Ballin
    Ballin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ballin's NCAA BBall for Dec 16

I haven't posted in awhile as I just haven't had the time to properly research the college bball games to feel comfortable enough to post them. I am back and have 1 play for Sunday.

YTD 13-6

Manhattan pk

Reason why: Until Princeton proves they belong playing against D1 basketball teams, I'll continue to bet against them, home or away. On the season, they are shooting a pathetic 38% from the field and only 29% from behind the arc which is leading to an atrocious 50.4 PPG. It's not like they are a good defensive team that can survive such poor shooting as opponents are shooting a healthy 46% against them. In their last 5 games, they are averaging 43.4 PPG on 36% shooting. They are giving up 58.8 PPG on 48% shooting during that same stretch. Don't get me wrong, Manhattan is no juggernaut this year but they are leaps and bounds better than the worst team in the Ivy League this year. Manhattan is looking to rebound from their worst game of the year in which they got drubbed by Loyola Md on the road. Having a week to prepare for Princeton will allow Manhattan to pull out the win. Let me reiterate this, I am not betting Manhattan because they are a good team, I am betting against a team in Princeton that hasn't scored more than 40 points in their last 2 games and just look downright pathetic on the offensive end. Until Princeton puts up a decent fight in a game, I'll continue to bet against them especially when I can get the game at a pick. BOL to whoever decides to follow me on Manhattan.
    Last edited by Ballin; 12-16-07 at 12:57 AM.

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ballin View Post
    I haven't posted in awhile as I just haven't had the time to properly research the college bball games to feel comfortable enough to post them. I am back and have 1 play for Sunday.

YTD 13-6

Manhattan pk

Reason why: Until Princeton proves they belong playing against D1 basketball teams, I'll continue to bet against them, home or away. On the season, they are shooting a pathetic 38% from the field and only 29% from behind the arc which is leading to an atrocious 50.4 PPG. It's not like they are a good defensive team that can survive such poor shooting as opponents are shooting a healthy 46% against them. In their last 5 games, they are averaging 43.4 PPG on 36% shooting. They are giving up 58.8 PPG on 48% shooting during that same stretch. Don't get me wrong, Manhattan is no juggernaut this year but they are leaps and bounds better than the worst team in the Ivy League this year. Manhattan is looking to rebound from their worst game of the year in which they got drubbed by Loyola Md on the road. Having a week to prepare for Princeton will allow Manhattan to pull out the win. Let me reiterate this, I am not betting Manhattan because they are a good team, I am betting against a team in Princeton that hasn't scored more than 40 points in their last 2 games and just look downright pathetic on the offensive end. Until Princeton puts up a decent fight in a game, I'll continue to bet against them especially when I can get the game at a pick. BOL to whoever decides to follow me on Manhattan.
    I am with you on this pick. I also see this game as a revenge game for Manhattan. Princeton defeated Manhattan last season 57-45. Princeton has become the the worst team in the ivy league and so far Manhattan looks to improve from a team that went 13-17 last year. Two years ago Manhattan won 20 games and lost 11. So far this season Manhattan is 5-4. One loss was to Hofstra (73-71) and another loss was to Eastern MIchigan (61-57). The other two losses were not close. This is one game that Manhattan knows it can win and needs to win. Lets cash in tommorrow with the most solid pick on college basketball for Sunday Dec 16.

rmcaj
    rmcaj's Avatar Become A Pro!

On first glance looking at this game I felt the same way about this game. I was strong on Manhattan, however I could not look over the fact that this game is just a pick em. I mean if Manhattan was the better team and there was an obvious advantage why wouldn't they be favored by 5 or 6? I mean 3 at least?... It just doesn't add up. As much as I find it hard to believe the oddsmakers would look into this game enough to have a real accurate spread by no way are they giving out a freebie. I really didn't think I could call a game of this little importance on a football Sunday a sucker bet, but I think betting Manhattan would be a sucker bet. Thats just my take on it. If I'm wrong any game I see that looks close in comparison to this one I will go with the more obvious favorite. I just can't see why the spread is a pick em if this looks to be such an obvious win by Manhattan. I'm gonna track the line movement of this game and see what happens.

