regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Butler -10 at Detroit

I'm playing this. It took me a few weeks to be convinced by Butler, but I am now. I think Butler hammers Detroit in this one.

Butler is scoring 15.1 points more than its opponents. Detroit, with a much weaker schedule, so far has been outscoring opponents by 2.7.

Butler's three point shooting, when it's on, is insane. And, they showed against Ohio State, when they got cold, that they can play inside when they have to. But, really, I think their biggest strength might be their defense. They are allowing only 57 points a game, and have held four opponents under 50.

Butler is on fire, coming off convincing wins against bigger-conference teams: Michigan, Virginia Tech, Texas Tech, and Ohio State. They won the Great Alaska Shootout. They had five days rest before going on this road trip to face two Horizon conference teams.

Detroit will finish down in the pack in the Horizon (preseason picks have them at about 7th), and they have not beat a ranked opponent since January 2002. Detroit is coming off a win (72-68) at Eastern Michigan followed by a loss at home to so-so Central Michigan. About the best thing you can say about Detroit in this one is that they historically play Butler tough at home. But, to me, this Butler team is more than what they are used to.

I don't see Detroit staying with Butler tonight. The money is flowing to the Butler side with the spread at 10. Line might move.
    Last edited by regularguy; 12-06-07 at 11:20 AM.

rynop123
    rynop123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 147

Agree 100%
    This Game Butler wins by at least 20 points!!

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice writeup regularguy. Butler has really impressed me this year also, but tonight I am taking Detroit +10.5