regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Saturday Thoughts

Hey guys. I felt enthusiastic, and had some time. I thought I’d share. These are the Saturday games I’ve focused in on. I haven’t made final decisions on my bets. But I thought I’d throw these out and see what ya think. Comments welcome. And GL tomorrow.

Baylor +7.5 (at Texas)
    Not so impressed with Texas lately (two point win over Colorado at home?). Baylor is for real. They shoot, they rebound, they steal. Baylor won as 9 point dogs at Texas A&M not long ago, and won me some coin. I think Baylor comes back from their loss to Oklahoma, with a nice 5 day rest (as opposed to Texas' pretty quick turnaround), and takes a serious shot at getting a win against Texas, something they haven’t had in quite some time (0-10 in last 10). Baylor’s got sump’n to prove.

Kansas -20 (at Colorado)
    I don’t like laying so many points, but maybe can’t resist here. These teams are from two different basketball worlds. I can’t see Colorado staying in this game. Colorado has not played Kansas within ten since 1/22/03. Kansas is going to be motivated after their loss to K State. Hold on to your hat.

California +3.5 (at Washington)
    Cal hit 100% of their free throws in their impressive win over Washington State. That tells me they’re feeling it. Washington shot 28.8% from the floor (and 56.3% of their free throws) in their loss to Stanford in front of the home crowd. Also, check this out: Cal (12-7) has been within two points in the final three minutes in six of their seven losses. I think Cal has a good chance of getting a nice two-game sweep on the road in Washington State. Here’s a wild-card though: Cal did not have Devon Hardin at center for the Washington State game. He was ill. His replacement, a transfer from Duke named Jamal Boykin, got 12 points and 7 rebounds. It’s uncertain whether Hardin will play tomorrow. Anybody know? After what happened at Washington State, does it matter much?

Michigan State -11 (at Penn State)
    Fading Penn State has been profitable (if not a bit sad) since Claxton went down against Wisconsin with a knee injury. They are 1-5 ATS in last 6. Michigan State has rolled to their best 21-game start in school history (and that’s saying pretty much). Penn State has not shot over 38.5% at home in their last three games there. I’m afraid this will not be close. But do I have the stomach to lay 11 on a road team in a Big Ten battle tomorrow?

Northern Colorado -4.5 (at Sacramento State)
    Northern Colorado beat Sac State by 14 on 12/24/07. Sac State is having a tough season, with several players out with injuries (4 I believe). Northern Colorado beat San Diego State on the road early last month, after beating Weber State at home three days earlier. I liked their win over Northern Arizona a few nights ago. They can be pretty good at times. I don’t know that home court means all that much at Sac State when they have a rotten team. I see Northern Colorado winning this big.

Purdue +5 (at Illinois)
    Illinois has been struggling (2-8 SU in last 10). Purdue has been impressive, winning and covering. Strong win over Wisconsin. Scared Michigan State on the road. By the way, they beat Illinois 74-67 at home only about two weeks ago. And I like these trends: Illinois 1-6-1 ATS in last 8 against Purdue, Illinois 3-8 ATS in last 11 at home against Purdue. I’ll take the points.
    Last edited by regularguy; 02-02-08 at 12:52 AM.