Villanova 5-7 .417 15-9 .625
    DePaul 5-7 .417 10-14 .417
    Seton Hall 5-8 .385 15-11 .577
    Providence 4-9 .308 13-12 .520
    St. John's 4-9 .308 10-14 .417
    USF 2-11 .154 11-15 .423
    Rutgers 2-12 .143 10-17 .370

Last week's Results
    6-3 +2.8 units (Notre Dame was a bet just to have action, but w/e)

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Monday

GEORGETOWN HOYAS 20-4 PROVIDENCE FRIARS 13-12
    February 18, 4:00 PM | Dunkin Donuts Center

I've been preachin for a week now that the Hoyas are not overrated, but they keep making me swallow my words. They have dropped 2 of 3 and haven't played well for an entire game since Jan 30 and that was @ St. Johns. The month of February has not been a good one. With that said this team is still a top 10 team and in 1st place in the conference.

Louisville sent out the blue print on how to beat this team. Coach's Jay Wright and Jim Boehiem obv watched the tape and tried to mimick Pitino's full court press defense combined with a zone in half court. Georgetown is a very patient offensive team, and they need most of the shot clock to work the ball around, until they find the weakness on the defense or their opponet makes a bad rotation. They are the best team in the country in reacting to a bad rotation of the weak side and punishing them with the back door cut. The press has hurt them because they don't get into their offense until under 25 seconds on the shot clock. Then when the half court zone presents itself they have to work the ball around for 10 or so seconds just to try to find an opening in the paint, and this is leading to some bad shots because of the clock running down.

Providence is a solid home team but they are just way too streaky to have any confidence in them. They take so many deep shots that you really can't tell what is a bad shot or not. Coach Tim Welsh is on the hot seat and this looks to be his last season.

The Friars have dropped their last 3 games and lost 7 of their last 8. They are searching for some wins just to make the Big East Tourney and possibly the NIT.

Here is what i expect to happen monday afternoon. With there struggles against the zone, you are going to see Jesse Sapp provide more dribble drive to the basket which is what this team has been missing. Sapp can really play, but he has not been attacking the rim enough. I predict a Huge game from Jesse today something like 14 points and 6 assists. Roy Hibbert is going to do what he does and occupy all kinds of defenders. The Friars have no answer for Hibbert. Johnathan Wallace and DaJuan Summers will get some open shots from the kick outs from Sapp and Hibbert.

Providence has some shooters that can hit from all the over the court. Jeff Xavier and Brian McKenzie are lights out but they will take alot of bad shots. Georgetown is going to extend their defense tonight forcing them to take even further shots. The Hoyas are the best team i've ever seen when it comes to collapsing to the ball, but also being able to get back on their man at the perimiter.

You better Believe Johnny Thompson Jr was on his team and demanding a big performance on the road today.

Score Prediction: Gtown 71 - Prov 60

Plays Georgetown -3 1st Half L
    Georgetown -5.5 game
    Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 02-18-08 at 03:53 PM.

Palestra
    Palestra's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jesse Sapp over 13.5 points and assists...put it in this morning.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

I don't play props but we are on the same page. GL my man

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

ADDED:

Louisville -5 1st half

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

second half Gtown-4 ??

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

dude, Georgetown is pissing me off so much. It is really making me sick. Providence zone is so loose it is ridic. I could dribble drive on that zone. These guys are scared to put the ball in the floor. I just don't understand why jesse sapp won't take the ball to the hole. Also why the fu*k is rivers shooting the last shot in the half. This guy does nothing on the offensive end.

Oh yea I never seen a player shoot 20% from the strike, 8-40 ru kidding me!

I already got Gtown -5.5 for the game, so i don't need action on the second half its the same bet basically.

I just don't understand why John Thompson doesn't demand this team to attack the basket and stop passing the ball around the perimiter, its the same play every time down the court. This is why they lost 2/3 and are fading quickly.

WestsidePete

very frustrating...but still only a 1 pt game...yea, I'll stand still and see what happens...

MoneySportsGuy
    MoneySportsGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah Louisville I agree man what the @#$@@# are you doing not driving in the lane and getting to Hub and let the big guys dribble, dribble, pull up for an easy lay up or jump hook and even try and get a drive for a FT.

Hopefully Thompson will lit into them and they will come out strong for 2nd half. They better need to get an 8 point turnaround and its easily capable. They had that lead 20-13 they just blew it away. Thats sick Prov on that 10-2 run I mean @#$#@$ this is Georgetown D vs Prov.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

No doubt they can come back and cover. I dont even care about losing, its just the way they are losing. John thompson is a terrific coach, and I should be not sitting on my ass telling him what to do

MoneySportsGuy

Yeah and if you are, you should get paid for me. HAHA

Goodluck in your plays tonight man

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Thanks,

JT needs to get on his players, he is always just clapping. I would like him to light a fire under those guys!

WestsidePete

2-8 Ft...wtf??

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

I played two 1st halfs today and of course the best two players in the big east hibbert and padgett both get two fouls early and have to sit the rest of the way threw, I don't know why i was fu*king with these 1st half lines

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Tuesday
    9-5 +4.25 units

DEPAUL BLUE DEMONS 10-14 CONNECTICUT HUSKIES 20-5
    February 19, 7:00 PM | Gampel Pavilion

DePaul has lost 5 of 6 and they have only won 1 conference road game all season(St. John's). As of right now DePaul is in a position to go to the Big East Tourney but they are going to need another win or 2 to assure that.

The Blue Demons have some offensive fire power but they really struggle on the defensive end as well as rebouding. They are shooting over 43% but are allowing opponets to shoot over 45%.

UConn is one of the hottest teams in the country riding a 9 game winning streak, while having their leading scorer suspended throughtout the run. AJ Price continues to show his skills and he seems to be improving every game. Jim Calhoun is getting great production by three of his big men, in Hasheem Thabeet, Jeff Adrien, and Stanley Robinson. Back up guard Doug Wiggins is also gettin back on track after being suspended with Jerome Dyson.

The Huskies are going to give DePaul fits on the defensive end. They are holding teams to under 38% while shooting over 46% themselves. They really crash the boards and they should own the glass tonight. The Pavilion should be loud from the start and I just don't see the Blue Demons keeping this one close.

However 13 points is too much for me to lay in conference, so Ill take a different approach in this one.

Score Prediction: UConn 77 - DePaul 65

Play Under 148

MoneySportsGuy

I really like the under as well in this one Louisville, goodluck on your play think I am going to ride it as well!

Lets cash it tonight