Ballin
    Ballin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ballin's NCAA BBall for Dec 3

Off to a good start, let's continue the roll.

7-2 YTD

Towson -1

Reason why: Dating back to last year, Delaware has lost there last 10 games. This team obviously has very little confidence in thinking they can win. Confidence is a huge part of a basketball game because if you go into the game with losing on your mind, you have already lost. These 2 teams average almost the same number of points per game while Delaware is allowing opponents to shoot 46% from the field to Towson's 42%. Here is the key stat though: Delaware is getting out rebounded 41-24 rebounds per game. That is an astonishing deficit. Iona had 15 offensive rebounds last game. Hampton and Rider had 13. Marist had 19. You get the drift? Anytime you allow your opponents to have multiple attempts at the basket, you are shooting yourself in the foot. In conclusion, anytime 2 bad teams play, anything obviously can happen. But until Delaware gets the monkey of their back, I'll continue to bet against them especially at a pick. Towson wins and starts CAA conference play 1-0.

Jpound21
    Jpound21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I really liked this pick too ballin..waitn for my line to be released. good eye my friend

Ballin
    Ballin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Glad to hear you like it also. I can only put it simply like this, their is a 0% chance I could bet Delaware so to me the obvious play would be their opponent. Let's hope the losing streak continues tomorrow.

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

Townson rolls

You are definitely right about how bad a team Delaware really is. There rebounding is terrible as they are averaging about 25 rebounds per game. Really does not matter if its offensive or defensive rebounding, Delaware just gets hammered. In last year's game against Townson, Delaware had 21 rebounds and committed 14 turnovers. Townson won this game 85-63. They also do not play good defense as they commit more fouls than the opposing teams. Delaware really gets hammered on the offensive rebounding. Townson is one of the better offensive rebounding teams in their conference as they are averaging over 12 offensive rebounds per game this season. Townson also plays good defense and creates turnovers which leads to more shots. Delaware has a turnover problem too. In one game against Iona this season, Not only did Delaware got out rebounded 40-22, they also committed 20 turnovers.
    Townson is a good offensive rebounding team and do not have turnover problems. They actually play solid defense and they do create steals. Townson is actually better than any of the teams that Delaware has played this season so far. I expect a beat down like last season.

I like Townson at the half and the game. You did some good research on Delaware's rebounding woes. Keep up the good work.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Yeah, I agree that the rebounding edge will be huge in this game. Second chance points will be key as both teams will need every opportunity they can get. Towson is the pick. The only thing that concerns me is that the line has moved 3 points. You wouldn't think a game like this would draw that much action. Line started at Towson St.-1 and now sits at +2. Could the fix be in?
    Last edited by Cougar Bait; 12-03-07 at 03:12 PM.