stingyrivers
    stingyrivers's Avatar Become A Pro!

ML Parlay thread for Thursday January 31st

Back to the drawing board guys....

hope you all cashed, I got that dreaded split i was talking about last night.....

what do we have for big fav ML parlays for tomorrow?

I am gonna start reviewing the lines now, be posting a list of candidates in an hour or so.....

stingyrivers

hmmm.... i cant find any NCAA lines for tomorrow night, not even at the greek?

stingyrivers

ok, found some.... wow looks like there is gonna be a short list tomorrow, which is a good thing i think

Quebb Diesel
    Quebb Diesel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 82

stingy 10 of those 14 ML's i posted from yesterday came through besides miss st, texas, kansas, and auburn (3 of which were on the road against a good team)...lets lay down some goodies for tomorrow night

stingyrivers

let's do it bro....

thats what i have been finding for weeks now, every night only about 2 or 3 out of 15 or so actually lose, so like i was saying the trick is to pull 3 or 4 from the list of 15 without pulling in the odd one or two losers....

stingyrivers

i need a winning ticket big time tomorrow.... I split for the most part....

cashed on

Mich St
    Gtown
    Purdue
    Memphis

but lost my ticket with Kansas, then i was dumb and tried to chase on late night and the lost the small breathing room I had in my roll, so now I need to build back up tonight, let's do this

stingyrivers

gotta find the moneylines, havent seen any anywhere yet

stingyrivers

ok quebb they just came up at the greek.... i will post a list in about a half hour.... do the same, lets see if we match up again

Quebb Diesel

some to look at...

ND -400
    MINN -130
    WISC MIL -180
    WASH ST -600

stingyrivers

where did u get your moneylines from?

Quebb Diesel

yeah i went 5-3 on this parlay...im kinda pissed b/c when i was looking at what i originally wrote down i had bowling, drake, gtown, kent st, cincy, seton, msu, and had ucf but scratched drake, cincy, seton, and ucf out for texas, kansas, new orleans, and nebraska

always go w/ that first instinct what was i thinking?!

Quebb Diesel

greek...wash st was up there but now its gone again

stingyrivers

ive done that too man, it's weird but always go with your first instinct

Quebb Diesel

yeah...only 5 bucks down the drain so i cant complain...i was going to go big on that gtown, msu, kent st tonight though but had some problems on the books

MoneySportsGuy
    MoneySportsGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stingyrivers View Post
    ive done that too man, it's weird but always go with your first instinct
    right on man always trust your gut reason its telling you something

goodluck tomorrow lets cash in

stingyrivers

dont sweat it man, we are gonna come up with a super strong play tonight and cash in on it tomorrow night....

i am just waiting on a stanford moneyline and i will post a list of possible teams

Quebb Diesel

MINN -130
    UCLA -850
    ND -400

PAYS +147

i dunno why the line for minn is so low theyve played IU and MSU tough even though it was at home, but they play solid defense and tubby is turning that team around...and oh yeah michigan is AWFUL

Quebb Diesel

i wonder how big the moneyline will be for duke...b/c you could swap the nd pick...

stingyrivers

ok here is my preliminary list, I would love to use Duke and UNC but their ML's are gonna be ridiculous both over -2000

so here is the complete list of what I am looking at:

Minn -130
    ND -400
    Wis Mil -180
    Wisc -200
    Wash st -600
    Stanford (not up, will be about -130)
    Cal Full -380
    Nevada -420
    Cal Northridge -400
    UCLA -850
    USC -180

there are 11 games, now i know about 9 of those are winners, trick is no picking the one or two

I hear ya on Minny, the spread is so low cause its a heated in conference big ten game, so Mich, even though they suck will be giving Minn their best shot, ... same deal with cal/stanford

Quebb Diesel

yeah...i dunno id almost like minn over stanford on road games just due to who they are playing...

im iffy about wisconsin but it could be a good play...iu is good, but they are young and arent deep outside of dj in the front court...they also havent played well on the road with a nailbiter against minn and lost to xavier...(i go to iu and am not too happy after getting screwed by them against uconn)

nd is tough at home...10-1 i think? i like that play even though providence is tough...nd has won the last 4...providence is on a 2 game skid too

wis mil i like just comparing records...detroit is 3-8 at home, but they won their last meeting against wis mil at home, BUT detroit hasnt won a game since november

wash st - cal is real cold losing 3 straight at home and wash st is undefeated at home...

stingyrivers

i got burned in the uconn game too.... gordon is playing with a hurt wrist isnt he?

