diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big Ten Thread 2/25-3/2

Ohio St (17-10) @ -8 #12 Indiana (23-4) o/u 130 7 PM ET ESPN
    Tuesday Big Ten action has the Ohio St Buckeyes traveling Indiana to face the Hoosiers. Indiana is currently 12-2 in conference play and looks to pull into a tie with Wisconsin for the top spot at 13-2. Ohio St is 5th in the conference standings at 8-6 and is looking for a key victory to help get a bid to the tourney. Both of Indiana's conference losses have come to Wisconsin while all of Ohio State's conference wins have come against the bottom 6 teams in the Big Ten.

The Hoosiers
    Indiana is 15-2 in home games this year with losses coming to Uconn and Wisconsin. Indiana is also 41-5 at home the last 3 years. The Hoosiers are 6-8 ATS at home overall and 7-7 ATS against conference opponents. Indiana has put together a 3 game winning since losing at home to Wisconsin. That winning streak includes a key victory over Purdue and a narrow 85-82 victory @ Northwestern 3 days ago in a game that they were favored by 11.5 and shot 56.1%. Indiana is 5-5 ATS and 7-3 SU in their last 10 games which includes both of their home losses, both coming as favorites. The Hoosiers are 10-11 ATS as favorites and 18-3 SU as favorites. Indiana has shot above 42% in each of their last 7 games including 5 of them over 46% and 56.1% in their last game.

The Buckeyes
    Ohio State is 4-6 SU and 6-4 ATS on the road this year. Their lone road win as a favorite came against Illinois. They also have road wins against Clev St, Northwestern, and Penn St. Ohio St is 6-8 ATS against conference opponents and 4-4 ATS as an underdog. Last month Ohio St had a tough road schedule that included a 7 point loss to Purdue, a 6 point loss to Michigan St, and 5 point loss to Tennessee. Ohio St is 5-5 SU in their last 10 games while covering the spread 4 times. Ohio St has shot better than 42% in 4 of their last 7 games including 3 times with less than 40% shooting.

The Shooters
    The Hoosiers have 4 players that average double digits in scoring, led by freshman guard Eric Gordon who averages 21.5 ppg and 2.5 assists per game. DJ White is 2nd on the team averaging 17.1 ppg. Armon Bassett is 3rd averaging 10.8 ppg and is the second on the team in assists with 3.1 apg. Jordan Crawford averages 10.4 ppg. Jamarcus Ellis comes in 5th averaging 7.1 ppg and leads the team in assists with 3.8 per game.

The Buckeyes have 2 players that average double digits in scoring, led by senior guard Jamar Butler with 14.2 ppg. Butler also leads the team with 6.2 assists per game. Kosta Koufos is 2nd on the team with 13.6 ppg and Othella Hunter is 3rd on the team with 9.4 ppg. David Lighty averages 8.6 ppg while averaging 2.2 assists per game. Evan Turner also averages 2.4 apg while chipping in 8.1 ppg. Joe Diebler is the only other player that averages better than 5 ppg with 6.7 ppg.

Offensive Statistics
    The Hoosiers put up 76.6 ppg while shooting 47.7% and 32.3% from beyond the arc. When playing at home Indiana averages 80.6 ppg while shooting 49.9% from the floor and 40.1% from downtown. Ohio St averages 67.3 ppg while shooting 45.5% from the floor and 33.8% from downtown. When playing on the road Ohio St averages 64.5 ppg with 43.2% shooting from the floor and 30.4% from beyond the arc. Indiana has the edge from the free throw line while shooting 77.1% compared to the 69.6% by the Buckeyes. Indiana averages 14 assists, 18 fouls, and 14 turnovers per game. Ohio St averages 15 assists, 14 fouls, and 14 assists per game.

Defensive Statistics
    Indiana allows 63.6 ppg while holding opponents to 40.4% from the floor and 33.6% from downtown. When playing at home Indiana allows 61.9 ppg, 40.5% shooting, and 36% shooting from beyond the arc. Ohio St allows 60 ppg while limiting opponents to 38% from the floor and 27.4% from beyond the arc. On the road they allow 64.3 ppg, 40.2% shooting from the floor, and 32.5% from beyond the arc. The Hoosiers average 38 rebounds per game, with 10 of them being offensive, and hold opponents to 30 rebounds per game. DJ White leads the Hoosiers in rebounding with 10.4 rpg while Jamarcus Ellis is 2nd with 7.2 rpg. The Buckeyes average 37 rebounds per game, with 10 coming on the offensive side, while allowing 38 rebounds per game by opponents. Kosta Koufos leads Ohio St with 7.1 rpg while Othello Hunter is 2nd with 6.4 rpg. Indiana averages 7 steals and 4 blocks per game while Ohio St averages 6 steals and 4 blocks per game.

