points, but I'd made an exception in this spot. Hopefully both teams get out of the gate tonight, especially WVU being on the road.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Not a good night Gtown only won by 12. . .

Wednesday 1-1 -0.1 units

Big East 15-9 [62.5%] +5.95 units