Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kentucky/Houston thoughts

Kentucky is currently +3.5 against Houston Tuesday night. What are your thoughts on this one? I smell big trap personally.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Houston is going to wipe the floor with Kentucky, those are my thoughts

iceberg2788
    iceberg2788's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think kentucky is going to win who da hell is houston well idk nothing bout them but there schedule so far looked week i seen kentucky play uab besides that lucky come back there a reaally good bad team

perhapsnot
    perhapsnot's Avatar Become A Pro!

i agree with you illusion. I think a lot of people will bet on the laundry....Kentucky isn't the old kentucky....they are a team in disarray.

Houston has a lot on the line with this game to gain some respect. I'm leaning toward betting on Houston here.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am leaning toward Kentucky and the points. Two reasons: Kentucky's talent and Houston's weak schedule to this point.

I feel Kentucky has plenty of talent and is going to come to life a little bit before this season gets too far along. Their recruiting simply has been too good for too long for this team to lose too many. I saw these comments about Kentucky made by Houston's coach, Tom Penders:

... Penders said he reminded his players of the difference between Houston good and Kentucky subpar.

"I asked them, 'How many guys were recruited by Coach (Billy) Gillispie at Texas A&M," he said. "Nobody raised their hand. 'How many guys were recruited by Kentucky?' Nobody raised their hands.

"So I said, 'I guess you guys understand what we're up against.' "

On the second point, Ken Pomeroy has Houston's strength of schedule ranked at 300 (Kentucky's is 108). Pomeroy has Kentucky ranked at 66th in his system, and Houston at 102.

Despite Kentucky's problems (and don't get me wrong -- they are real problems), I think this game is going to be a serious test for Houston. It they win it, I will certainlly give them credit.

I think there is a very good chance, though, that Kentucky will avoid their first 4-game losing streak since 1989-90, and will get their 1100th win with Bill Keightley as equipment manager.

I just can't resist a play on Kentucky with the points. I'm thinking the negative publicity has added a point or two to this line. But still, be warned that this is not a bet for the queasy.

Good luck to you all, either way.
    Last edited by regularguy; 12-18-07 at 03:54 PM. Reason: made it easier to read; no change to substance

astro61200

I live in Kentucky, this team is awful... they played great against UAB and they still blew the lead and lost it... I feel that UAB and Houston are on about the same level, and the coaches agree since they were picked to finish 2nd in C-USA... now is the time to fade Kentucky while the lines are still favorable for them because of their name, this team had problems with Stony Brook at home, now they are supposed to go into a possible NCAA tournament teams' building, far away from Lexington, and stay within 3? Don't see it happening

Ballin
    Ballin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kentucky is just not good at all this year. If either Crawford, Patterson or Bradley have an off game, they won't win. Besides those 3, no one can score for them. It should be somewhat low scoring so the under might be the best play.

astro61200

Quote Originally Posted by Ballin View Post
    Kentucky is just not good at all this year. If either Crawford, Patterson or Bradley have an off game, they won't win. Besides those 3, no one can score for them. It should be somewhat low scoring so the under might be the best play.
    Houston games are rarely low scoring

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

One reason I come here is to have good handicappers talk some sense into me. I especially like the local Kentucky view. Still thinking. Thanks.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

okay, couldnt really decide what to play so decided to just throw them in a 3team 7pt teaser (+110) kansas-4/kentucky+11/semo +11. only way i could use kentucky today.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kentucky gets Meeks back tonight. That will help them some in their backcourt. I actually trend to the under at 139. Houston has not shot the ball all that well lately while Kentucky seems to be more of a half court team right now. I think this one slips under with a 69-65ish feel. Couldn't tell ya who I favor though, both squads have +s and -s. Houston has feasted on nobodies.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

I would stay away from this one. Although I would lean toward Houston.

bigdog3580
    bigdog3580's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Houston looked good first half. Run and Gun for the most part. A lot of offensive rebounds. 2nd Half line is Kentucky -1, down by 12 at the end of the 1st half. Tough line. But Houston looks like they should blow out Kentucky.