stingyrivers
    stingyrivers's Avatar Become A Pro!

My Monday Night ALL IN MOMENT

well.... as some of you know got wiped out on saturday.... got My Bankroll on Pats ML, and then when they win i will be left with a pittance in my account, so....

I am having one of those sad cliche gambling moments where I will go all in on Monday night, I already decided a big leg of it will be the Trailblazers, but....

not that many here would ever do this but if you had to go all in on any one basketball game, which would it be and why??

games i am looking at are....

Kansas
    Marquette/Louisville
    St Marys/gonzaga
    Magic/Mavericks

already gonna use Trailblazers....

so have some fun with this fun hypothetical for you and sad reality for me....

which team would you go all in with and why?

Thanks for any replies

hmmm....

Dallas Mavericks
    New Orleans Hornets

ML Parlay would pay around 6-1 possibility
    Last edited by stingyrivers; 02-03-08 at 04:52 PM.

Quebb Diesel
    Quebb Diesel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 82

like kansas and louisville and the raptors and suns looking at everything so far...

Quebb Diesel

sorry for that pats loss man...they just didnt want it tonight...you still getting on for tomorrow? there are some better valued plays besides the trailblazers IMO...

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

are you still in for tomorrow?? sorry for the loss with the Pats...I would take Santa Clara if picking only one game ...

Quebb Diesel

circled them in too

WestsidePete

another one is San Diego at Pepperdine...SD recently beat St Mary's...has won 4 in a row and Pepperdine has lost 5 of 6 and head coach quit 2 weeks ago...

Quebb Diesel

mr. inside info...love it...i dont know too much about those west coast teams outside of the big pac 10 teams

WestsidePete

I drive past Pepperdine to work everyday...all they do is shoot 3's....they are 3-11 since December 1...San Diego was favored vs UNLV (17-4 )and lost in the 3rd game of the year...the only game they've been favored and lost this year...

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I certainly wouldn't recommend putting your entire roll on a single game, but if you're inclined to do so, put it on the Jazz -3 tomorrow.

WestsidePete

Pepperdine's leading scorer from last year was dismissed from the school before the season started...

Quebb Diesel

i like the rockets -5 over the jazz -3...the jazz are hot but the hornets are fully capable of beating them which i cant say so much w/ the twolves

Quebb Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post
    I drive past Pepperdine to work everyday...all they do is shoot 3's....they are 3-11 since December 1...San Diego was favored vs UNLV (17-4 )and lost in the 3rd game of the year...the only game they've been favored and lost this year...
    didnt you call out that san diego upset against st marys the other week too?

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by Quebb Diesel View Post
    didnt you call out that san diego upset against st marys the other week too?
    yes...

I also think Nova plus pts should be looked at as well...

Quebb Diesel

i was looking at it...but kinda w/ how i feel about nc state...nova's guard play has been not so hot lately but that 4 game skid is bound to end soon...this COULD be the game for it...

WestsidePete

Syracuse shot almost 63% from the field...worst all year Nova has given up...and yes, this isn't a Big East game so you'd think a better game is coming...

but I really like Louisville plus pts...Marquette is getting out rebounded 5 boards per conference game...was outrebounded 7 games in a row until Cincy game...both teams play great defense...both cause opps to have more turnovers then they give up...and Louisville beat them by 20 at home earlier this year

BigMoney
    BigMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!

With you Pete

Like Santa Clara very big also and San Diego little and also like Louisville +3 1/2......NBA Jazz-2,Portland-2, Seattle+1

mrpphimself
    mrpphimself's Avatar Become A Pro!

I took a great 2 team ML Parlay at +130

$750 / $975

Chattanooga over Western Carolina.
    Chattanooga is 9-3 in-conference compared to WCar who is 2-9. WCar only beat abysmal Elon (5-8) and Furman (3-10) teams at home and have been beaten handily otherwise. Chattanooga also beat them once this year on their homecourt by 30. This will obviously change but I don't see any way Western Carolina can pull off the win.

San Diego
    over Pepperdine
    San Diego is 5-1 in-conference opposed to Pepperdine's 1-5 record. Pepperdine's only in-conference win was against Loyola Marymount who are 4-18 overall. Pepperdine's also without their coach and have lost 9 of their last 11 games. San Diego recently beat 21st ranked St. Mary's and are winners of 5 of their last 6. I feel San Diego cruises in this one.

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by mrpphimself View Post
    I took a great 2 team ML Parlay at +130

$750 / $975

Chattanooga over Western Carolina.
    Chattanooga is 9-3 in-conference compared to WCar who is 2-9. WCar only beat abysmal Elon (5-8) and Furman (3-10) teams at home and have been beaten handily otherwise. Chattanooga also beat them once this year on their homecourt by 30. This will obviously change but I don't see any way Western Carolina can pull off the win.

San Diego
    over Pepperdine
    San Diego is 5-1 in-conference opposed to Pepperdine's 1-5 record. Pepperdine's only in-conference win was against Loyola Marymount who are 4-18 overall. Pepperdine's also without their coach and have lost 9 of their last 11 games. San Diego recently beat 21st ranked St. Mary's and are winners of 5 of their last 6. I feel San Diego cruises in this one.

I just took the following

3 TEAM ML PLAY
    TENN CHAT
    SAN DIEGO
    SANTA CLARA

Quebb Diesel

taking sd myself minus the points...

mrpphimself
    mrpphimself's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post
    I just took the following

3 TEAM ML PLAY
    TENN CHAT
    SAN DIEGO
    SANTA CLARA
    I really like that parlay ... Portland is pretty awful and frequently gets blown out. Santa Clara is clearly the better team .. I just stayed away because I haven't followed them that much this year and don't know enough about them. Good luck!