Last Meeting
    Feb 10th, 2008
    The #13 ranked Hoosiers traveled as 2.5 point dogs to Columbus to face the Ohio State Buckeyes. The game was close throughout the first half and Indiana took a 29-21 lead into the locker room. Three minutes into the half Ohio St pulled within 2 points of the Hoosiers but would never take the lead or get any closer. The Hoosiers led by as much as 11 points and fended off one last charge by the Buckeyes to hang onto a 59-53 win. DJ White led the Hoosiers with 21 points and 13 rebounds while Eric Gordon added 15 points. Crawford scored 8 points and dished out 7 assists for Indiana. Kosta Koufos led the Buckeyes with 18 points and 9 rebounds. Joe Diebler chipped in 14 points for Ohio St. The Hoosiers shot 24-57 (42.1%) while the Buckeyes went 21-53 (39.6%). The Buckeyes were 7-27 (25.9%) from beyond the arc while the Hoosiers were 4-18 (22.2%) from downtown. Ohio St commited 13 fouls while Indiana commited 10 fouls. The Hoosiers were 7-7 from the free throw line and Ohio St was 4-8 from the line. Both teams dished out 13 assists while Indiana grabbed 30 rebounds compared to the 29 by Ohio St. The Buckeyes turned the ball over 10 times while the Hoosiers only turned the ball over 6 times.

The Current line has the Hoosiers favored by 8 points with the total set at 130. My pick: Ohio St +8 with a possible play on under 130.
    Last edited by diogee; 02-26-08 at 03:17 AM.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice write up....I'm also on Ohio St in this one but not sure about the under..with Indiana, how does NW score 82 on them?? NW only averages 59 in conference games and 63 on the season so I worry about what they are doing defensively since Sampson has been replaced.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

Thanks Westside...with that being said it may be best to stay away from the total on this one. I was looking for things to return a little bit towards normal for the Hoosiers, but I guess it may take a couple more games to see how Dakich's coaching methods affect the style of play.

WestsidePete

exactly...and I think they will struggle for a couple of games to beat teams big as well....getting +8 for Ohio St looks good...Hoosiers may win but it will be close....

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

Sticking with Ohio St +8 for sure...Glad to see you on the same side.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

Northwestern (7-18) at -8.5 Michigan (9-18) o/u 128 9PM ET
    The Late Big Ten match-up has Northwestern Wildcats traveling to Ann Arbor to face the Michigan Wolverines. The Wildcats are still looking for their first conference win and are at the bottom of the Big Ten at 0-14. The Wolverines are also towards the bottom at 5-10 in conference play.

The Wolverines
    Michigan is 5-7 SU and 4-7 ATS when playing at home this year. Michigan is 7-3 ATS during their last 10 games overall and 4-6 SU during that span. The Wolverines are 2-5 ATS and 3-4 SU when playing as a favorite. Michigan has had their 2 worst shooting performances of the year during their last 2 games. They shot 31.4% in a 69-60 loss @ Minnesota and 30.4% in a 49-43 win vs Illinois. Michigan is 9-6 ATS in conference play and have SU wins against Northwestern, Penn St, Iowa, Ohio St, and Illinois.

The Wildcats
    Northwestern looks to break a 7 game losing streak and notch their first conference win when they travel to face the Wolverines. The Wildcats have lost their last 2 games by a combined 5 points included a 85-82 loss at Indiana on Sunday. The Wildcats are 2-9 SU on the road and 7-3 ATS on the road. Northwestern is 8-9 ATS as an underdog and 1-16 SU as a dog with their only win coming against W Michigan. Northwestern is 5-5 ATS in their last 10 lined games while going 1-9 SU in that stretch. During that span they have lost 7 games by double digits. The Wildcats 6-8 ATS against conference opponents.

The Shooters
    The Wolverines have 2 players that average double digits in scoring led by freshman guard Manny Harris who averages 16.2 ppg and leads the team in assists with 2.9 apg. Deshawn Sims is second on the team with 13 ppg. Kelvin Grady averages 6 ppg and is 2nd on the team with 2.7 assists per game while Ekpe Udoh averages 5.9 ppg . Zack Gibson averages 5.5 ppg and Ron Coleman average 5.2 ppg.

Northwestern has 3 players that average double digit scoring led by Kevin Coble at 16.4 ppg. Craig Moore is 2nd on the team in points and assists per game with 13.4 ppg and 3.2 apg. Michael Thompson, the team leader in assists with 4.4 per game, averages 12.1 ppg. Jason Okrzesik averages 7.2 ppg, Sterling Williams averages 5.9 ppg, and Jeff Ryan averages 5.1 ppg.