Quebb Diesel

stanford tough call IMO...they are solid on the road but washington is sold at home...i might stay away from that game...

cal full - pretty much better on paper than long beach state besides ft shooting...going off records you think cal full is obvious but long beach state plays them tough...theyve won their last 4 at home against cal full

nevada - tooo saaaweeeet...ha ha i like the wolfpack in this one...fres st lost their last 3 on the road (new mex st, hawaii, and san jose st) and and they shoot close to 50%...

Quebb Diesel

i dunno but i do know he shot like crap though...i actually go to IU too but havent heard much about a hurt wrist

stingyrivers

if duke and unc do come out at -2000

you can get

Duke
    UNC
    ND
    UCLA

at about -195

that's laying a lot of juice but i dont see it losing,
    the only concern is PC every once in a while they can pull off a shocker as a big road dog like at UConn recently, but they shot the lights out in that game

stingyrivers

yeah its a story on espn right now, his wrist is banged up but he is gonna play

stingyrivers

No. 11 Indiana plays No. 13 Wisconsin with banged-up Gordon
    ESPN.com news services

Updated: January 31, 2008, 12:35 AM ET
    Comment
    Email
    Print
    Indiana freshman phenom Eric Gordon has met every challenge so far this season. The red-hot Hoosiers are hoping he can handle the next one -- playing hurt.

Gordon's father told the Indianapolis Star on Wednesday that his son came down hard going for a rebound in practice on Tuesday and put out his non-shooting hand to break his fall.

"He did injure his wrist, but there's no swelling," Eric Gordon Sr. said, according to the newspaper. "He's going to be able to play. What they'll probably do is put some protective padding on it, and he'll play."

Gordon's father said his son will likely have to wear the padding for several weeks.

The No. 11 Hoosiers travel to Madison to face No. 13 Wisconsin on Thursday (9 p.m., ESPN).

Indiana (17-2) is off to its best 19-game start since 1992-93, in large part due to Gordon.

The 6-foot-4 shooting guard entered the week leading the Big Ten in scoring (21.7 points per game), has taken more free throws (144) and made more free throws (122) than any other conference player and ranks fifth in 3-pointers per game (2.6).

He's already tied Mike Woodson's school record for most 30-point games by a freshman (three) and with a stronger finish, he may yet challenge Michael Redd's conference scoring record for freshmen (21.9).

Hardcore Hoosiers fans have embraced Gordon by wearing T-shirts that read "Got Gordon" and chant his name regularly during games, privileges typically reserved for upperclassmen.

But Gordon remains humble, quiet and would do anything to avoid talking about himself.

"Coach told me not to even act like a freshman," Gordon said. "So I just play, I just play my game and let that take over."

Now, he faces another hurdle to stardom, dealing with injury. Hoosiers coach Kelvin Sampson has seen Gordon handle everything else.

"Watching him every day you can almost see his development in front of you," Sampson said. "He is a very attentive listener. Some kids hear you, but I am not sure they listen to you. Some kids look, I'm not sure they see. This kid hears you, he listens to you, he looks and he sees."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

stingyrivers

actually now that i read that, it sounds like typical espn hyping interest in a game.... don't sound like a huge factor

Quebb Diesel

cal northridge -i think this would a good one too, they are solid at home playing against a not so good road team...but these west coast games always seem up in the air...im sure theres a better -400 play

ucla and usc...who cares?!?! im staying away from the last game of the night after going 0-2 sun-mon...ha ha j/k

ucla -they are tough...especially at home and out to get a home win after losing the last one to usc...asu is real young and playing in a tough environment w/ all those banners...ucla

usc - talk about a clash of two hot teams...they both have impressive wins in the last few weeks both on and off the road...i might just take the home team and hope mayo shines

Quebb Diesel

yeah...i dont see how bad the non shooting wrist would affect his j...he shot terrible and looked young on the court...i dont trust iu on the road though...kinda feel the same way w/ xavier...they are both night and day

stingyrivers

yeah.... i am thinking something like this roughly....

ND
    Wis Mil

at -106

UCLA
    WA ST
    USC

at even money

and small play on

CS Full
    Nevada
    CS Northridge

at even money

might also make small plays on Minnesota and Stanford as straight bets

Quebb Diesel

you could take

UCLA -850
    ND -400 / NEVADA -420
    MINN -130 / WISC MIL -180 /WISC -200

that could be a solid payout...

stingyrivers

whoops, once again that is playing the whole list again insuring some wins but i definite split.... i suck at this part

stingyrivers

you could take

UCLA -850
    ND -400 / NEVADA -420
    MINN -130 / WISC MIL -180 /WISC -200

that could be a solid payout...

thats not bad quebb, would pay out at +117, and only be using three teams

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow ...you guys are already rolling here...starting to look myself...

Quebb Diesel

i know...you just have to take a slight risk on the bottom bracket but i bet two of those three will win if not all three...you could even swap in wash st in the middle bracket if you felt safer

1234 Last