Just a heads up in case you missed it fellas.

Arizona hopes to make move in Pac-10 with a healthier Bayless

TUCSON, Ariz. -- Seventh-place Arizona is trying to climb up the Pac-10 standings. A healthier Jerryd Bayless will make the task a little easier.

The Wildcats (10-5, 1-2 Pac-10) expect their star freshman guard to play when they open a Northern California trip at Stanford on Thursday night. Bayless, who averages a team-high 19.7 points per game, missed four straight games with a sprained knee before coming back to score 33 points in a victory at Houston on Saturday. Arizona went 1-3 in his absence.

"The crucial thing was getting Jerryd back," Arizona interim coach Kevin O'Neill said on Monday. "He makes a big difference to our team."

The Wildcats shot 60 percent from the field against Houston, with Bayless spearheading the attack by making 7-of-13 shots from the floor and a school-record 18-of-20 free throws.

"I was going to get back out there as soon as I felt comfortable," Bayless said. "I felt comfortable."

The Wildcats are trying to figure out if they will use a smaller lineup against Stanford to offset the Cardinal's substantial height advantage. Arizona's best big man, Jordan Hill, twisted an ankle and is listed as day-to-day.

Despite the injury, Hill scored 17 points with nine rebounds at Houston. He is averaging 16.7 points and 11.7 rebounds per game.

The Wildcats are likely to be without forward Bret Brielmaier, who is sitting out with a shoulder injury.

"If we decide to go small then [Stanford will] have to match up against us," O'Neill said. "We are saying they are going to hurt us on the boards. We can hurt them in other ways. That is something I have to weigh in the next couple of days."

At least the Wildcats know Bayless, who has scored over 20 points on seven different occasions, will be ready to go.