Offensive Statistics
    Michigan averages 64.4 ppg on the year while averaging 67.8 ppg at home. Overall the Wolverines shoot 40.4% from the floor and 31.6% beyond the arc. While playing at home they shoot 42.2% and 33.1% from downtown. Northwestern averages 63.3 ppg on the year, including a season high 82 @ Indiana on Sunday, while putting up just 55 ppg when playing on the road. Northwestern shoots 44.6% from the floor on the year while shooting just 39.7% on the road. The Wildcats shoot 36.6% from beyond the arc. The Wolverines shoot 70.9% from the charity stripe while the Wildcats shoot 66.3% from the stripe. Northwestern averages 17 assists, 18 fouls, and 11 turnovers per game. Michigan averages 12 assists, 15 fouls, and 12 turnovers per game.

Defensive Statistics
    Michigan allows 69 ppg and 68.6 ppg at home. Opponents shoot 45.7% from the field and 38.3% from beyond the arc on the year when playing Michigan. When at home opponents shoot 44.6% and 37.3% from downtown against the Wolverines. Northwestern allows 68.9 ppg and 66.5 ppg in road games. Opponents shoot 48.7% from the floor and 38.3% from beyond the arc when playing the Wildcats. When playing on the road opponents shoot 46.1% and 36.2% from beyond the arc. Michigan has the edge in rebounds averaging 34 per game with 11 of them being offensive rebounds while allowing opponents to grab 37 rebounds per game. Northwestern averages 24 rebounds per game with just 5 offensive per game while allowing opponents to collect 38 rebounds per game. Deshawn Sims leads the Wolverines with 5.1 rpg while Ekpe Udoh averages 4.9 rpg. Kevin Coble leads the Wildcats with 5.5 rpg. Michigan averages 6 steals and 5 blocks per game while Northwestern averages 8 steals and 2 blocks per game.

Last Meeting
    Jan 12, 2008
    The Wolverines were 3.5 point dogs as the traveled to face the Northwestern Wildcats. Michigan dominated the first half and went into the locker room with a 41-22 lead at halftime. The Wolverines led by as many as 29 points in the 2nd half and Northwestern didn't climb to within 20 points until there were less than 5 minutes left in the game. The Wildcats got as close as 8 points in the closing minutes. Michigan ended up with a 78-68 victory. Manny Harris led the Wolverines with 22 points and 8 assists. Ekpe Udoh chipped in 14 points and 11 rebounds and Deshawn Sims chipped in 12 points and 9 rebounds for the Wolverines. Kevin Coble led the charge for the Wildcats playing all 40 minutes and scoring 34 points. Mike Thompson scored 14 points and dished 7 assists in 39 minutes of play. Michigan went 27-58 (46.6%) from the floor while Northwestern was 28-60 (46.7%). Michigan went 8-26 (30.8%) and Northwestern went 5-21 (23.8%) from beyond the arc. The Wildcats committed 21 fouls compared to 15 by the Wolverines. Michigan went 16-24 from the line and Northwestern went 7-10 from the line. The Wildcats were out-rebounded badly 43-22.

Current line has the Wolverines favored by 8.5 at most books. The total is currently at 128 at most books and 129 at a couple as well.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

dio,

How much of your decision to play Ohio St is based on IU's performance against NW last time out? Tough to get a feel of the Hoosiers team Morale right now. Ohio St has to have this one to make the tourney but I also thought the same when they were @ home against Wiscy.

Quebb Diesel
    Quebb Diesel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 82

if i take osu im taking it more on the terms of the iu player's attitudes right now...thats part of the reason they kept northwestern in the entire game this weekend...any unmotivated team wont blow teams that want it bad...

MoneySportsGuy
    MoneySportsGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great writeup diogee

I am leaning towards taking OSU at +8.5 wish BetJam had ML out so I can start doing parlays before have to go go work.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Money,

You can always call the plays in from work you know.

I followed this play got it at +8. Lets Cash!

Just hate betting against IU @ their place.

MoneySportsGuy

Louisville,

How do you call it in? Never did that before.. you sure all books do that? I would like to know how to do it before just start it all of sudden haha. Sucks though going to be gone from 2-9 and not get home till prob 10.

I agree with betting at IU at their place, but I think everything going on, even though they are sitting nice on Big Ten and want to improve that, OSU has bigger motivation to knock off IU and help themselves out come Tourny time.

