Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Thursday

RUTGERS KNIGHTS 10-15 W VIRGINIA MOUNTAINEERS 16-7
    February 14, 7:00 PM | WVU Colliseum

Only one game tonight in the Big East and its not an exciting one. Rutgers is now tied for last place in the conference, and the only thing they have left to play for is respect and maybe a chance of making MSG for the conference tourney. After stringing together back to back upsets against Nova and Pitt they have regressed back to form losing 4 straight. Coming off a game they had a chance to win that they ended up losing in OT. This team now depleted and its going to be a tough group of guys to get motivated the rest of the season.

The knights only avg 62 ppg and are giving up 68ppg. They have three players avg double figures lead by JR Inman. JR is a very good player, but just doesn't have any help.

West Virginia comes into this game with a completly different mentality. The Moutaineers are fresh off a buzzer beater loss @ Pittsburgh in a game they really should of won. However they need this game to get back over .500 in the conference and they have a schedule in front of them that should allow them to get on a roll and gain some confidence back. Their next 5 games are very winnable , after RU they play S Hall, Nova, Prov, and Depaul. If they win all 5 they will be 10-5 in the conference at the point, and that does wonders for seeding being in the strongest conference in NCAABB.

WVU is very balanced having 4 players in double figure scoring and they are avg over 75ppg while only giving up 60ppg. This team has enough talent to make a push and finish in the top tier in the conference especially if they take advantage of these next 5 games. Coach Huggins is going to have his boys fired up tonight, as if they need it after what Ramon did to them @ Pitt last game out.

This game is not going to be close. WVU is going to get on them early and often. I look for a very sharp shooting game all around from the Mountaineers along with a good defensive effort. Although right now I don't have the balls lay the 18 points but im still considering it, because all the factors are in WVU favor. I have an hour till tip so Ill post back if I play it before hand.

Score Prediction : WVU 78 - RU 58

Big game tommorow night Pitt @ MARQ. Im looking forward to that write up! GL to all.
    Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 02-14-08 at 05:10 PM.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

The WVU went exactly as we thought. I can't believe It didn't occur to me to play the 1st half line when my write up clearly points in that direction. They won by 18 so we would have pushed for the game. Write up coming shortly for tonights big matchup. It sure is nice to have a Big East game on a friday.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very nice LK1,

Keep this up..being you are out there and follow this conference it's good to have solid writeups with reasoning behind them...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Friday

PITTSBURGH PANTHERS 19-5 MARQUETTE EAGLES 17-6
    February 15, 9:00 PM | Bradley Center

Jamie Dixon just continues to impress me with the job he has done with this team. I just can't say enough good things about this guy dealing with those injuries to Mike Cook and LeVance Fields. LeVance will be back shortly, possibly tonight, but its going to take him a few games to get his endurance back up.

The Panthers parlayed their buzzer beating win over WVU into a 21 point smashing of the Providence Friars. Pitt has a brutle next three games ahead of them. After this road game tonight they travel to play the IRISH and then return home to play Louisville. Sam Young has really been special this season avg over 17ppg and just under 7 boards.

Marquette is fresh off one of their best performances of the year in a 25 point rout of Seton Hall on the road. This team has already gotten through the tough part of their schedule and should pick up some wins to close out the regualar season.

The Golden Eagles are starting to get their act together, and playing well on both ends of the floor. Dominic James is now healthy and starting to attack the basket more. Jerel McNeal is one of the best Defensive guards in the country and is really going to cause pitt problems. Lazar Haywood continues to step up his game. This kid can really ball leading the team in scoring and rebounding.

These teams are very similar. Both teams play solid defense and they know how to share the basketball. Marq is going to struggle to stop Sam Young, but the key is going to keep a defender on Ramon at all times. He can really stroke it from deep , but Marq has quick guards and play good perimiter defense. Lazar Haywood is going to be tough to stop because there is so much focus on their other guards. He gets alot of open shots and is very active on the glass.

I think Pitt is going to keep this one close due to the inside play of Sam Young. However i think they might not make a point to go inside until the second half. The crowd is going to be rocking and Marq is going to come out firing on all cylinders.

Score Prediction: 67 - 62

Play Marq -2.5 (-115) 1st half

Lean on the under, but this game could be close late and im not going to chance it.

