kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

2 College Games for Monday 1/23.

Game #1 Towson +12.5

This is a game with 2 contrasting styles.
    Towson averages 71.6 points for and 75.6 against (-4.0)
    Drexel averages 60.4 points for and 56.9 against (+3.5)

Game is at Drexel so I'm leaning toward the more defensive style that Drexel displays ... 12.5 points is too many for them to cover in this contest.

Game #2 New Orleans +9.5 and the over 128

New Orleans averages 66 points for and 71.3 against (-5.2)
    UL Lafayette averages 66.4 points for and 72.0 against (-5.6)

I know there is more to any game than just the numbers but these numbers suggest a close game and between 137-138 points ... The last 10 meetings between these 2 teams has produced an average of 145 points.

Take the points and the over ... How about an even money 4 point teaser New Orleans +13.5 and 124 for an over also.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

interesting perspectives on these games KDM

good luck bud

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great stuff, good luck fox.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

How much of a factor will the departure of New Orleans' leading scorer be?

kdmfox

That would be a big factor ... Where do you get your info Razz? ... It's tough getting the word on these lower profile games ... Who is it that isn't going to be playing?

aje
    aje's Avatar Become A Pro!

covers.com/pageloader/pageloader.aspx?page=/data/ncb/matchups/g6_summary_28.html

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for throwing that in there aje. I personally found out from DonBest. It is guard Wayne Williams.
    For what it's worth, I think the oddsmakers may have overestimated his importance to the team, and I could only play New Orleans in this one. It may be more of a factor in relation to the total, but I don't really know anything about that.
    Last edited by Razz; 01-23-06 at 01:55 PM.

kdmfox

Thanks aje ... I've bookmarked the site ... I like trying to keep things simple as too much info is sometimes just that, too much ... I've been trying lately to find live dogs which have been yielding decent numbers lately ... Not sure about NO now.

aje

That injury doesn't look recent. It appears that they're 4-8 w/o Bo McCalebb. He must of got injured @ Starkville.

kdmfox

He's been out for a while aje ... Their 2nd leading scorer is gone now also.

"For the second time this season, New Orleans was dealt a serious blow as the team's current leading scorer Wayne Williams (15.5 ppg) decided over the weekend he did not want to play anymore and was leaving school. Earlier this season, the Privateers lost All-SBC performer Bo McCalebb, who was averaging 19.0 ppg at the time, for the season with an injury. James Parlow is now the only remaining double-figure scorer, as he is netting 12.1 ppg on 39.3 percent shooting from long range. He will have to step up in a big way if UNO is going to maintain its modest scoring average of 66.1 ppg. In their last outing, the Privateers shot a dismal 35.4 percent from the floor and were dominated on the boards (40-29) in a nine-point loss to FIU."

I didn't think I bet this game yet but checked and have a bet in on +9.5 and the over at 127.5 ... Well, we'll see ... This is a game to pass on at this point.

Last edited by kdmfox; 01-23-06 at 02:57 PM.

aje

I just read the article. Any thoughts on Chattanooga tonite?

kdmfox

Quote Originally Posted by aje
    I just read the article. Any thoughts on Chattanooga tonite?
    I hadn't looked at this game but you have peaked my interest in it ... These teams have similar statistics so the +6 at home looks good ... A dog at home is always a great play especially in basketball ... Just ask those 3 undefeated team that lost Saturday ... I'm going to tickle the +6 and tease it with NO to see if I can bail out of that one.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...ve/pv25481.htm

Appreciate your input and if you see something you like, POST IT.

aje

Fox, thanks for the link. Very interesting site. As for Chattanooga, I thinking about just taking a stab at playing it straight. Still need to run through some #'s and check for any injuries.

aje

Fox, looks like Chattanooga will be without Alphonso Pugh. It would seem like he's one of their best players. With that said, i'll still take the points.