I got OSU at +8 as well so lets hope for a 65-60 win!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Aren't you at Betjam? Well it doesn't matter what book it is. All you gotta do is call the number give them your ID# and password. Tell them what you want and how much. They confirm it, then you confirm it and the bets is placed. They will give you your account balance before you place the bet as well.

HINT: When calling don't say the team all the time that you want to play, because smaller books will shade the line away from you. So just ask what the line is for the South Florida/Seton Hall game. Mention both teams. Not a big deal, but locals expecially get to know what kind of a better you are and could shade the lines against you.

GL

billmunny
    billmunny's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd be inclined to stay away from this game altogether simply because there is no way to know anything about the morale/cohesiveness of the team under Dakich, the interim coach.

IU could just as easily look at this game as one with which they need to prove to the world that they're still okay as a team-- that they've survived. It's their first home game since the coaching change. They've had time to practice under Dakich, which they hadn't had last Saturday, and ex-coach Sampson and a number of the team leaders seem to have come around and tried to get the team on board with Dakich.

The idea that Ohio State will be motivated and Wisconsin/IU/Purdue won't is a nonstarter for me. While Ohio State has an outside shot as a "bubble team" given some good wins, Wisconsin/IU/Purdue are all playing to be the regular season Big Ten Champions and to get another banner hanging in their arenas. They're all within one game of each other and every win/loss counts.

Also, in spite all of the scandal, IU has won all but one of their conference home games (the exception being the loss to Wisconsin the night all of the Sampson scandal re-emerged which was lost to a hail mary 3-pointer). They have won their 7 home conference games by an average of ~11.5 pts, and only two of these games were decided by less than 9 pts-- the upset loss to Wisconsin and a 4 point win back in early January before the team really hit its stride.

I could very well be wrong, but I think that betting against them in this situation-- even with the generous 8pt spread-- is riskier than prevailing opinion seems to hold.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

bill,

Great points man and welcome to the forum.

WestsidePete

yes welcome to the forum bill,

ohio st's loss by 10 to michigan was it's worst since dec 1 they play everyone close...I feel they can keep it within range enough to cover...for me I'll buy 1/2 pt to get 8.5

billmunny

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    bill,

Great points man and welcome to the forum.
    Thanks!

billmunny

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post
    yes welcome to the forum bill,

ohio st's loss by 10 to michigan was it's worst since dec 1 they play everyone close...I feel they can keep it within range enough to cover...for me I'll buy 1/2 pt to get 8.5
    Thank you as well... and also a fine point.

Enough to reinforce for me the fact that I don't want to touch this game with a 10ft pole...

GL to you all!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

No opinion on the side as I feel IU could win by double digits if State doesn't play well offensively or they could keep it close like they did vs. Wisky. Like the OVER though. IU scores alot more at home although OSU's offense scares me a bit with their inconsistency.

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

HINT: When calling don't say the team all the time that you want to play, because smaller books will shade the line away from you. So just ask what the line is for the South Florida/Seton Hall game. Mention both teams. Not a big deal, but locals expecially get to know what kind of a better you are and could shade the lines against you.

GL
    Very good advice to anyone who bets over the phone or through a local bookie... Making this rookie mistake has cost me big before...Definately something to avoid...

awhitejackson

Bill, I agree you cant know how this team will react under new coach...My experience has led me to believe that Dan Dakich is an idiot.. He took WVU job after Gale Catlett retired then quit two days later to return to IU as an assistant... That was like ten years ago (hes stayed an assistant) and now as an interim coach he cant really prove much with this team as they are legit but all signs seem to be pointing to a bad end to the season..I know that IU is one of the top all time teams and that WVU pales in historical comparison...but to give up a head coaching spot at a major institution to return to the bench and wait for 10 years for a coaching job you know you will probably never get shows a major lack of ambition and intelligence...Oh well just venting here... Might play OSU small...
    Last edited by awhitejackson; 02-26-08 at 02:20 PM.

billmunny

Quote Originally Posted by awhitejackson View Post
    Bill, I agree you cant know how this team will react under new coach...My experience has led me to believe that Dan Dakich is an idiot.. He took WVU job after Gale Catlett retired then quit two days later to return to IU as an assistant... That was like ten years ago (hes stayed an assistant) and now as an interim coach he cant really prove much with this team as they are legit but all signs seem to be pointing to a bad end to the season..I know that IU is one of the top all time teams and that WVU pales in historical comparison...but to give up a head coaching spot at a major institution to return to the bench and wait for 10 years for a coaching job you know you will probably never get shows a major lack of ambition and intelligence...Oh well just venting here... Might play OSU small...
    Dakich was actually the head coach at Bowling Green when he did that. After 10 years at BGSU, he just came back to IU this year as the director of basketball operations after choosing not to try to renew his contract at BGSU. He only became an assistant again when he was tapped to fill in for Rob Senderoff, who resigned when the new violations were revealed earlier this year.
    Last edited by billmunny; 02-26-08 at 02:43 PM.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

i'm going for another middl e on indiana/
    indiana-6-160

ohio state+11 -160

i hit with nc greensboro last night
    and stanford on sunday

seems like the 7 to 9 point range works best

LUNT101
    LUNT101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Free money tonight, IU -8

