curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some angles I have had good success with

Hi gang,
    I have had good success with College baskets lately. Found out they have some redhot cheerleaders too!

I have found 3 high probability angles:

1) Home teams that are small favorites. I use under -10 to qualify as "small". This may be too high, I may lower it. By "under" -10 I mean from -1/2 to -9 1/2.
    2) Teasers with large favorites regardless of whether they are home or road. These have been awesome. A large favorite is -10 or more. By -10 or more I mean -10, -11, -12...-100...etc.
    3) Betting against a team which is winless on the road and the team is playing on the road (duh), regardless of the spread. As long as the home team isn't totally hopeless. These teams also work great in teasers.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    Hi gang,
    I have had good success with College baskets lately. Found out they have some redhot cheerleaders too!

I have found 3 high probability angles:

1) Home teams that are small favorites. I use under -10 to qualify as "small". This may be too high, I may lower it. By "under" -10 I mean from -1/2 to -9 1/2.
    2) Teasers with large favorites regardless of whether they are home or road. These have been awesome. A large favorite is -10 or more. By -10 or more I mean -10, -11, -12...-100...etc.
    3) Betting against a team which is winless on the road and the team is playing on the road (duh), regardless of the spread. As long as the home team isn't totally hopeless. These teams also work great in teasers.
    I'm curious to see if that will work when conference play starts. Also, with so many games being played on neutral grounds does your system still pick a home team if the game is on neutral ground?

dwest718
    dwest718's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Rule #2 applies to totals as well.

The -10 home team rule applies to a ton of teams... any chance you will narrow that range at all?

curious

Quote Originally Posted by dwest718 View Post
    Rule #2 applies to totals as well.

The -10 home team rule applies to a ton of teams... any chance you will narrow that range at all?
    I may lower it in a few days.

I'm not sure what a "small" favorite is. Still experimenting.

curious

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I'm curious to see if that will work when conference play starts. Also, with so many games being played on neutral grounds does your system still pick a home team if the game is on neutral ground?
    I know so little about college basketball, I didn't even know that. LOL. I just look at the espn scoreboard and use whoever is listed as a home team. LOL

Curious

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

If you are in the business of just wanting to make a little money, and not really looking to cash in big, 10 point teasers are the way to go...

a 4 team 10 point teaser, while giving only 5/6 odds, is very easy to win with on busy college bball days (Wednesday and Saturday are 2 examples) you have SOOOOOOO many games to choose from then you get 10 points to tack onto the spread that anyone with any type of idea on betting should be able to win...

However, due to the low payout they arent ideal for making big money quickly

Also, when I use them, I usually dont include totals, since taking a -12 favorite down to -2 is a lot better than taking 10 points on/off a total of around 130

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Home Favorites of PK through -9.5 are 5041-4882-237 (50.8%) The last 8 years.