MoneySportsGuy
    MoneySportsGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Syracuse at USF

Wow what a freaking game. I actually was there in person and couldnt believe what I saw. Now this year, USF has at times shown up to play and other times have looked worse then a Tampa basketball high school team. Tonight they showed up.

The first half they absolutely dominated. They were hitting 3's like it was easy as eating cake and ice cream. I couldnt believe how Cuse really didnt attempt that many 3's for the first half and really the entire game. Not even sure what the first half stats were for FG% for USF but wow they were hitting everything it seemed, and ones they didnt they easily got rebound and put it in. The first half the score was 38-26 USF and that was with Cuse putting on a run to end the half.

The 2nd half was even more unbelieveable. I figured Cuse would show up, and I figured they had a chance to at least tie it and go on a run and push to overtime to cover my -4.5 I had them at. But of course, they only once got close in the game and that was with under 2 minutes left when the score was 79-76. Other then that, USF just kept it away from Cuse. It was a coaches dream, to have a big lead, slow tempo down, and milk the clock till less then 10 seconds then go for a shot. You would think after awhile this would begin to fail and fast breaks then could happen, and Cuse had a few they capitalized on, but not many. There was at least 5-10 possessions USF milked it to under 5 seconds on the shot clock, and just throw it up there for an easy lay up or shot right near the basket, when the previous 30 seconds they couldnt get inside the FT line.

It was amazing to see the frusteration at Cuse players with eachother. I know it happens in games, but they really were on eachother, I personally saw numerous times when many of the players would just raise their hands up in the air at eachother basically saying @$@#$ are you doing. I wonder how they were so confused. It seemed other times Greene wanted to up the tempo and the other guard would be slowing things down and they would get on eachother. Cuse got hot though and at one point the score was I believe 71-53 USF with 5:09 left. At under 2 minutes it was 79-76 but then the refs had a part in it it seemed and called a bunch of touch fouls against Cuse and USF I have to hand it to them, hit every one of their FT's except 1 or so. Not sure even those stats for the game but I know from what I saw when wasnt walking around USF missed once or twice and Cuse missed alot more.

Great game to watch, I expected Cuse to come back and they did in the 2nd, scoring 52 in the 2nd half but still lost by 11 points. It was quite funny as so so so so many Cuse fans there, almost say they had majority or at least made the crowd 50-50. Alot of them chanting DEFENSE towards the end before USF pulled away. I had to smile and laugh though when a few kept chanting, "Your still last place in Big East and you suck."

Great game to watch , not good to think about putting USF ML and laying off

Quebb Diesel
    Quebb Diesel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 82

i was riding syracuse till the end tonight! one of those plays you glance at and write down as a lock...shouldve thought more on how USF plays the big east tough and cuse had a lot of youngin's playing on the road...time to bounce back!

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Send them F'n cuse fans back up to ass cold NEW YAAWK!

MoneySportsGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Quebb Diesel View Post
    i was riding syracuse till the end tonight! one of those plays you glance at and write down as a lock...shouldve thought more on how USF plays the big east tough and cuse had a lot of youngin's playing on the road...time to bounce back!
    yeah the game was so intense I will tell you what though some guy on Cuse number 21 that man is huge he is going to produce in NBA if his game keeps improving whew

MoneySportsGuy

Quote Originally Posted by awhitejackson View Post
    Send them F'n cuse fans back up to ass cold NEW YAAWK!
    yup yup it was crazy they were leaving early because game was out of it, then it got close but USF pulled away again.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

cuse just arent that good.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

The loss of Devendorf has really killed my boys at 'Da Cuse. Funny thing is last year I would have given my left nut for him to ride some pine because he was so out of control, but he had matured greatly into this season. They miss his experience. Looks like two straight years with no NCAAs for Jimmy B unless they pull off another miracle run in the Big East tourny. This team is gonna be real good next year though if the youngsters stick around.