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

dio,

How much of your decision to play Ohio St is based on IU's performance against NW last time out? Tough to get a feel of the Hoosiers team Morale right now. Ohio St has to have this one to make the tourney but I also thought the same when they were @ home against Wiscy.
    Ohio St has played some tough teams close on the road. Ohio St does need this one badly...I don't think that they win but they will keep it close.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by diogee View Post
    Ohio St has played some tough teams close on the road. Ohio St does need this one badly...I don't think that they win but they will keep it close.
    IU has been real tough at home, but I agree that OSU will keep this close. I bet them for 5 units tonight.

awhitejackson

Quote Originally Posted by billmunny View Post
    Dakich was actually the head coach at Bowling Green when he did that. After 10 years at BGSU, he just came back to IU this year as the director of basketball operations after choosing not to try to renew his contract at BGSU. He only became an assistant again when he was tapped to fill in for Rob Senderoff, who resigned when the new violations were revealed earlier this year.
    My bad...I just dont like Dakich....Next time Ill get my facts straight... I knew he coache at BG but for some reason thought it was earlier....

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

Iowa (12-16) @ -3.5 Penn St (12-14) o/u 117 7 PM ET
    Wednesday Big Ten basketball has the Iowa Hawkeyes traveling to Pennsylvania to face the Penn St Nittany Lions. Iowa is 7th in the Big Ten standings at 5-10 with Penn St half a game behind at 4-10. Both teams are playing for nothing more than pride and better positioning in the Big Ten tourney.

The Nittany Lions
    Penn State is 10-4 SU at home and 6-4 ATS at home this year. When playing as a favorite they are 5-2 ATS and 6-2 SU. Penn St has not been favored since a 76-73 loss as 1.5 point favorites at home against Minnesota on January 12th. That Penn St puts up 66.5 ppg while shooting 42.3% and 33.8% from downtown.game started a stretch in which they are 2-10, much in part to losing senior guard and leading scorer Geary Claxton for the season on January 15th against Wisconsin. The 2 wins in that stretch were a 9 point win over Michigan St and 1 point win over Illinois, both games being at home. Penn St is 4-6 ATS during their last 10 games with and 6-8 ATS within conference play. The Nittany Lions have conference wins against Northwestern by 10 points, Illinois (2) by 4 points and 1 point, and Michigan St by 9 points. Penn St is currently on a 2 game home winning streak and a 2 game losing streak overall.

The Hawkeyes
    Iowa is 2-7 this year when playing on the road and 5-4 ATS on the road. Their 2 road wins came against Michigan and N Iowa. Iowa is 9-8 ATS as an underdog and 4-13 SU when playing as a dog. The Hawkeyes are 4-6 SU in their last 10 straight up, with the only road win coming at Michigan, and are 6-4 ATS in those 10 games. Iowa is 9-6 ATS against conference opponents. The Hawkeyes have conference wins against Michigan St by 7, Michigan by 8, Penn St by 15, Ohio St by 5, and Northwestern by 2. Michigan is their only conference road win. They were the favorite in the Penn St and Northwestern games. Iowa is coming off of a 14 point road loss to Michigan St and have lost their last 4 on the road including a 1 point loss @ Purdue.

The Players
    Jamelle Cornley is the lone Penn St player with double digit scoring with 11.5 ppg. Taylor Battle leads the team in assists with 3.0 per game and is 2nd on the team in scoring with 9.3 ppg. Danny Morrissey averages 7.6 ppg, Stanley Pringle averages 6.7 ppg while dishing out 2.3 apg, David Jackson averages 5.7 ppg, and Mike Walker averages 5.6 ppg.

The Hawkeyes have 2 players that average double digits in scoring, led by junior guard Tony Freeman who averages 13.7 ppg and is second on the team with 3.2 assists per game. Justin Johnson comes in 2nd at 12.2 ppg while averaging 2.1 assists per game. Cyrus Tate averages 7.6 ppg and Jake Kelly averages 6.4 ppg while dishing out 2 assists per game. Jeff Peterson averages 5.7 ppg and leads the team with 3.4 assists per game.

