BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Big Card Tonight---Five Plays I REALLY Like

I can't remember a night where I've had so many plays I really like in CBB. Here goes....

Wisconsin-Milwaukee -2.5 vs. Detroit

The only reason this line is what it is is due to Detroit hanging within 2 of UWM on the road. I think that game was an anomoly. Since then, UD has been playing atrocious, while UWM continues to look sharp. A cursory look at common opponents and results in the last three weeks confirms this.

Michigan ML +140 vs. Minnesota

Talk about teams heading in opposite directions. I would have taken Michigan at up to -4, so to get them as the dog at home is a gift imo.

South Alabama -2.5 vs. North Texas

North Texas has imploded in the last two weeks, and interviews with the players and coaching staff really make it sound as if the team has dismantled. USA, on the other hand, has looked most impressive in '08. Have to take the road fav at this small price here.

UL Monroe ML +138 vs. Troy

I've been very impressed by ULM's last three efforts, and think they hand Troy their 3rd straight home loss tonight.

Northern Arizona -2 vs. Northern Colorado

I follow this Northern Colorado team pretty closely, and they've looked like absolute shit in their last two games vs. Montana and Montana State after their back to back OT losses. I'm willing to bet they don't regain any kind of form tonight.

BigBollocks

I think these have the strong potential to go 5-0. GL to all tonight...

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love the S Alabama pick..I'm also on them big time tonite...a good team....

Quebb Diesel
    Quebb Diesel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 82

i dont know about that michigan pick...you said they are two teams going in opposite directions but michigan has lost their last 4 games by an average of 11 points a game and thats including iowa and illinois while minnesota's only losses this season come against top 40 teams besides unlv...4 of which were on the road @msu, @osu, @fsu, & @unlv...hey if it comes through great pick but im just not seeing it in my eyes

BigBollocks

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post
    They've been money for me all year as well WSPete. I love under the radar teams that can compete like they can (so I can go hyping them on message boards and ruin the surprise I guess lol). I had a dime on their ML at +750 against Vandy in addition to the easy spread cover early in the season, and was so disappointed to watch a Vandy prayer tie it in regulation, a USA player miss a shot at the end of the 1st OT, and then Vandy pull it out in the 2nd OT...

GL to us tonight Pete...

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm with you on N. Arizona, Wisc Milw, and Southern Bama. Pretty big on NM St as well. Best of luck today good to see ya around.

BigBollocks

Quote Originally Posted by Quebb Diesel View Post
    i dont know about that michigan pick...you said they are two teams going in opposite directions but michigan has lost their last 4 games by an average of 11 points a game and thats including iowa and illinois while minnesota's only losses this season come against top 40 teams besides unlv...4 of which were on the road @msu, @osu, @fsu, & @unlv...hey if it comes through great pick but im just not seeing it in my eyes

More than fair enough Quebb. I love to see where people are coming from on these boards (which is usually very information filled), and can definitely understand your perspective on this. Outside of their home win against Northwestern (which Northwestern has a way of making everyone else in conference look good lol), I really think Tubby's boys have stunk it up in their last seven games. Michigan played well in the first half in Champaign, and gave Iowa and Wisky all they could handle. I'm hoping/expecting they bounce back from the MSU loss and are the better team on their home floor tonight. Thanks and GL...

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

yea, S Alabama has come thru for me as well....GL BB

BigBollocks

Quote Originally Posted by diogee View Post
    I'm with you on N. Arizona, Wisc Milw, and Southern Bama. Pretty big on NM St as well. Best of luck today good to see ya around.
    Thanks Diogee. I'm off to grab some dinner, and will be back to hopefully root these through. GL to us tonight...

Quebb Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by BigBollocks View Post
    More than fair enough Quebb. I love to see where people are coming from on these boards (which is usually very information filled), and can definitely understand your perspective on this. Outside of their home win against Northwestern (which Northwestern has a way of making everyone else in conference look good lol), I really think Tubby's boys have stunk it up in their last seven games. Michigan played well in the first half in Champaign, and gave Iowa and Wisky all they could handle. I'm hoping/expecting they bounce back from the MSU loss and are the better team on their home floor tonight. Thanks and GL...
    true...both teams have had a "very tough" big 10 stretch in the last week or two. im just impressed with the way minnesota plays d...i took minn ML on a ticket and -3 1/2 on another so it looks like at least one of is is going to win tonight!

harsh506
    harsh506's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post

Wow i loved this pick when i saw it and bet it rite there. I thought it could be a nice steal, and im kinda happy im not the only one

BigBollocks

Quote Originally Posted by Quebb Diesel View Post
    true...both teams have had a "very tough" big 10 stretch in the last week or two. im just impressed with the way minnesota plays d...i took minn ML on a ticket and -3 1/2 on another so it looks like at least one of is is going to win tonight!
    At least JJ can't call us all losers tonight then . If I go 4-1 and MN is the loss, I'll still personally drive you to the bank with a smile on my face. GL...

harsh506
    harsh506's Avatar Become A Pro!

is there anywhere that has an upto date score on sbama and n.t

Quebb Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by BigBollocks View Post
    At least JJ can't call us all losers tonight then . If I go 4-1 and MN is the loss, I'll still personally drive you to the bank with a smile on my face. GL...
    we both need wisconsin milwaukee to come through...i cant see the game but they must be sooo dry shooting tonight...down 8 right now

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

I am just following S. Bama on espn gamecast...not really live but works good enough.

Quebb Diesel

lets go south alabama!

diogee
    fadeable flamingo

Looks like they came out real flat in the 2nd half...all of a sudden down 2 after 6 point lead at the half.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow 0-5 sorry man.. i was with you on 3 of those so i am hurting too

BigBollocks

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    wow 0-5 sorry man.. i was with you on 3 of those so i am hurting too
    I had a feeling this thread would get bumped. I never seem to get the same courtesy bumps when it goes the other way, but I don't care much about internet perceptions anyway.

Horrible day that cost me a hefty amount, no way to deny it. Losing this amount and 6 or so units would have sent me into a tailspin 10 years ago. The frustrating thing about having such a piss poor day is that it might take a month of grinding just to get where I was a day ago. Just thinking about such an ebb makes my blood boil to be truthful. If I could have not existed yesterday I'd have been much the better for it, and that's an extremely depressing thought.

The opposite is true as well though. You have several days in row where you hover around 50%, and then you have one day where you go 9-1 and you think you're a genius again.

Thanks for the well wishes/condolences WTT, and I hope we both get it all back the right way and then some prior to March. GL...