tab

The Spread is correct

Quote Originally Posted by rmcaj View Post
    On first glance looking at this game I felt the same way about this game. I was strong on Manhattan, however I could not look over the fact that this game is just a pick em. I mean if Manhattan was the better team and there was an obvious advantage why wouldn't they be favored by 5 or 6? I mean 3 at least?... It just doesn't add up. As much as I find it hard to believe the oddsmakers would look into this game enough to have a real accurate spread by no way are they giving out a freebie. I really didn't think I could call a game of this little importance on a football Sunday a sucker bet, but I think betting Manhattan would be a sucker bet. Thats just my take on it. If I'm wrong any game I see that looks close in comparison to this one I will go with the more obvious favorite. I just can't see why the spread is a pick em if this looks to be such an obvious win by Manhattan. I'm gonna track the line movement of this game and see what happens.
    The oddsmakers are good creating sucker bets but this one is not. IF the spread was Manhattan by 5, the money would be on Princeton in this game. There is also consideration for the fact that last year Princeton defeated Manhattan 57-45. And this years rematch is at Princeton. Princeton won 20 games four years ago and every year the number victories has decreased every year. Last year Princeton was 11-17 and so far this year they are 2-7. They lack scoring this year. Their top two scorers are Finley (11.3 points per game) and Gunn (10.7). Princeton is not good a good passing team (they average 11.7 assists per game) and 14.9 turnovers per game. More turnovers than assists on the season is not a good thing. Princeton is also not a good rebounding team as they average 29 rebounds per game (8.1 offenisve boards). And Manhattan is not much better stastically when it comes to assists and turnovers (11.9 assist and 15.6 turnovers per game). However Manhattan is much better at rebounding as they averaging 37.6 rebounds per game (12.1 offensive rebounds per game). What we have to realize was how Princeton won last seasons meeting. Manhattan made more field goals (20 for 40) than Princeton (18 for 34) in last seasons matchup. Princeton shot 6 for 13 from three point range and was 15 for 18 from the free throw line. Manhattan struggled from 3 point shooting (4 for 12) and free throws (1 for 4). Manhattan led the game at the half 20-14 but it was the 2nd half where they got outscored 43-25 by Princeton. I do not think they will score more than 43 points total in this game. Another reason Princeton won the game by 12 points was that Manhattan started fouling towards the end of the game and gave garbage points from the free throw line. This game was close until the last 5 minutes of the game. Manhattan is seeking revenge in this totally meaningless basketball game. Princeton is also not shooting well from the free throw line this as they average 56% from the charity stripe. Manhattan is slightly better averaging 64% from the charity line. Princeton averages shooting 11.2 freethrows per game and makes 6.3 freethrows per game. Manhattan averages shooting 20.2 freethrows per game and makes 12.8 freethrows per game. LEts consider 3 point shooting: Princeton shoots on the average 23.3 three pointers per game and makes 7.4 three pointers per game which is about 28%. Manhattan on the average shoots 20.2 three pointers per game and makes 6.5 three pointers per game which is about 33% average. If this game comes down to free throw shooting, Manhattan will win. I hope these stastics will help everyone. Good luck and lets makes here on this freebie pick.
    Last edited by tab; 12-16-07 at 07:44 AM. Reason: correction

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29934

by early Sun morn the line became Manh -1 . I think it will continue to move up.

tab

Line is -2

Quote Originally Posted by hhsilver View Post
    by early Sun morn the line became Manh -1 . I think it will continue to move up.
    You are 100% right and the line has moved to -2 as betus. This pick is good as gold.

rmcaj
    rmcaj's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well Princeton is up 11 with 14:30 to go...

Ballin

Quote Originally Posted by rmcaj View Post
    Well Princeton is up 11 with 14:30 to go...
    I guess that is why they play 40 minutes and not 25:30

Ballin

You want to know how to spot a bad team, Princeton shot 53% from the field and still lost. I guess when you turn the ball over 21 times, you'll lose a close game especially when you shoot 53% from the field.

boba
    boba's Avatar Become A Pro!

when manhattan was getting beat, i thought vegas sucker us when it was -1 to get people to jump on, and even further sucker more people to jump on when they were +2.

i'm glad i get to F vegas in the ass for once.