Offensive Statistics
    Penn St puts up 65.9 ppg while shooting 42.1% and 33.8% from downtown. At home Penn St averages 68.1 ppg while shooting 43.1% and 35.2% from beyond the arc. Iowa averages 56 ppg, 42% shooting from the floor, and 34.3% from beyond the arc. When playing on the road Iowa averages 53.5 ppg while shooting 42.6% from the floor and 34.1% from downtown. Iowa shoots 64.5% from the charity stripe while Penn St shoots 61.6% from the line. The Nittany Lions average 14 assists, 17 fouls, and 12 turnovers per game. The Hawkeyes average 12 assists, 16 fouls, and 15 turnovers per game.

Defensive Statistics
    The Nittany Lions give up 66.8 ppg while opponents shoot 45% from the floor and 35.5% from 3-point land. At home the Nittany Lions allow 61.4 ppg, 42.2% shooting from the field, and 32.1% shooting from downtown. The Hawkeyes give up 57.7 ppg while opponents shoot 40.3% from the floor and 32.7% from downtown. On the road the Hawkeyes allow 63.7 ppg, 43.5% shooting, and 36.5% from beyond the arc. Penn St averages 35 rebounds per game, with 11 offensive rebounds, while opponents collect 33 rebounds per game against them. Iowa averages 33 rebounds per game, with 8 offensive rebounds, while opponents collect 30 rebounds per game against them. Cornley leads Penn St with 5.7 rpg, Jones is 2nd with 3.8, and Jackson and Hassel both average 3.4 rpg. Gorney leads Iowa with 5.2 rpg, Tate and Looby are tied for 2nd with 5 rpg, Johnson averages 4.9 rpg, and Cole averages 4.8 rpg. The Nittany Lions average 6 steals and 2 blocks per game while the Hawkeyes average 4 steals and 3 blocks per game.

Last Meeting
    Jan 26th, 2008
    Penn St traveled to Iowa as 5 point dogs to face the Hawkeyes. Iowa jumped out to an early lead and led at the half 29-17. Penn St never closed to within 10 points of the Hawkeyes. Iowa coasted to a 64-49 victory after leading the entire game. Peterson led the Hawkeyes with 19 points and 5 assists. Gorney, Johnson, and Kelly each scored 11 for Iowa. Tate grabbed 13 boards while chipping in 7 points. Pringle led the Nittany Lions with 17 points while Cornley chipped in 15 points and 5 rebounds. Battle also had double digit scoring with 11 points. Iowa went 18-38 (47.4%) while Penn St went 20-51 (39.2%) from the field. The Hawkeyes were 9-25 (36%) from beyond the arc while the Nittany Lions went 4-16 (25%) from downtown. Penn St was out-rebounded 34-22 and only had 7 assists compared to 14 by Iowa. Penn St committed 19 fouls while Iowa had 15 fouls. Iowa had a major edge from the free throw line while going 19-22 from the charity stripe compared to 5-11 by the Nittany Lions. Iowa turned the ball over 18 times while Penn St only turned the it over 11 times.

Current line has the Nittany Lions favored by 3.5 with the total set at 117. I am going to wait for 1st half lines before making any picks but lean towards the Hawkeyes to cover and may have a small play on the ML. I will post the Minn/Purdue game around 2 pm.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Great pick last night w/ the buckeyes!!! I cashed in on it as well. Looks like im against you tonigh tho,
    Im on Penn St. -1 1st half

andrewaxia
    andrewaxia's Avatar Become A Pro!

Today's Minnesota-Purdue line opened up at -8 for Purdue. It has gone down 1/2 a point. I figure the line would have moved up instead of down. I really see Purdue winning by DD. Minnesota doesn't scare me, especially on the road, and Purdue is a great home team.

MoneySportsGuy

Quote Originally Posted by awhitejackson View Post
    Very good advice to anyone who bets over the phone or through a local bookie... Making this rookie mistake has cost me big before...Definately something to avoid...
    Louisville,

Appreciate the advice, I never went ahead with it as didnt see message before I left so just stayed with my few plays, but its good to know in future. I can see local bookies shading, but can a big sporstbook like that really do that to you over the phone? That would be seriously crappy. So thing to do I am assuming all times, is just ask the line of a certain matchup and then after that, say oh I would like to put $25 on so and so?

Thanks again for the tip and goodluck in your plays tonight!
    Lets cash in big!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

You got it msg,

GL to you as well

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

Minnesota 17-9 @ -8 #19 Purdue (21-6) o/u 135 9 PM ET
    Wednesday Big Ten action also has the Minnesota Golden Gophers traveling to West Lafayette to play the Purdue Boilermakers. Purdue is 12-2 in the Big Ten standings and can move into a three way tie with Indiana and Wisconsin atop the Big Ten. Minnesota is 7-7 in conference play.