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the info....I like how the line has moved to 6 and I gotta go with +6...Banking on Pitt to hold after initial MarQ surge...Fields playing will just be a bonus

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Saturday 12:00

GEORGETOWN HOYAS 20-3 SYRACUSE ORANGE 16-9
    February 16, 12:00 PM | Carrier Dome

First off let me just settle something. Georgetown is not OVERRATED. They are a legit top ten team and they are 20-3. All three losses were on the road @ MEMPHIS,@ PITT, and @ Louisville. Just because they struggled as of late, means nothing this team is very discipline and very talented. They don't light up the scoreboard, they play smart basketball.

Georgetown needs to win this game to stay in first place in the conference, because they have 3 teams breathing down their neck.

Syracuse just lost @ USF because they were looking ahead to this matchup Saturday Afternoon. The cuse are 6-6 in the conference and this win would do wonders come selection sunday. They want this game bad, and that crowd is going to explosive.

The Orangemen are shooting a remarkable 49.2% from the field and are giving up just under 42%. They are just careless with the ball. They turn the ball over way to much, and have a ton of mental lapses, b/c they are a young team. The loss of Eric Devendorf hurts this team because he could really score avg 17ppg and 4 assts.

This game has upset written all over it. The cuse want this game bad. If they can take care of the ball they should be able to avege their 2 point road loss earlier this season in OT. Everything points in the Orange's direction.

However Georgetown is a very mature team, and they are one of the best defensive teams in the nation. This line opened at -2 and that is just too small a number for me to pass up. Ill take a top 10 team -2 on the road anyday. Call me a square on this one, but I think the more experienced Hoya team gets this win on the road, and reclaims the label Beast of the East. You better believe John Thompson is utilizing all that OVERRRATED talk in the lockerroom.

Score Prediction: Gtown 63-57

Play Georgetown - 2

Might be a total play Ill wait for the line and let you know.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Congrats on who followed tonight.

Big East YTD: 4-2 + 1.9 units (sides/totals are 4-1, lost a ML Parlay)

GL

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

right on LK1,

I tailed...took marquette -3 1st half and under 63 1st half

any half time plays for you??

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

nah thats it for tonight, slight lean on pitt +1. I think Sam Young starts to get envolved more like like i stated before. Marq isnt defending the pick and roll well at all. But then again MARQ is at home and this could get ugly, unless pitts slows this pace down. I think Jame Dixon should go back into zone for a while in the 2nd half. No play for me but GL

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Sorry fellas I have no time to write up the other 3 games for tommorrow. I gotta work in the AM. I do got 3 plays tho!

Georgetown -2
    Louisville -5.5
    Villanova -2

GL

mofome
    mofome's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice stuff LK!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Saturday 2-1 +0.9 units
    YTD: 6-3 +2.8 units (6-2 Straight bets)

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Sunday

NOTRE DAME IRISH 18-5 @ RUTGERS SCARLET KNIGHTS 10-16
    February 17, 12:00 PM | Louis Brown Athletic Center

Notre Dame is coming off a tough loss on the road to UConn. They are one of the best teams in the conference and they need this win to keep pace with the other top teams. That loss ended a 5 game winning streak 2 of which were on the road.

Luke Harangody continues to improve and leads this team avg over 20ppg and 10 boards. He just dropped 32 points and 16 rebounds last game @ UConn, who has some of the best frontcourt defenders in the nation.

Rutgers has lost 5 straight including 3 @ home. They are tied for last place in the conference and the only thing they have left to play for is an outside chance of making it to NY for the BE Tourney. This squad just struggles to take care of the basketball and they only avg 9 assists a game. These guys just like to gun from outside, and they just don't understand how to work the ball to find the best shot available. Every once in a while they get hott, but it doesn't last long. The Knights have just as many problems on the defensive end.

The Knights are going to get crushed on the glass, and they will have no answer for the Irish big men. Notre Dame should have no problem playing inside out and they have good shooters to hit the outside shot, when the Knights start doubling the middle. The Irish are just much better in every aspect of the matchup and should have no problem handling Rutgers in this one. However anything is possible in the Big East, and RU is going to be at home. If they lose this game, their season is over. So I do expect a strong effort from them but Notre Dame should be able to handle the surge and put them away in the second half.

THe line opened at 11 and has dropped to 10/10.5. I expect the line to continue to fall because alot of cappers love home dogs plus big points in conference no matter what(for good reason)

Score Prediction: Irish 77 - Knights 66

Right now Im saying away but I might have a total play when it opens, and still might lay the wood on the road, but unsure as of now. If the line drops to 9.5 Ill probaly take a shot with the Irish

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Don't love this play, but wanted a little action for today. I know its bad but here you go.

Notre Dame -9.5 (-110)

First 12