The Boilermakers
    Purdue is 6-1 ATS at home and 14-1 SU with their only home loss coming to Wofford on Dec 19th. A 9 point loss last Tuesday at Indiana broke an 11 game winning streak by the Boilermakers. As a favorite Purdue is 7-8 ATS and 13-2 SU. Both losses came back to back in mid-Dec to Wofford (+17) and Iowa St (+7). Purdue is 7-0 SU in conference play when playing at home. Purdue is 9-1 SU and 8-2 ATS during their last 10 games.

The Golden Gophers
    Minnesota is 4-5 on the road this year and 6-3 ATS. As an underdog they are 3-6 ATS this year and 1-8 SU with a win against Penn St. Minnesota is 8-6 ATS within conference play. Minnesota has conference wins on the road against Penn St, Michigan, and Northwestern. Over the last 10 games Minnesota is 5-5 SU and 5-5 ATS.

The Players
    Purdue has 3 players that average double digit scoring per game led by Etwaun Moore with 11.9 ppg. Robbie Hummel is 2nd on the team with 11.5 ppg and 2nd on the team in assists at 2.7 per game. Keaton Grant is 3rd at 10.8 ppg and Scott Martin is 4th at 8.8 ppg. Chris Kramer is the team leader in assists with 2.9 apg and chips in 6.9 ppg. Nemanja Calasan averages 6.7 ppg while JaJuan Johnson contributes 5.6 ppg.

The Golden Gophers have 3 players that average double digit scoring led by Dan Coleman with 12.5 ppg. Lawrence McKenzie is 2nd with 11.4 ppg and 2nd in assists at 3 assists per game. Spencer Tollackson is not far behind with 10.5 ppg. Blake Hoffarber is just outside of the double digit mark at 9.0 ppg. Lawrence Westbrook averages 8 ppg and 2.7 assists per game. Damien Johnson averages 7 ppg. Al Nolen leads the team with 3.7 assists per game while chipping in 4.8 ppg.

Offensive Statistics
    Purdue averages 68.5 ppg with 42.6% shooting from the floor and 35.5% from beyond the arc. When playing at home the Boilermakers average 67.3 ppg, 40.7% shooting, and 35.8% beyond the arc. Minnesota puts up 71.7 ppg while shooting 45.3% from the field and 38.1% from downtown. On the road Minnesota averages 70.3 ppg, 44.4% shooting, and 36.2% beyond the arc. Purdue is the better team at the FT line shooting 71.2% compared to 66% by Minnesota. Minnesota averages 16 assists, 18 fouls, and 14 turnovers per game. Purdue averages 13 assists, 20 fouls, and 13 turnovers per game.

Defensive Statistics
    Purdue allows 61.1 ppg and gives up just 56.5 ppg at home. Opponents shoot 42.6% from the field and 36.2% from beyond the arc against Purdue at home. Minnesota gives up 63.8 ppg and 66.2 ppg on the road. Opponents shoot 42.9% from the field and 33.7% beyond the arc when playing Minnesota. The Golden Gophers average 34 rebounds per game, with 11 offensive, while opponents also grab 34 rpg against them. Purdue averages 33 rebounds per game, 10 on the offensive side, while opponents clean up 31 boards per game against them. Leading scorer Dan Coleman also leads the Golden Gophers in rebounding with 5.9 rpg, Johnson is 2nd with 4.5, and Tollackson is 3rd with 4.2 rpg. Hummel leads the Boilermakers with 5.9 rpg, Moore is 2nd with 3.7 rpg, and Martin is 3rd with 3.6 rpg. Minnesota averages 10 steals and 4 blocks per contest while Purdue averages 8 steals and 4 blocks per game.

Current line has Purdue favored between 7.5 and 8.5 points depending on the book with a total set at 135. I will likely play the under 1H once they release it as well as under for the game. I will also take Minnesota +8 if I see it at my book.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

#15 Michigan St (22-5) @ #9 Wisconsin (23-4) 9PM ET ESPN2
    Thursday Big Ten action has the Michigan St Spartans clashing with the Wisconsin Badgers in Madison Wisconsin. Michigan St is 4th in the standings at 10-4 while Wisconsin is in a 3 way tie atop the Big Ten standings at 13-2. Wisconsin has games remaining against Northwestern and Penn St. Both of the Badger's conference losses have come to Purdue, who is also tied atop the Big Ten. Michigan St has little to no chance to fight to the top of the Big Ten. They have remaining games against Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio St. The Spartans have lost to Iowa, Penn St, Purdue, and Indiana.

The Badgers
    Wisconsin is 14-2 at home this year, but just 4-8 ATS at home and 10-10 ATS when favored. The Badgers are 47-4 at home the last 3 years. Purdue and Marquette are the only teams to hand Wisconsin a loss at home this year. The Badgers were favored in both of those games and lost each one by 5 points. They were 10 point favorites against Purdue and 4 point favorites against Marquette. They also lost on the road to Purdue as 2 point favorites. Since losing to Purdue the Badgers have put together a 4 game winning streak. Wisconsin is 8-2 SU their last 10 games and 5-5 ATS. Overall Wisconsin is 12-11 ATS and 7-8 ATS against conference opponents.

The Spartans
    Michigan State is 3-4 SU on the road as well as 3-4 ATS on the road. Their road losses have come to Iowa, Penn St, Purdue, and Indiana. They were favored by 10 in a 7 point loss @ Iowa and favored by 9 in the 9 point loss @ Penn St. Their road wins have come against Bradley, Minnesota, and Northwestern. As an underdog Michigan St is 2-2 ATS with 1 SU win which in a 7 point loss as 3 point dogs to BYU. In their last 10 games the Spartans are 7-3 SU and 4-6 ATS in that span. Overall Michigan St is 12-12 ATS and 4-10 ATS against conference opponents.

The Players
    The Badgers have 3 players that average double digits in scoring. Brian Butch averages 12.3 ppg while Trevon Hughes is not far behind at 12.2 ppg. Trevon Hughes is also 2nd on the team with 2.6 assists per game. Marcus Landry is 3rd on the team averaging 11.1 ppg, Michael Flowers is close to the double digit plateau at 9.8 ppg while averaging 2.4 assists per game. Jason Bohannon averages 8.2 ppg. Joe Krabbenhoft leads the team in assists with 2.7 per game while chipping in 7.2 ppg.

The Spartans have 3 players that average double digit scoring led by Raymar Morgan with 15.2 ppg. Drew Neitzel averages 13.8 ppg and is 2nd on the team in assists with 4.3 apg. Kalin Lucas is 3rd on the team with 10 ppg while chipping in 3.8 assists per game. Garan Suton averages 8.3 ppg, Chris Allen averages 6 ppg, Durrell Summers averages 5.7 ppg, and Marquise Gray averages 5.4 ppg. Travis Walton leads the team in assists with 4.5 per game while scoring 3.7 ppg.

Offensive Statistics
    The Spartans average 72.8 ppg while shooting a solid 48.7% from the field and 35.9% from beyond the arc. When playing on the road the Spartans average 67.6 ppg while shooting 47.2% and 35.1% beyond the arc. The Badgers average 68.4 ppg while shooting 45.4% from the field and 35.3% beyond the arc. When playing at home the Badgers average 70.9 ppg while shooting 45.5% from the floor and 31.1% from beyond the arc. Michigan St shoots 72.5% from the FT line while Wisconsin shoots 70.4% from the stripe. The Spartans average 18 assists, 18 fouls, and 14 turnovers per game. The Badgers average 13 assists, 15 fouls, and 12 turnovers per game.

Defensive Statistics
    The Badgers hold the opposition to 55.3 ppg, 38.7% shooting from the floor, and 31.9% from beyond the arc. When playing at home the Badgers hold opponents to 53.8 ppg, 37.8% shooting from the field, and 31.9% from beyond the arc. Opponents average 62.1 ppg, 39.6% shooting from the floor, and 32.1% from beyond the arc when playing the Spartans. When playing on the road the Spartans allow 68 ppg, 42.4% shooting, and 35.5% from beyond the arc. Michigan St averages 38 rebounds per game, 11 being offensive, while limiting opponents to 32 rebounds per game. Wisconsin averages 36 rebounds per game, with 11 being offensive, while allowing opponents to grab 30 boards per game. Suton leads the Spartans in rebounding with 7.8 rpg, Morgan averages 6.3 rpg, and Gray averages 4.2 rpg. Butch leads the Badgers with 6.8 rpg, Krabbenhoft isn't far behind with 6.5 rpg, and Landry averages 5.3 rpg. The Badgers average 6 steals and 3 blocks per contest while the Spartans average 6 steals and 4 blocks per game.

The Current line has the Badgers favored by 5.5 points with the total set at 124.

JColli32
    JColli32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5377

nice info bro....im leaning towards wisc and the over

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

Thanks Jcoll...I lean towards Wisky as well...they are solid at home while Michigan St is shaky on the road to say the least. This is a huge match-up for the Badger's in their quest for the Big Ten championship. I am going to wait until the first half line is released before I make a decision on the total.

12 Last